IH Fanboy Member
  • Member since May 23rd 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by IH Fanboy

Your comments are just not true.

Well, how offensive. I think my comments are well-reasoned, thank you very much.

Are you saying that working products that are widely distributed around the world, with independent reports generated by many different people and organizations showing that the devices work as claimed, would not provide the much-needed finality in this whole affair?

You might have your way of arriving at the same conclusion, but I think that my suggested way is not only better, but certainly the truth.

Rossi was hawking a contract he wanted that is against all normal principles of inventor/VC practice

On balance, the agreement is favorable to IH. My guess is that IH probably did most of the hawking.

, because it front-loaded all the money based on the results of one test and that test was not one providing useful information.

If you had been offered hundreds of millions of dollars for transfer of ownership of all e-Cat technology by a U.S. government agency (read An Impossible Invention), and therefore knew the magnitude of interest surrounding your invention, would you settle with IH for a drawn-out royalty based on unit sales of something with a high-risk profile of ever reaching the marketplace? I think I would front load any agreement myself, had I been in Rossi's shoes. Nothing too extraordinary about that. Also, lump sum payments are quite common in licensing deals.

Thus proof of concept and COP could be got from a much shorter test, without a customer. Reliability could be got from a different type of test and would need to include operation without a person sitting in a container 24/7 during the test.

I'm pretty sure IH had the negotiating power to get this had they wanted it. Why they didn't is interesting to ponder. But Rossi should not be blamed for IH's lapse.

As Eric says, you can draw your own conclusions as to what this means, but what you cannot do is represent Rossi's tests as normal and logical based on standard practice.

What you define as "standard practice" for a commercially viable LENR test with significant money on the line the likes of which has never occurred in the history of the world? It would be nice to have the general handbook for these wistful adventures, but I'm pretty sure everyone involved is forging new territory. It certainly makes for some of the best entertainment available on the Internet today.

A 1MW unit was far from necessary, and a 1kW or 100 W unit, running over a much shorter period of time, would have been easier to characterize.

You make some decent points, and while I could counter on each one, I'll just say this: The 1MW unit test was contractually required, and agreed to by IH from the get-go. That people complain about why Rossi insisted on following through on the 1MW plant test really boggles my mind.

A wrinkle here is that IH, which, at least up till recently, was the funder that would have enabled Rossi to get a product to market, seems to have insisted on rigorous testing.

And rigorous testing they got, by way of a year-long test observed closely by all parties having a stake in the matter, and by an expert referee.

Assuming Rossi makes it through the legal difficulties that will be coming up, perhaps he will find other investors that do not have such a preoccupation.

Persuading high net-worth investors to part with money is not simple. My guess is that all would be preoccupied with rigorous testing and test results. I'm not sure IH ever had it in them to manufacture anything. It appears like it was more of a speculative play on the IP, probably in the hopes of someday arranging a sublicense and taking a royalty. In fact, I think this is one of the primary friction points with Rossi. Rossi seems to have expected a large production effort from IH. Darden has apparently said "there is no production." Given that Rossi is an inventor/industrialist type, that probably rubs him the wrong way.

I don't remember the one you reference. Give a link to the report?

http://www.nyteknik.se/energi/…ces-proof-of-heat-6419717

the tests have all (to my knowledge) been designed with errors of setup or measurement that allow these positive results

No experiment or test is perfect, and every experiment and test can be attacked. So you are basically reinforcing what I said. That is why the only way to resolve this will be working products in the marketplace. This, Rossi understands.

I'm no scientist. Just a humble code-jockey. But if the output from the "reactor" went to a radiator submerged in a water bath and the temperature of that water was constantly measured. Wouldn't that solve all speculation on the validity of the experiment? And it doesn't "reveal any secrets". So why won't Rossi allow this? My only theory is: he has nothing.

A dual-circuit test was done with the e-Cat years ago, again with positive results (as they all have had). Once circuit had steam, which led to a heat exchanger, which warmed a second circuit of liquid water. The temperature of the liquid water was measured over time.

We can all hope that "THE" definitive test will prove to the world that the e-Cat works and show that Rossi has what he claims. But the reality is that every test will be attacked, every result will be attacked, and there will never be any kind of resolution using this approach. After numerous tests, all with positive results, all sharply disputed, Rossi knows very very well that the only way to move LENR+ forward is to get products into the marketplace. That is why you see his energy focused heavily on this aspect now.

Thomas,

While I agree with some of your post, these are two matters that I take issue with:

Otherwise he gives an enigmatic answer that can be interpreted as agreement without saying this, or some reason why the questioner is wrong.

That may be so, but the fact of the matter is, the unofficial IH spokespersons have been doing precisely the same. Even worse, they allow implications to ripple through the community knowing full well that an underlying misunderstanding is present. But hey, if it suits their objective, then truth be damned.

(1) The power is delivered as phase change which is difficult to quantify

Phase change of water to steam is one of the most well-understood phenomena in science. I wouldn't say that it is all that difficult to quantify.

You should also be very careful about what you divulge about others who are getting grants around France. Please use better judgement in the future.

This is an interesting statement. Why are you so concerned about the revelation of grants? If you are as pro-LENR as you seem to want to project around here, then wouldn't you want others to know of your altruistic largess? Or is it possible that you are scouring the globe looking for LENR researchers who no doubt have been starved of funding, and who would for the most part graciously accept any that they can get their hands on, only to turn on the whole LENR field and say "look, we reached out and funded many LENR researchers, only to discover that none of it works--it is all pseudoscience." I'm starting to wonder if Sifferkoll is on to something. I hope not.

Abd nails another one! Patents are filed in various forms as a hedging strategy all the time. If you're wrong or the filing doesn't pan out then it is a simple correction and / or adjustment.

It is less a matter of if you are wrong, but rather, more a matter of whether IH willfully made false representations to the USPTO. If that is what happened, it would be more than unacceptable. Just take a look at 18 USC 1001. That lays it out in pretty stark terms. There are no "simple corrections" or "simple adjustments" in patent law as you envision.

This steamy (forgive the pun) discussion seems getting nowhere. I have some questions for mr. Weaver that maybe he has already answered but have since get lost in the confusion.

You are unlikely to get any answers. I asked several times whether Dewey was claiming that the 100.1 C value that was initially trumpeted as having superlative significance in the ERV report--so much so that Jed ran with it like crazy--was a measured value. Not a peep, even though he boasted about the mileage he got from it. That lesson taught me to take everything he says with some suspicion. What he releases is usually spun like a top.

the great Wizard of Rozz pulling away from the his magic control panel and then the look in his eye when his hand was caught in the cookie jar.

It never ceases to amaze me what you folks conjure up from whole cloth. I remember very well watching this video when it was first released, and watching very carefully, and never detected the sort of "deception" that you project. You can watch Rossi's reaction and place it into a normal context. Now, if your mind is already made up that he is the wonderful wizard of Oz, then yes, I can see how you could maybe project your thoughts onto his response. Try getting your rock solid evidence to hold up in court. As if his magic control panel could instantly generate steam just at the precise moment needed. Even if he could, what is there to gain? Just make fake steam all of the time!

LENR+ is Peter Gluck's term. Perhaps it has gained wider currency now. In Peter's use of the term I think it rests on the false premises that NiH systems have proven themselves to be better, more reliable and more tractable producers of excess heat than PdD systems.

I didn't know that term came from Peter--but thanks for pointing that out! I've seen the term used widely for at least a couple of years. I think it evokes somewhat of a break from the traditional LENR community, who tend to be aging, many of whom refuse to acknowledge the potential or even reality of the NiH systems and associated experimental findings. While I have great respect for the "fathers" of LENR who risked career and reputation to pursue LENR, the Zeitgeist is shifting to LENR+. With a Venn diagram in mind, I imagine the LENR+ community as a circle within the larger circle of the LENR community. The LENR+ circle has grown considerably since Rossi. I believe it is still growing, but that could be a personal bias of mine.