Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Alan Smith

Stainless steel is an interesting choice Ed. Would you expect the Ni/Cr fractions of the alloy to be the ones that cause LENr, or the Fe? When I consider that Mizuno and many others use stainless steel reactors it certainly gives me pause for thought.

Thank you for some slight clarification. I can only take it from your analysis that you are without belief? In which case a more open-minded attitude would be more becoming than thinly veiled sarcasm

I think the combination of many scans, and the fact that reflected, transmitted and diffracted rays are combined from both surfaces of a sample and assembled by software into a coherent image is the key. A bit like a combination of electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction chrystallography. But I can see that by using the limits of standard optical microscopy as a benchmark it does seem a bit incredible.

T here are many things that are stranger than fiction Maybe you should send out for some of them? Meanwhile I have a question for you. Do you think LENR is possible?

Investors in the collapsed Woodford Equity Income fund (WEIF) have engaged with legal representation in efforts to claim compensation for "heavy financial losses" accrued as a result of the fund’s demise, with Hargreaves Lansdown (HL) among those in the firing line. WEIF collapsed in October after it was determined that it was not in the best interest of investors to reopen the fund after its June gating, which ultimately led to the closure of Woodford Investment Management.

The fund is now being wound up but experts anticipate it could take years for investors to get their money back, with any return set to be considerably lower than capital invested.

https://www.investmentweek.co.…investors-legal-challenge

Thanks to Brian Josephson for spotting this.

There may never be a good time to lose a secret, but some secrets are worse than others to lose, and some times are worse than others to lose them. For US physicist John Archibald Wheeler (see figure 1), January 1953 may have been the absolute worst time to lose the particular secret he lost. The nation was in a fever pitch about Communists, atomic spies, McCarthyism, the House Un-American Activities Committee, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, and the Korean War. And what Wheeler lost, under the most suspicious and improbable circumstances, was nothing less than the secret of the hydrogen bomb, a weapon of unimaginable power that had first been tested only a month before.

https://physicstoday.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/PT.3.4364

A great read - worthy of a spy novel

The paper is full of little gems like that I quoted - here's another. I have no doubt they are good work.

4. Registration of megahertz signals in a nickel-hydrogen heat generator. The formation of microdischarges.

In experiments with a nickel-hydrogen heat generator, a high-frequency signal was recorded. The receiving antenna in the form of two copper strips diverging at an angle to each other was located in the calorimeter chamber of Fig. 5. The signal from the antenna was fed to an oscilloscope. Figure 7 shows two types of electromagnetic disturbances that arise from time to time in the antenna. On the left in Fig. 7 a typical perturbation is shown, on the right is a very powerful perturbation, the frequency of which is much less. Frequency analysis of the disturbance signal shows frequencies from 1.2 MHz to 30 MHz. Signals appear in groups. A separate group can last 2-3 minutes. Signal repetition rate as in Fig. 7. in the group reaches from 1 to 10 - 20 signals per second. After 2-3 minutes of high activity, pulse generation may suddenly stop. Within 5-10 minutes, only background disturbances are recorded. After 5 to 10 minutes of silence, pulse generation occurs again.

.....because this will end all wars and fight on energy resources.

Oh no it won't = sadly it will just start off another lot. We are an inherently war-like species, any excuse will do. Reading about medieval executions in the history books makes us feel morally superior and more humane than our ancestors but now our species attempts genocide on a regular basis, casually kills dozens or hundreds by remote controlled drone and because it is (always hopefully) far away we still delude ourselves that we are evolving into better people.

Ahlfors Good paper with some interesting observations. I liked this part...

' During start-up No. 258, the heating current of the reactor increased (steps in the temperature distribution). Upon reaching a temperature of 880 ° F (a point on the x-axis of 16,000), a permanent niode magnet was placed in the heating chamber. The field on the surface of the magnet is 0.2 T. On the surface of the reactor at a distance of 10 cm from the magnet, the field was 0.0003 T. Almost immediately after placement of the magnet temperature of the reactor falls to 80 o F . After removing the magnet from the heating chamber M1, the temperature of the reactor is restored at a level of 880 o F . It is noteworthy that the change in temperature of the surrounding surfaces of the heating chamber M1 is of the opposite nature — it grows when the magnet is placed, and falls when the magnet is removed. During start-up No. 258, the heating current of the reactor increased (steps in the temperature distribution). When the temperature reached 880 ° F (a point on the abscissa axis 16000), a permanent niode magnet was placed in the heating chamber M1. The field on the surface of the magnet is 0.2 T. On the surface of the reactor at a distance of 10 cm from the magnet, the field was 0.0003 T. Almost immediately after placement of the magnet temperature of the reactor falls to 80 o F . After removing the magnet from the heating chamber M1, the temperature of the reactor is restored at a level of 880 o F . It is noteworthy that the change in temperature of the surrounding surfaces of the heating chamber M1 has the opposite nature - it grows when the magnet is placed, it falls - when the magnet is removed. Such radical changes in temperature occur at other points in the installation.'