Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Alan Smith

Ascoli's attempts to discredit an entire field of research are simultaneously sad and laughable. Without an experiment effort to replicate this with any reasonable facsimile of the F&P cell you are both just hand waving - supported only by Ascoli's vivid imagination and cherry-picked scenarios. You have it seems never experimented with or worked with electrolytic systems, perhaps Ascoli never has either. I don't know.

On the other side of this story, I have faith in F&P's skill and probity, and the huge body of experimental evidence from others showing that XSH in Pd/D systems is a genuine phenomenon.

Back to the Natural Philosophy Alliance 2010

The playlist title is "Frank Gordon - How Hot is Cold Fusion?"

This is segment 6.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This section also contains input from our member Simon Brink .

Kel-F - as I'm sure you know is an insulator. However it would be in direct contact with a bit of Palladium heated up to 400C by that 40W. If it works for soldering irons (at only 15W for a cheap one) it should work for palladium electrodes

Next time you have a moment, try attaching a wire to a good dieletric in the bottom of an empty glass beaker. Tell me how many volts it takes to melt it.

In the interview Ed says " The nuclear active environment is an environment

that causes or allows atoms to come together in such a way
    as to allow nuclear interaction. How the atoms go about
    doing this requires more detail. The environment allows the
    atoms to come together with a relationship to one another
    that would allow fusion to take place by some mysterious
    mechanism. The kind of environment that would allow
    atoms to come together is determined by the chemical
    nature of the material, because this happens in a chemical
    structure. Therefore, the rules that apply to a chemical structure must apply. These atoms don’t come together with the
    anticipation of fusing. They’re in a chemical environment
    doing whatever the chemical environment requires them to
    do. Chemists study and understand the nature of such an
    environment and the rules that apply. I’m trying to apply
    those rules to what’s happening."

I think this is a superficial account of some very deep thinking.

How on earth did you dream up all this nonsense?

What is the possible chemical nature of this hypothesised high-resistance coating on the cathode in a D2O/LiOD system? Never seen that happen in possibly 50 trials. If I had my notebooks here I could tell you exactly.

Since in your example this coating reduces current flow the system would cool down. It is exactly the same as having a smaller electrode.

Also- since this imaginary coating is intimate contact with the electrolyte it would also be cooled to electrolyte temperature- even if by some magic the electrode could heat up. The only magic I can think of is LENR magic.

I have often had problems with coating build-up on the electrodes in plating and cleaning tanks, in every case the current drops off very quickly. So no joule heating of anything, because there is less current flow.

Of course the bulk electrode temperature and the electrolyte temperature equilibrate over time. And stay there while current flows, but not after. However, that means nothing. I only mentioned 'bulk electrode temperature' because it is easier to measure than surface temperature in the presence of an electrolyte.
    Since Ascoli -according to you- could not possibly reproduce any of these effects while adhering however loosely to the F&P protocols I am calling it nonsense. Because it cannot be done. He knows it, you know it too.

And before you start on again about constant current versus constant voltage PSU's I am pretty sure that only in extremes would that make any difference - and F&P would be very wary of extremes.