What does all the personal attacks bring to the table? How does either side of the 'advocates either for or against' think this type of discussion accomplish?
I really want to know. I have been honest when I have been asked a question. I would respect an honest answer.
Rigel I understand your frustrationa and been wondering the same since Matts blog explosion. It is impossible to know for sure, but you may try some scenarios and see how well it fits into pattern. Consider the following:
1) Litigation is closing fast, so not much can be done. Darden/IH Et.al. has around Jun 12 to respond on Rossis Claims https://www.pacermonitor.com/p…ossi_et_al_v_Darden_et_al
2) Deawy Weaver is person who lost real dollars if IH/Rossi contract gets invalidated. His frustration is somewhat understandable. He might lose more if Rossi is entitled to additional 89m$ (by IH bankruptcy vs. continuing some viable business with Brillouin energy tech.).
3) Since contract has big probability to get invalidated they lose huge potential to future income.
4) Rossi (and maybe LENR) needs to get discredited to avoid 89m$ payment (I don't quite understand this logic, but maybe it is just tiny part of discrediting ERV).
5) Sifferkoll might have invested in Swedish LENR licensee Hydrofusion (not confirmed), so he then would have something. like LENR research disappearance, to protect as well.
6) Mr Weaver, even he is shareholder and somewhat friend of Mr Darder from IH, he is not official spokesperson as he confirmed. IH can, and IMO will decline all Mr Weaver has said here. They have said only 'could not substantiate'. Everything else here is Mr Weavers and his soul mates speculation.
7) If someone would want to discredit Rossi and LENR, then one way to do that is to fill forums with FUD and all kind of discredit. Then it would be difficult for any newcomer or truth seeker get big picture without going through hundreds and hundreds of messages mixed with mud (That would help somewhat on F&P -89 replay.). If you scroll back, every time something crucial points were asked, campaign of laughter and all kind of non fact based mud slinging was initiated. Mr Clarkes posts are question on its own in this matter, I cannot judge, but I'm happy that Matts has asked real professionals to evaluate his pretty serious claims of band emissivity and all.
Mr Weaver has never answered direct factual questions, but either thrown unrelated mud, or at best given indirect hint which all can be denied in court.
9) There are few other users participating to this smudge campaign, you find them easily, since their posts typically comes in pairs with Mr Weavers posts and typically have no relevance on actual topic.
10) More and more people today seems to remain childish very late or even throughout the adult life, and latest postings here shows also behavior typical in kindergarten and teenager age. When one person is throwing low punch, that drags others to post all kinds of dismissive and bullying texts and gifs with lots of smileys attached - with no substance on topic at all.
With all this we can ask ourselves:
- IH people, Mr Darden, Cherokee partners their lawyers and people in Apco must be totally aware of this Mr Weaver and his buddies 'campaign' here in forums, but have not called him to back up. If they really would be planning to continue with LENR/Rossi/Brillouin, would you accept them as business partner or home heater vendor after this kind of business behavior, or buy cheap Chinese copy from e-bay instead. If they are planning to discredit LENR totally (F&P -89 replay), then they have no reason to tone down Mr Weaver, who seems to be very bully here (implying that he knows for sure he have full freedom to continue his activities here)
- If IH would target on keeping their contract (=and license) valid with Rossi, I think Mr Weaver and his possible associates would have been called back very quickly. Othervise you would have to think that all mentioned parties in that side would be total business tasus, and even I have lots of personal experience to that direction, I wouldn't believe them to be such dummies. (Also 'Dragons nest' tv-series gives some perspective)
- What on earth bashing of steam dryness of Rossis 2011 demo has to do with current E-cat technology? It had poor controllability and low temperature at that time, but demo (or even scam) served purpose of scaring competition away, because Rossi seemed to be ahead of MFMP kind of low COP (pt wire) tests. So this is also part of 'Discredit Rossi' campaign instead of planning to continue with him. Interesting exception is that recently Mr Weaver hinted that this will never go into court? (So pay Rossi something, since continuing with him doesn't look very easy option. Then discredit him totally to stop him fooling other investors)
- One indication of 'campaign' is that Playground thread has not too much been used for this smudging, but it has been important to confuse all real threads.
- Of course there is more unrealistic scenarios, like since Mr Weaver only learned about troubles very late (my estimation around end March -16), he could have been totally pissed off to Mr Darden who has known, but kept secret, about dispute much longer. Because of that he might be lonely rider with few other disappointed investors here.
- At least hese fits to filtered big picture of all postings I have read (and it's alot). You may ask how about IH still wanting to continue contract with Rossi and E-cats. Why on earth they let all this mudsling spin freely here then. Their reputation is highly on stake on that case.
- Finally you may ask what if 'they could not substantiate' really means that Rossi is a scammer and one year test report is screwed by ERV (Mr Penon) and Rossi? That is possible, he could have escaped with his already received 10m$ and end of story (as IH might have predicted). Other explanation would be that Rossi thought that since wording of the contract was written in a way that it is roughly enough to run one year test with both accepted ERV proving COP > 2 or >5 for full 89m$, he would be winning in court, unless IH can prove the fraud occurring. In that case for IH it would be enough to prove fraud with evidence and this whole smudge and smear has not much meaning, and in that case supports 'Weaver being just pissed of lonely rider' -theory.
So in summary. With patience pick your scenario and evaluate it against events occurring or seek for better ones. This flood of 'stuff' here is not going to stop any time soon, and for history-, and other books of sake I hope moderators keep at least Playground -thread wide open to all comments.
Meanwhile we can skip reading pure smudge posts and wait for June. It is very close anyway, and soon we can watch starting of next episode in this saga.
PS. And to your original question my quote is "People, shit and everything between should be treated with respect they deserves". It works pretty well in life in general (with few exceptions).