Paradigmnoia Member
  • Member since Oct 23rd 2015

Posts by Paradigmnoia

I've never seen this photo before. Is it from a real estate company?

I see a quartet of large-bore steel pipes closest to the viewer and it is these that I think you are calling the heat exit for the container that housed the graphene production facility owned by Rossi's fake JM Products company. That isn't quite right, however.

Photos that IH personnel took in Feb 2016 at the end of the 1-year test do not show the pipes where you see them now. In fact they don't appear at all in any of the pictures. Instead they first appeared (in their present position) in the April 2017 walkthrough of the Doral site by the contesting parties in Rossi's court case. In other words, they appeared after people here had noticed that the claimed 1MW heat production by the ecats would roast people alive if it wasn't disposed of somehow. I think the idea was that the pipes were supposed to have originally been the ones that Rossi had used up in the mezzanine for the heat exchanger he said he built. They are supposed to be evidence that Rossi really did build a heat exchanger up there. They are now on the ceiling and wall of the main room because, as Rossi explained in one of his depositions, they were reused after the Doral test for some top secret project that he couldn't reveal. There isn't enough of them, however, to account for all the piping that Rossi said was up in the mezzanine.

Yes.

They line up with the four holes in a box (which I think covers the heat exchanger shown in one of the IH photos) behind the Black Container.
    I vaguely wonder how hot those pipes would be by the time the ducted air made it to the ceiling vent, if the air began at 103 C at nearly ground level. Basically they are a radiator in that configuration.

Doral picture i expect, we can see some workers it seems ?

Nope, that is in Ferrara, and we can see Darden, Penon, and maybe Dewey(?). Also note Levi in the back, with his ubiquitous red sweater.

Note that the condenser return hoses from the Bologna demo are now steel pipes. But they are probably effectively doing the same uphill water trick as at Bologna, just better disguised.

I admit that I am still interested in how Mr Rossi has constructed his demonstrations and trials although, at this point, I don't see any scientific value in the discussion. It's just interesting.

I don't know much about the 2013 test so I'll look into it. My presumption is that Mr Rossi's behaviour there will turn out to be the same as elsewhere and that Darden and IH did not, in fact, have full access. However presumptions are meant to be overturned if they are to have value!

We arrived at talk of the Ferrara test after you commented that you don't think that Rossi's claims have been disproved yet. But I think we have now found a couple of instances that do fit into the disproof category.

Explaining without invoking use of magic or invisible pumps the method used by water to flow from the condensers, up hill and into the reservoirs during the October 28, 2011 demo is a good start, because it probably applies equally to the Ferrara Validation as well.

That’s how my directed plasma pulse weapon works. Use a starter laser to blow a hole in the atmosphere that the highly energetic plasma pulse follows.

Merry Christmas.

Edit: was originally intended for putting scannable barcodes onto fresh vegetable skins, but after a few drinks and turning up the power...

But wrt the 1 year test, the calculated power dropped in proportion to the number of units taken offline.

In the 1yr test, the output sometimes dropped with units offline, but often the remaining ones just increased COP to make up for disconnected reactors. The highest COP was associated with a cascade of reactor failures and repairs, and was adjacent to a few weeks of continually consuming more electricity than was being supplied by the electrical utility.

This thread will be a kind of bargain bin for posts that are deemed to be

• intentionally inflammatory,
    • willfully careless or of dubious factuality,
    • generally unhelpful,
    • or otherwise of low quality.

Posts moved to this thread will be left here so that people can rummage through them in the event that there is something redeeming to be found in one of them. Posts may still end up in the playground thread as well (e.g., when they're interesting but not on the topic of the original thread). As with the playground thread, people are free to continue conversations here if they like.

I don’t see how my helpful “invisible thread” post qualifies for this thread.

I am not finding some recently active threads appearing in either my Portal or Forum pages. For instance this thread, the "Mizuno Replication and Materials Only" thread, is currently not shown for me on either page despite recent activity.

Do I have to change some sort of settings in my profile to see the most recently active threads? All my setting are currently on default mode.

If the thread was started by someone who is blocked, the thread becomes invisible.

(It used to go grey instead of invisible.)

Your own statements about how these are easy to form in a hard surface (to which I totally agree) is self contradictory with your position about the track left in the nuclear emulsion.

A soft surface (as the nuclear emulsion which is a gel surface) wouldn’t oppose enough force in the context of a three body interaction to leave such a mark, It would be single scoop mark with the the depth of the particle that left the mark. The emulsion does not provide enough resistance to cause the rotation of points that the three body interaction requires.

Now, how about this one recorded in an x ray plate?

This one is cool because there are two paired distinct faces being repeated by the rolling particle.

“Little bird looking down” then “little bird looking up”. Over and over

How do you suggest it got into a nuclear emulsion? It’s not the same that a hard surface and the process ensures it doesn’t get scratched.

These scratches are easily made on photographs. Simply sliding photos, one on another, is sufficient.

This material was fairly soft, so a thick imprint was made of the physical particle that made it.
    If it was actually inside the emulsion that would be from something different.

Normally atomic-type particles expose the emulsion to make a track. That doesn’t look exposed to me.

That is nice data if I understand the second graph correctly. Was this a tungsten lamp or quartz metal halide type?

Do you have a 100 watt purely resistive heater calibration for comparison?

The lamp is a Sylvania 100 W, 120 V standard incandescent, and the heater is a 12.5 ohm Kanthal coil wrapped around a ceramic thermocouple protection tube (that has been used for years). It currently has a dedicated 50.0 V DC supply.

It seems like one or the other isn’t quite what it should be for power. Probably the lamp is underperforming slightly. The AC voltage tends to be closer to 117 V on average than the 120 V it is supposed to be.

Also on this run, the lamp DT at steady state was a bit lower than the 7.3 -7.4 C it managed the last two times. The calorimeter hasn’t been opened or changed for about a week.

I have nearly completed a four lamp test fixture, with four independent lamp switches for many possible combinations of lamp powers.

The “24hr” Plant test is known as the Validation. COP reported was 11.7 (or something like that), running at reduced capacity due to worries about nonexistent bylaws. The earliest version of the IH patent application included much of Penon’s report on the 2012 plant Validation. Much of that report and protocol was recycled into the Doral protocol and report(s) verbatim.

1 MW is the maximum nominal Plant size, even though the Doral Plant was technically two 1MW plants in one.

After lots of poking around, overall results are that the fan makes 0.5 C DT, and the calorimeter box makes 0.2 C DT. I don’t have the resolution, but it is actually probably 0.45 C DT due to the fan, and 0.25 C DT from the calorimeter box for whatever reason.

Also, 1 hr steady state with 100 W lamp was DT of 7.4 C

and 200 W input is DT 15.3 C

Probably should do a few more to confirm the numbers before theorizing.

Will leave the fan intake thermocouple in place for a while.