Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Alan Smith

At ICCF-22 I had the pleasure of a long discussion with Lutz, author of the paper below, which focuses on his plasmoid (AKA EVO) research. A long read packed with insights and data. Download from http://condensed-plasmoids.com/condensed_plasmoids_lenr.pdf

The Physics of Condensed Plasmoids (CPs) and Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR)
    October, 2015 through September, 2019
    Lutz Jaitner, lutz.jaitner t-online de, http://www.condensed-plasmoids.com

Abstract

LENR research was puzzled for a long time by the basic questions: How can nuclei fuse at low temperature, i.e. how
    can they overcome the Coulomb barrier without having high kinetic energies? Why is the observed excess heat not
    accompanied with gamma radiation? Why is LENR producing helium-4 from deuterium, whereas D-D hot fusion is
    mainly producing helium-3, tritium and neutrons? How can LENR be technically optimized for commercial use?
    To answer these questions, the author has built a quantum-mechanical model of the nuclear active environment in
    LENR. This environment is an ultra-dense plasmoid, i.e. a “condensed plasmoid”. The computed properties of CPs are
    so exotic, that CPs qualify as a previously unknown aggregation state of matter.
    This document is first in describing the properties of CPs, the microscopic evidence of CPs in LENR experiments, how
    the properties of CPs help explaining a wealth of remarkable findings in LENR experiments, examples of nuclear
    reaction routes possibly enabled by CPs, the quantum-mechanical model of CPs, the computational results derived from
    this model, verifiable predictions derived from the theory on CPs and a technology assessment on potential dangers of
    LENR. The mechanism, which suppresses gamma radiation in CPs, will also be described in this document.
    The quantum-mechanical model of CPs is based on the cylindrical symmetry of a very thin (i.e. about 40 pm) plasma
    “wire” (The quantitative properties given in the abstract are depending on the configuration of the CP, they are just
    examples). The electrons of a CP are fully delocalized and decoupled from the nuclei. They are moving with high
    velocity (10 to 80% of light speed) against the nuclei. This is resulting in an intrinsic current of about 9 kA in the CPs,
    with a mean current density of approximately 2.5 A per square picometer.
    The magnetic field from this current reaches 50 megatesla and creates a confinement pressure of more than 1021 Pa. The
    electrons are compressed by a z-pinch condition to a mean density of about 0.15 electrons per cubic picometer.
    The creation of a CP is an endothermic process, which typically requires discharges with high voltages and high
    currents. Once created, CPs enjoy a lifetime, which can extend to hours and beyond. This longevity is likely not a result
    of the CP’s stability, but is rather based on a self-sustained feedback of nuclear energy, countering the otherwise
    inevitable decay of the CP.
    The minimum distance of hydrogen nuclei in a CP is only about 2 pm, which enables tunneling through the Coulomb
    barrier. The barrier is also much screened by the dense electrons.
    Nuclear energy feedback to the electrons can potentially produce a negative resistance of sparks and a self-sustained
    growth of CPs. This can lead to high-voltage oscillations in the electrodes and a dangerous and sudden release of
    nuclear energy, if the electrode circuitry is not damped resistively and the reaction rate is not properly fuel-limited.

And the first link translated... (thank you can )

ANSWER OF FRANCESCO CELANI

I believe you have already given the right answers.

* Dr. Bianchini used a RADIATION PROTECTION tool, so all values were averaged.

* My instrument was instead a gamma spectrometer but used as an instant "counter".

The energy response (with the appropriate software supplied) was 25-2000keV: (conventional) sodium doped iodide detector (in abbreviation: NaI (Tl)).

The measure was in counts per second (cps).

In other words, ANY signal range between the minimum detection level and the maximum (or higher) level gave a count.

Every second the signal was reset and the previous one "scrolled" on the display.

The local memory, on the display, was 50 acquisitions (I go to memory, I am on vacation ...), with an auto-refresh function.

In the "large" room the values were around 60cps, quite stable.

In the reactor room they were of the same value, even near the "reactor". All with "off" reactor.

Out of curiosity, in my Laboratory in Frascati (volcanic zone => radioactive) the bottom is 100-110cps inside the Laboratory. Outside it is significantly larger (tuff).

The counter / spectrometer, although constructively shielded against ELF and RF, was operated in Bologna with an internal battery to avoid possible strong "noises" from the 220Vac network, for example caused by electrical discharges or switching of triacs. The counter also had a sound alarm (the classic BEEP) I placed at around 400cps (if I remember correctly).

* A simple Geiger counter (so-called alpha-beta-gamma) and ELF and RF detectors were also active. All the instruments were battery operated.

* In short, everything was regular except for one EVENT just before Rossi left the reactor room to inform us that (finally) the reactor had left.

During this event, with a MAXIMUM duration of one second, the counter / spectrometer gave a signal of about 1200 cps (again, if I remember correctly), the BEEP sounded, the Geiger counter went into "overflow" and I had to turn it off and turn it back on , as required by the procedure.

The two counters of electromagnetic disturbances (ELF and RF) remained silent.

Shortly after the BEEP, and observing the non-negligible value of the signal (about 20 times the local natural background), my colleagues and I looked at the door with "greed" ...

Fortunately, the next second, everything was back to regular and we stayed in the room.

* Possible hypotheses are:

a) cosmic ray;

b) "true" signal coming from the reactor during the crossing of some non-equilibrium phase.

* During operation, after about 30 minutes at the beginning of the trial, I was allowed to enter the small room.

The count value was, this time, increased to 60 at 90-120cps and was VERY IRREGULAR.

However, these absolute values, as already mentioned, are compatible with the environmental fund.

* I HAD NO POSSIBILITY to take measurements in spectrum

* During the shutdown there was a similar phenomenon to that of the ignition but much-much weaker.

Thanks for your attention,

Francesco CELANI

Fabrice's ( fabrice DAVID) papers on the 'fusion diode' are now available as a bulk download:- here's the abstract

EXPERIMENTAL RESULTS WITH SOLID STATE FUSION DIODES

Fabrice David and John Giles

The authors present a different approach to prove the reality of LENR: the Fusion Diode. This device has no input energy, relying on the only energy produced. The diodes are fabricated as powder diodes, with a large surface junction made up of a semiconductor in contact with palladium charged with deuterium. The suspected fusion reactions take place in the junction between the semi conductor and the Palladium powder, which produces an excitation which is transmitted to the electrons.

https://www.academia.edu/26174…SION_DIODES?auto=download

I think you will all agree Ruby is doing a wonderful job, she has been tireless in pursuit of news of interesting new developments.

I am joining a little crowd of other attendees Including David Fojt on the 11.30 Assisi-Rome train and then the airport bus. Home in time for a late dinner all being well. My feeling, taken from the mood of the conference is that there is a new spirit of optimism in in the air and that before the next decade is out LENR will be ubiquitous.

Ruby is doing such a great job, actually several at once, passing out T-Shirts, videoing presentations, and running the mic (when found) round to questioners. Meanwhile I'm working the edge of the crowd, picking up gossip and discussing technicalities. I'm also on a recruiting drive. The reputation of LENR-Forum continues to rise and I hope to have persuaded some more very serious theorists and exprmenters in the field to post here on a regular basis. But be warned, they will be protected.

Also doing the paparazzo photos which I'll post in here asap.