IH Fanboy Member
  • Member since May 23rd 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by IH Fanboy

This is how people on Planet Rossi respond to technical discussions, such as how pumps rated at 3 gpm might produce 6 gpm.

We did not answer in silence. It was pointed out that Smith apparently didn't even read the manual, which states that the actual maximum pump rate is several times the rated output.

This is how they respond when I ask them why Rossi did not simply point to the heat exchanger and collect $89 million.

Again, we did not answer in silence here either. Rossi's position has always been that the COP can be determined despite what was behind the wall. And he is right! And for the GPT, it was the COP that mattered, not the type of heat exchanger used.

They refuse to answer the questions, or even address them.

Wrong.

They change the subject.

Wrong. If anything, we are accused of doggedly pursuing the subjects of interest here.

They talk about imaginary missing glass which magically appears when you look at the window from a different angle.

Show me one example of reflections in the two left panes of the window at issue. As you'll find out (if you take the time to investigate as did I), there aren't any (besides the single cloud/steam shot).

Or they invent some weird reason to dismiss the facts. IHFB, for example, finds what may be an inconsequential error made by Penon -- the 1.5" size of the pipe. He then ascribes this error to Murray instead of Penon; he declares it is a
    gigantic error, and he then dismisses everything Murray said because of it. In short, he points to a non-error not made by Murray as the reasonto ignore textbook physics.

It wasn't a gigantic error. It was an IH PR magnificence. Dewey said that they had taken pictures of and measured all of the pipes. They apparently knew all of that before depositing Exhibit 5 on the docket.

Perhaps Penon got the wrong pipe size. As I said, it makes no difference. 1.5", 3" or 1 foot would not matter.

Of course it makes no difference to you NOW.... now that it is know to be pure bunk. And you might remember from months ago when we were in the heated battle over this: I promised that if it turned out to really be a single DN40 exit pipe, that I would mark up Rossi and his team as totally incompetent or worse. Why did I do that? Because I have a pretty good sense for FUD and this one had all of the hallmarks.

No, it was not the most prominent reason. Not by a long shot. You have made this a fetish, but I and others hardly noticed it. There are many other reasons more compelling, such as the fact that the data is fabricated and impossible; there has to be some back pressure so the temperature of 103 deg C means there was no steam; and the flow meter was the wrong kind, incorrectly installed. There are more reasons. You will never address them, but they are there.

Data: I see little evidence that it was fabricated or impossible.

Pressure/temperature: this has been answered countless (dozens?) of times, so need to grace this one again any time soon.

Flow meter: it was calibrated by an outside professional entity at the same flow rate used in the actual plant. When that evidence was presented to Murray, he balked.

The heat exchanger is the living end. The most absurd nonsense yet. You seriously, honestly believe the heat exchanger was real, yet no one could see it, no one saw the pipes, and Rossi he casually threw away $89 million just to reuse some old pipes. He didn't even bother to take photos of the equipment. He worked overnight to hide every trace of the machine, and remove the electric wires. You're good with that, right? You really, sincerely, believe that?

The heat exchanger is your last best hope. I honestly don't know how this one will play out. But I'll be right here to dispel the FUD until the end.

You make it sound like he committed a Federal Crime for asking the size of a pipe.

Fetish, cock, out of your ever-loving mind. Your very language reveals the doubt that you harbor. And no, he didn't ask whether it was a DN40. He stated it as if it were a fact, and once having built his straw man, he proceeded to topple it. And the lenr-forum erupted in adulation.

@Alan,

No, it was more sinister than that. Murray suggested that all of the flow (i.e., 1398 kg/h) was forced through a DN40 pipe. He then went on to state that the pressure differential required to overcome losses in the pipe would preclude it (which of course was true had it really been a DN40 pipe). This was a big deal back then. It was--at the time--one of the most prominent reasons why the IH camp was calling for heads to roll. It was an IH PR masterpiece. And Jed road that one all the way to the end.

@Jed,

And yet, it appears that Smith didn't even reference the user manual of the pumps, and therefore made false assumptions. It also appeared that he included a photo of the front of the building, and drew big red arrows at everything except the most important part: the two missing panes of the window. Murray claimed a DN40 pipe in Exhibit 5, and has lost all respect from me since it was revealed as pure bunk. I'm surprised you still have respect for him given that you were hung out to dry on that one.

earn $89 million by taking people outside a building and pointing to some fans on the second floor, would you do it or not? If IHFB or Gluck come up with some preposterous excuse to say they would not, they are trolling, and not engaged in a serious discussion.

I think your persistent accusations of trolling is trolling. Once Rossi went down the JMP ruse path, it made it very difficult for him to switch things up mid-test and say "hey y'all come back here and see what we got 'cookin." The first part of the two-part blunder is that Rossi initiated the JMP ruse, probably after the disappointment with the actual Johnson Matthey. It was a fateful decision. The next part of the two-part blunder is that Darden hired the wrong experts, who understand little to nothing about LENR, and render clumsy reports. What other choice did Darden have at that point other than to believe his experts? At the point of filing the lawsuit, Rossi probably believed that JMP could escape unscathed by claiming trade secret, etc.

Thanks IHFB ... third section from left, left door of 2 makes it door #5 from the left, #4 from the right.

At any rate, I showed that nudging the street view makes reflections come and go.

No problem. The Rossi affair takes a village to decipher.

I have to respectfully disagree with you that nudging the street view shows reflections in the two left-most panes of that window. The only view that looks remotely like a reflection is the cloud/steam shot.

Wait a second.

Wong was there Feb 10 2017.

In July 2016 there is glass.

So WTF? Who cares about April?

I agree! And this is what the window looks like with glass. As you can see, there is a very stark difference. Everything that you see in 2015 suggests no glass in the left two panes of that window (except for the special cloud/steam shot).

Rossi says he was "substituting" the windows in Feb. 2017, whatever that means.

On the glass/reflections ... I have wandered up and down streetview, and seen reflections in particular windows change with angle. I am convinced that there was glass in the window on Feb 12, 2015 (Bing, 7 days before the 1MW started operations), April 2015, July 2016 and therefore most likely all the way up to Wong's Feb 10, 2017 visit when he says the panes were missing (with emergency-call workers on site!).

I come to the opposite conclusion. There is a single candidate for reflections in the two left panes of the window in question (the special cloud/steam shot). All other shots (and most especially the photo included in Smith's report) show that the two left panes in that window were missing.