Timar Member
  • Member since Dec 2nd 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Timar

Yes, it shows exactly what I have written above:

EPEA Worldwide Ltd. (in which Darden may hold an investment) [or MDBC - I may have confused those entities] holds the trademark on the term for the purpose of certification of products and production processes but that doesn't limit its widespread public use for educational and non-profit purposes, which is certainly encouraged by Braungart and McDonough. They are out to create a global ecologic and economic movement, not to heinously sue people supporting their concepts for copyright violation.

If you (indirectly) threaten sifferkoll with legal measures for using this term on his blog, do you also plan to sue the thousands of other blogs and websites using it as well? Do you also plan to sue thousands of students and scientists using it in their thesis and research papers, or the German "Cradle to Cradle" nonprofit organization? If so, do Dr. Braungart and Mr. McDonough know about your plans?

BTW - During this little walkabout, I spotted an interesting copyright violation over on Siffer's site as well - it is owned by a Darden funded entity called Cradle-to-Cradle. Siffer a total hack.

What a ridiculous and ignorant assertion!

Cradle to Cradle is a term and concept developed by German chemist Michael Braungart and American architect William McDonnough in their eponymous book from 2002, a seminal work in the theory of circular economy. Since then, is has become a common term employed for a variety of endevours founded or inspired by Braungart and McDonnough. There have been thousands of concept and research papers published on it, there even have been Cradle to Cradle chairs and fellowships founded at several European universities (Leiden, Munich). There is a Cradle to Cradle nonprofit organization registered in Germany. EPEA Worldwide Ltd. (in which Darden may hold an investment) holds the trademark on the term for the purpose of certification of products and production processes but that doesn't limit its widespread public use for educational and non-profit purposes, which is certainly encouraged by Braungart and McDonough. They are out to create a global ecologic and economic movement, not to heinously sue people supporting their concepts for copyright violation.

I doubt Darden & Co would even have become aware of LENR and entered the game with IH in the first place had it not been for Rossi with his visibility and prospect of a nearly market-ready kW scale technology promising huge returns. Hence it is a naive miscalculation to lament that the 11.5 M$ could have enabled "real" LENR research. It is far more likely that they would instead have been invested in, say, a new smartphone app. Assuming Mr. Weaver tells the truth about Rossi and IH's other commitments (which I doubt), LENR research has greatly benefited from Rossi even if he is a fraud.

For those who don't understan dmy way of mind in that affair, I assume that people are selfish and rational.

I understand your assumption but I think it is flawed. People are regularly selfish, but not exclusively - and people are often rational but certainly not always. People may even be selfish in a way that makes them act irrationally (commonly called greed).

Btw, this flawed and idealized assumption about the human condition is the very reason why the dogmatic liberalism building upon it is an equally flawed and dangerous ideology.

Team Rossi? LOL! I actually was sitting on the fence about Rossi and IH and am still very skeptical of "Rossi says", but as I wrote before, the more I read of your comments, Dewey, the more likely it seems to me that Rossi more or less has what he claims and IH is the party that is acting in bad faith. It is both what you write and what you don't write (when reasonable questions get asked) that, more than anything else, drives me toward "Planet Rossi".

It is a bold move by Rossi to issue that press release at the very moment IH filed their motion. By doing so, Rossi once more takes control and forces IH to react. If they dispute the press release, they are implictly acknowledging the value of Rossi's IP and thereby rendering the strategy impossible to portrait Rossi as a fraudster who has no valid technology whatsoever.

Let's see what will happen. I venture to predict that Dewey's threatening words will once more be exposed as unsubstantiated FUD when IH issues their reply.

I suspect Thomas (being the honourable man I think he is) has requested a meeting with his head of faculty 'fessing' up to his involvement in this and other forum's and he has received some 'advice'. If this is the case we are unlikely to see Thomas again.

Or the other way around. I have been puzzled for quite a while how his anti-Rossi engagement (often producing around 30 posts per day, comprising many pages of text) can possibily be compatible with having a family and a full-time job (let alone a professorship). The non-retired professors I know hardly find time to keep up with their email correspondence.

I haven't followed the playground thread for most of the time (my parents allowed me to spent sufficient playground time during childhood so that I don't have a deficit to compensate today ;) )

However, the dicussion about TC aroused my curiousity and I loocked for sifferkoll's offending post. I was almost disappointed when I finally found it. It contains a link to Thomas' CV. So what? If it wasn't the playground thread I would be tempted to say that it is rather childish of Thomas' to complain about posting this link as an an offence to his privacy. If you are concerned about your privacy in the first place, you don't post under your real, unabridged name, use a personal portrait(!) as your avatar and repeatedly make references to your profession and homecountry. Moreover, with the sheer magnitude of his involvement in the Rossi story - his formal critique of the Lugano report he is so proud of but also his enduring, vocal and seemingly almost obsessive participation in the online discussion - Thomas worked hard to turn himself into a person of public interest in relation to this affair just as Rossi and Mats are.