Tom Paulsen Member
  • Member since Apr 23rd 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Tom Paulsen

me356 has said in his opinion Ross's stuff works

"me356 says" as evidence for "Rossi says"?

me356 has unfortunately lost any credibility.

You are firing bullets for the anti LENR camp.

Here exists no anti-LENR camp. Only some people with a primary interest in finding facts.

It should be totally comprehensible, that these people become more and more skeptical if huge claims are made without any substantial verification.

Rossi must be totally crazy If he really has stated, what has been quoted by Shane D..

Here is another example (comment by Rossi in his JONP):

He had signed the License Agreement with Industrial Heat LLC, neither with "Cherokee Fund" nor another entity "from which eventually has been born IH".

The only question is whether he completely has lost touch with reality or it's an example how he deceives his followers.

@quizzical

Thanks for the clarification.

The usage of Ni nanopowder is the only thing that has been really invented by Rossi (if it was not the idea of Focardi et.al.).

I do not want to devalue this, but don't think that this describes an inventive step that wouldn't have been sometime made without Rossi's participation.

I've got the impression, that many of his supporters have a false impression as to the importance of Rossi for LENR, because they think he has been the discoverer / inventor of the NiH effect.

To add to this point, that's 11.5 million dollars that did not go to hardworking researchers in a field that for years has been starved of funding. To put things in perspective, the National Cold Fusion Institute in Utah was funded with 4.5 million dollars (in 1991 terms). There have been cold fusion researchers who have been discouraged in their own efforts when they heard stories of kilowatt reactors. There will have been real damage to LENR research if it turned out that Rossi was not being honest with IH. Anyone who cares about LENR research should not be cavalier about the Leonardo vs. IH lawsuit.

Therefore we should hope that the trial takes a quick end.

The technical issues which all of us interests can anyway not be resolved by judicial process.

If the Motion To Dismiss will be rejected, it will be a question whether Rossi can win through his drafting of the contract, inadequate measurement methods and his magical calculations, but nothing of that would testify the real efficiency of the E-Cat.

If Rossi has nothing in terms of IP, and has simply deluded himself, then no harm, no foul.

Delusion is not a criminal action, but deceiving others to cash in 11.5m$ is not only "harm and foul" it is called fraud. And this is a criminal action.

If Rossi has nothing in terms of IP, then he has not only defrauded IH, but also deceived all of his followers. And then you would be the only one who thinks that this is "no harm, no foul".

The joke of the day ...

So we have two (main) reasons for the dismiss, the first one is the time issue of §5 and the second is the allegation that a wrong Ecat version was used. The first allegation is form my point of view definitely false, because in the valid §5 of the second amendment is no deadline and what the 6 cylinder (sounds like my BMW engine :D ) Ecat is, does not exist as an information.

But the main point of the motion to dismiss is the missed deadline and this is definitely out of the race and therefore the court will most probably decided to carry out the trial.

Greets
    Felix

The first allegation is form my point of view definitely false, because in the valid §5 of the second amendment is no deadline

I think, if you would evaluate the entire line of argument presented by Jones Day, not just individual sentences or articles, this could be totally different.

Their argumentation explains clearly that §5 of the second amendment is not legally valid.

the 6 cylinder (sounds like my BMW engine :D )

I would also be happy if this damn thing would work like our 6 cylinder BMW engines :D .

With best wishes

Tom

As said above, not a single word in the court paper that the device did not work and I can not imagine a single reason why the by IH in their press statement claimed dysfunctionality of the Ecat is not mentioned with a single word! So I expect that the evidence is against IH's assertion (ie the ECAT works)

A motion to dismiss outlines legal reasons why the trial should not be continued.

If Jones Day know several reasons which explain why IH is not obliged to pay the 89m$ then they will of course identify the legal reasons that are the easiest to comprehend. That's what everyone would do.

Stating a single reason that no payment obligation exists would have been quite sufficient .

The two reasons which are mentioned here, are easy to understand. This says nothing about the evidence in a different argument, only that presenting this evidence would be very extensive and that the introduction of new facts could be required. Such an argument not conforms to a Motion to Dismiss.

The date of publishing of the patent application is Feb. 25, 2016 filled Feb.20,2015 so if IH had, as they claim in their papers to the court, the information in 2015 that the device does not work, then they have to withdraw the patent application and the application should have never been published. But nothing, the application is still available.

Until now, the lawyers of IH have not presented any argument that the device does not work.

I think it's understandable that one cannot act beside the ongoing litigation.

fill a patent application and then claim that all this is your invention and your intellectual property and in this special case IH vs. Rossi additionally claim that your invention does not work, which is not only criminal but also outlandishly stupid.

It is true that one can't file for a patent, simultaneously claiming that the invention is not working.

This is not the case here.

IH had to assume that the test result is correct, when they had filed the patent application, even if this may be assessed differently today.

It's obvious, that the time course has to be considered.

Tom,
    Let me respond to your post in a slightly different way. It's obvious that Rossi and IH signed the contract. But that does not make it fair from an IP point of view. Also, a number of provisions of the contract may be interpreted differently. Similarly, for Rossi's and IH's actions related to the contract and to IP. Getting to the bottom of this requires both knowing all of the facts (which we don't know) as well as legal interpretation (to be done by a Court).

That we comment here on the basis of previously published facts and that ultimately a court will decide on the case is probably quite clear.

But just as you have brought your views expressed, I also expressed my estimation.

And I can assure you that I have examined the known facts intensive with different perspectives.