Mike Wryley Member
  • Member since May 24th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Mike Wryley

Damn, you're right, it has been twenty years. Remember getting all excited when I first ran accross
    BLP, reality finally resumed, but one of my first exposures to this kind of scientific BS, and the artists of same.

Best litmus test for the current free energy perveyors is when an attempt is made to conjoin the hokum with the fraud of global warming, I.E., it will save the planet.

Anyone interested in a LENR blog with the following conditions, ??

1. pertains only to the science and technology of LENR and immediate peripheral requirements, nuts and bolts stuff
    2. all research and experimental work by members would be freely and openly disclosed and documented, complete with images of equipment,
    all magic show attempts would result in expulsion
    3. participants would offer and receive valid criticism in an adult manner, those interested in learning would be cultivated within the limits of available patience
    4. the only subject of the blog would be the work of the participants and those following that work
    5. off topic bilge on unrelated issues cause for immediate cancellation of participation

anyone wishing to participate would put up $1000, to be held in escrow, for as long as the participant remains in good standing with the blog, money returned at departure

Alan S.,
    you are responding to ?

I was responding to this, ( and attempting to support your detailed and reasoned response to Stephen)

I actually have done much hand machining and tooling and I am well versed in most major CAD apps (solidworks/mastercam is my weapon of choice), as well as a skilled welder, which is why I was so shocked at the price. I personally would consider myself moving at a snails pace if it took me a full day to create two of those tubes....3-4 hours at very most. I do appreciate you explaining the process though.

I thought this site might provide some nuts and bolts engineering/ scientific knowledge on
    do it yourself LENR. So far, slim pickins, or too often a dead end clown show.

vis a vis Rossi,,
    It's a free country, and people should be able to waste their time anyway they wish, but it is tiresome to read
    endless arguments from people don't know any facts, don't have any legal expertise, don't have any technical
    knowledge of even the most basic real world physical realities, and can't accept the fact that there is no Santa Claus.

The Rossi noise take up entirely too much space and will eventually render this blog irrelevant. One thread, "All things Rossi" is sufficient ,
    necessary, and adequate to the task

IHFB,
    PLEASE don't take this as snarky, not my intent, but after watching phenomenon like the Rossi effect over the years,
    I don't believe anything unless I see it with my own eyes and even then I'm not too sure.
    SRI also validated the guy who could bend spoons via telekinesis.

people have a bad habit of turning opinions into religion

I am new to this great forum, but have been an ardent observer of LENR/ ne cold fusion for many years. Periodic sampling of all sources of LENR "action" by an objective individual, taken over a period of even five years, would in most cases, yield progress deltas in the noise levels, and I say that as someone who believes that certain observed phenomenon prove LENR. One has to be skeptical if he is honest about the known facts.

Two things some people should keep in mind. Everything seems simple when you don't know what you're talking about, and why does there always have to be the not-quite-intellectual equivalent of a drunken brawl in some of these threads ? Needless wear and tear on my rods and cones,,

AlainCo,

interesting post,, with regard to the comment regarding risk, rather depends on whose money you are using,

LENR still has some mythical aspects to it. Do you remember when satellite tv first arrived in the 70s??
    All of a sudden, everyone and his brother was building C band satellite systems and everything to support that technology.
    All kinds of clever ideas were developed by what was essentially a cottage industry. If the essence of the LENR effect is ever
    defined and quantified and the public figures out how to "roll their own" LENR, you will see it used in all kinds of creative yet mediocre ways, not so much disruptive, just handy

I sold my Tesla stock, the car business will not end well for mr musk

Argon, you probably know this,
    at the rush of being pedantic

while certaing static components in a jet engine hot section are often sprayed with ceramics,
    the hot section fans, and stators are all nickel cobalt xyz alloys with relatively low
    coefficients of expansion because they have to maintain tight tolerances from idle to full power,
    and are cooled via internal air passages
    the ceramics can't handle the mechanical loads in rotating parts I believe

LENR will have to make a quantum ( an ambiguous multiplier when you have no idea within several orders of magnitude) leap in energy density for aviation, and then you will still have to move all that heat out of one medium through an exchanger and into your working fluid. A small turboprop engine weighing 500 lbs will easily generate 1 MW for thousands of hours. A 30 megawatt peaking genset uses a core from older 737 engine and is the size of an office desk.
    Also

Complete engine on display at the SAC museum near Omaha, entire engine
    almost completely comprised of high temp stainless, and as you said essentially a ramjet
    once up to speed,

all done one without computers, CAD or models, astounding