Piet Member
  • Member since Apr 9th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Piet

Quote from Thomas Clarke: “Yes, it is difficult, is it not? Glad you agree with me. Nevertheless Josh will tell you that, to their credit, the vast majority of scientists (and of distinguished scientists) manage to face miracles without this…

Just to clarify my comment above, I would call it "facing a miracle" when you witness directly in front you, or in your own experiment, a phenomenon which, after careful examination, seems to be beyond the current knowledge of science. And that's different from facing other people's reports of these kinds of "miracles". Perhaps there's a way to manage both situations without foolishness?

Yes, it is difficult, is it not? Glad you agree with me. Nevertheless Josh will tell you that, to their credit, the vast majority of scientists (and of distinguished scientists) manage to face miracles without this foolishness.

The vast majority of scientists have never faced a miracle/miracles.

To my knowledge, the May 1 test, which was done in Ferrara as the validation test for the license agreement, and which released the 10 million, is not publicly available.

Assuming that the following English/Chinese presentation and its date Oct 13, 2013, is genuine, these IH believers surely believed in "the Reactor" after that May 1, 2013, test:

Thomas Clarke: OK - well I take that point. But where in this story would you want him to have acted differently? If you support LENR, which most here do, you would not want him to pay attention to skeptic scientists comments on the many Rossi independent reports? So: at what point would he have realised Rossi was a flake - and what would trigger that - and what would he then do?

Well, I personally wouldn't have been "increasingly interested" in funding the work after over 2.5 years without success in substantiating the results, including several months of the 1 MW year long test.

IH statement, April 7, 2016:

Industrial Heat has worked for over three years to substantiate the results claimed by Mr. Rossi from the E-Cat technology – all without success.

Tom Darden in an interview 6 monts ago, Oct 9, 2015:

Rossi’s technology, dubbed E-Cat, is a black box that, according to reports, uses cold fusion to generate large amounts of green energy cheaply. Darden sees it as an alternative to the coal plants pumping pollutants into the sky, and says his team is “increasingly interested” in funding the work. He is “absolutely not” ready to release a timeline as to when data will be available, however.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tri…at-lab-space-cary-nc.html