Deleo Member
  • Member since May 10th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Deleo

I think AR has really boxed himself in with his statement about being endothermic. There is simply too much waste heat to not have major ventilation or drainage installed in the space shown in the photograph. This space does not appear to have either of those. And forget the drain, the amount of water supply to that space to do that type of cooling would be noticeable, even beyond the water bill. We are talking about modifying the plumbing in and around the space.

It would require modifications to the water line to the space. If there are no plans filed with the City of Doral for expanding the flow of water into the space then it didn't happen. No plumbing changes, and no ventilation on the roof means AR is not being truthful here. No matter how endothermic this industrial process was (and let's say it was at the level of 60% or 70%) you would still have enough waste heat to require physical modifications to the space. So where are they?

To me water cooling is not a good route for AR to take on the plausibility scale. There would need to be a lot of plumbing work done in the space to do this type of cooling. These standard warehouse spaces don't typically come with large drains in the center of the floor. And this is not the type of operation where AR could attach a hose to a sink and drain the water outside. This would be industrial level water cooling that would require plumbing work by a contractor to be undertaken. The work would require permits, and permission from the landlord to modify the existing plumbing. Having worked with warehouse landlords I would say most or all of them I know would not approve of this level of water cooling in their space. There would be too much liability with flooding etc.

Jones Day would not be putting their name on this claim without doing their homework. We are talking months of research and getting to the bottom of JM Products. They know what they are doing. The only thing left is conspiracy theories. But isn't that where everything ends?

Mary, I am not an investor in BrLP and I would not invest in them at this point. It's still too speculative and there would still be plenty of upside to capture even after it is commercialized. But what is it exactly that you would tell an investor? The fact that Mills has raised $100MM and spent 20 years on this would not be a deciding factor for me. What I would care about is, what are the SunCell's prospects going forward from a technical and economic standpoint? I would also care about the current valuation of the company so I would know how much ownership I would be getting for my investment. I am not sure if I would care a lot about much else. Is every aspect of Mills Hydrino theory accurate? I don't know how much I would care.

Has Mills burned money going down blind alleys over the past 20 years? Yes. I'm not sure that is a deciding factor though. I would want to know what is in front of me, not the past. I would hire independent consultants to verify their measurements and study the device and the filed patents in every way possible. That would be the proper due diligence. I'm not saying that your rehashing of Mills and BrLP's history is irrelevant, it's just not nearly as relevant as the items above.

Mary, I appreciate your scrutiny, but I think it is a stretch to lump Rossi and Mills together. Look at the quotes below from BrLp's press release today. You would not see AR do something like this. Is the SunCell a highly speculative piece of technology that may never see the light of day as a commercial product? Perhaps yes. But these are University level researchers that are validating the performance of the SunCell with different methodologies. Maybe they are all wrong with their conclusions, or maybe not. Time will tell...

Using four cross-confirming methodologies, five validators have confirmed over a million watts of plasma power developed by BrLP’s so-called SunCell® at power gains of over 100 times the power to ignite the Hydrino reaction, and at power densities higher than any previously known energy source. Dr. Randy Booker, physics professor and former Physics Department Chairman at University of North Carolina-Ashville said, “The power was measured using two optical power measurements involving three sophisticated spectrometers calibrated against a National Institute of Science and Technology traceable standard and two thermal methods involving a commercial calorimeter and the rate of the rise of the water coolant temperature of the SunCell®. All four methodologies cross-confirmed the production of megawatt scale power that was continuous in the case of the SunCell® with spectacular commercial potential. Moreover, the unique and characteristic spectrum from the optical tests of essentially purely high energy light emission over a predicted range confirms the hydrino reaction as the source of the power.”

One of the validators, Bucknell Professor Dr. Peter Mark Jansson PE remarked, “An objective review of the progress BrLP has made over the past decade in the development of their proprietary hydrogen-based technology indicates that they have achieved an understanding of the fundamental parameters that must be controlled to create a sustainable and energetic reaction of their atomic hydrogen fuel and catalysts. They have made landmark progress in creating demonstration devices that prove the concept of their generation technology with promise of becoming continuously operating prototypes in the near future. The creation of these consistently replicable experiments where input power is multiplied by 65 to 150 times is a remarkable achievement. The input power for these respective experiments was 8.02 kW and 10.45 kW with corresponding output power peaks reaching as high as 521 kW and 1.56 MW. Although these energy bursts were on the order of 1 to 3 minutes in duration I was able to observe a more continuous, sustainable reaction experiment that lasted over 7 minutes, other validators were able to observe operating SunCells® for over 30 minutes in duration.”

Once they are put into operation I am not sure that SunCells would regularly be turned off. The cost of operation is cheap enough to just keep it running and dump power and heat. I am just guessing with this scenario, but Mills in his talk said that people need to get comfortable with the concept of dumping power, and that there will be no more scarcity with electricity. I did think it was interesting that he brought up fast food restaurants as an early adopter. They use a lot of power and are open for most hours of the day.

The good news that I see in this recent video is that the reaction is more continuous than the single bursts we saw in the last demo. Mills did refer to the device melting. He seems to believe that refractory materials (like a kiln) will solve this problem because they can handle a ton of heat. It sounds like this refractory material will not be metallic, or it would melt. The way that Mills spoke about this leads me to believe that the engineering hurdle to keep the SunCell from melting is still in front of them.

I still think that BrLp has come along way in the last couple of years. This design setup with photovoltaics looks like a good engineering path. Mills is kind of like the boy who cried wolf. When he finally has something real perhaps not many people will care to listen anymore. It has been such a long road with him. He may have a breakthrough here. I hope he does. He is way ahead of Rossi in my opinion, and much more transparent. They showed a live COP of 3 in the video. That's not off the charts, but a breakthrough nonetheless. I wouldn't invest in Mills today, but if he could get some kind of working device in the field and BrLP went public, I would buy stock on the first day.

I have no idea if AR ever had anything. Who can answer that? But I take you at your word that the 1 year test showed no excess heat. I think that IH would have stuck with AR if it had. Their willingness to walk away from AR after giving him all of that cash is very telling. Investors typically don't walk away from what they consider to be a good investment. So all the believer crowd is left with are conspiracy theories (some initiated by AR himself). IH must have stolen the secret recipe and now they are backing someone else to bring LENR to market and they are screwing over AR. Nope, I don't believe it. It's anyone's right to believe that, but there isn't a shred of evidence other than "Rossi Says" to back up any conspiracy theory along those lines.

Regardless, I do not believe that AR is on the verge of some new deal with a new partner. Maybe he did a demo for someone. Maybe it was Hydrofusion or someone else. But I highly, highly doubt that any entity would invest a dime in AR at this point without fully scrubbing the ERV report. Even then, they would probably wait until the lawsuit is settled. Who would want to invest in a company with that huge albatross hanging around AR's neck? People can get excited about new ideas and demonstrations, but they aren't going to write a check with that kind of uncertainty. AR isn't even spinning that tale right now. He is on his own again.

What happened to the motion to put all Rossi related posts into one thread? I saw a lot of votes for it. AR is becoming a major distraction at this point. Brilliant Light Power will be demonstrating a closed system on Tuesday and Mills is saying that all of their Q2 milestones have been met. I think too many people have been caught up in the cult of personality with Rossi. At some point we have to ask, what are we doing here?

It would be great if someone at the June 28th demonstration could ask Mills directly about Ahern's assertion. If I were an investor sitting in that room at this point I would want to see Mills clearly demonstrate that the SunCell is an overunity device. There really is no reason to delay a clear demonstration of that at this point, unless the SunCell is not an over unity device.

If the SunCell can run continuously (which Mills now says it can) it should not be that difficult to clearly see it. We are past the millisecond reaction phase. Mills is saying that he will have a unit out in the field next year (yes, for the 10th time I know). But he has to know that he is on thin ice with his investors. His willingness to do demonstrations in front of them and putting them online is miles ahead of what AR did with is fuzzy blue light photo.

How about starting a Brilliant Light Power discussion. Here is a quote from their new presentation, plus some answers below from Mills today. This is way beyond Rossi:

"There are very interesting new developments at BrLP. The power of the plasma as shown for the first run of a new approach that we started about a month ago can be extraordinary, bursts of millions of watts in a volume of a coffee cup. Cell meltdown including the thick tungsten electrodes can occur in seconds. Five independent validators using four cross confirming methodologies, two absolute spectroscopic and two thermal techniques using a commercial calorimeter and a heat exchanger on the SunCell, have established that the power demonstrated is megawatt level with about 8 kW total input."

Great new results! Pease put the changes into context of the current design and process for us.
    >>I will present that on the 28th.

Also you mentioned megawatt bursts but was the continuous power measured at the megawatt level in the new calorimeter validations?
    >>Continuous until the cell melted.

I hope the melting problems can be controlled or was this allowed to happen merely
    <<We have a refractory material design for the high powers and temperatures.
    for demonstration purposes?

I would agree to limit AR to one thread. All we know about AR at this point is what he posts on his blog (I have stopped reading it because I don't believe what he is writing). Anyone here could set up a blog and post what he is posting. I know that's all some people need to believe what he is saying, but without verification of some kind it is nothing more than "Rossi Says". I don't expect that to change any time in the near future. So perhaps just one thread called Rossi and everything about him goes inside it.

Dewey, I could get banned here for saying this (ok, hopefully not) but if you want to fund LENR or similar research look at what Mills and Brilliant Light Power are doing. They have another demonstration day coming up June 28th. I am not saying that Mills has the breakthrough in his hands. He may be on the right path, or perhaps not. But if I had to bet $10k on who is on the right track, I would bet it on Mills, (of course, all of this is so speculative that my first choice would be to not bet anything at this point). I think Mills was in the abyss for years, but about 2 or 3 years ago things started coming together for him. His latest iterations are making some bit of sense. Of course it would be nice to simply see a SunCell that shows over-unity. We will see what the next demonstration shows in a couple of weeks. I am sure his existing investors are very anxious to see some real progress.

If Mills and the SunCell are not appealing, this article on the development of an artificial leaf at Harvard is interesting. Perhaps they would like to incorporate a startup based on their research.
    https://www.technologyreview.c…p-for-an-artificial-leaf/

I would really like to see LENR work as much as anyone, but more than that I would just like to see a breakthrough of some kind. It may not come from LENR.