Alan Fletcher Member
  • Member since May 27th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Alan Fletcher

I'm not postulating anything. My chatbots aren't coming up with a definitive answer to:

Can you give me a very short summary of ed storms' hydroton. Specifically, for Ni-H-H-Ni is the lenr reaction between H atoms in the chain, or between an H and a Ni?

Two say H-H, , one says unclear. one says both. eg copilot

Ni-H-H-Ni Interaction: Specifically, for the case of Ni-H-H-Ni, the LENR reaction occurs between hydrogen atoms in the chain (H-H interaction) and also between hydrogen and nickel (H-Ni interaction).

My mental Image of Storms' theories is his "hydroton" - a chain of H's anchored by a metal,
    eg Ni-H-H-H-Ni
    where oscillations in the chain bring H's close together.

I also thought this chain was between opposite walls of a crack, but recent figures show H's aligned along a trough in the metal.

Am I out of date?

chatGPT4 (with some prompting) suggests that for century-longevity a letter-sized laser B&W printer using "Data Matrix" encoding should store: about 128K bytes per sheet.

This represents about 256K of compressed ascii characters.

A typical graph with 90% white and 10% grayscale should give a 10:1 compression.

I use chatGPT4 (Pro) for code development. Nothing else comes close.

I'm still bothered by the lack of reliable search.

I have G4, Bard and Bing/Copilot.
    I like Bard's verification step. Bing is too consumer oriented.

I'm playing with perplexity.ai This has its own web search engine. The default LLM interface is pretty good. It gives you links (similar to wiki) supporting its statements.

It pre-loads a few suggested follow-up questions.

The pro version lets you select from a variety of LLM engines, including G4, Claude and Gemini Pro (and gives you more queries).

It also allows you to use DALL-E3 --- but it doesn't handle adjustments, like "the person on the right should be facing forward" Completely new picture (kind of what G3 did for code).

[ copied from an other forum ... classed as "code"

Which google translates as

Code
    Oil is the lifeblood of the planet, we need to make a model of the planet and we will get a Tarasenko generator, this energy will conquer the universe! 

Via ECW:

Cavitation and Energy Production (Reynaldo)
    https://e-catworld.com/2024/01…ergy-production-reynaldo/

links to

Welcome to MIE

and to

MIE and Desalination Technologies

https://molecularimpactenergy.com/Desalination-Tech.pdf

Molecular Impact Energy uses conventional automotive fuel injectors to accelerate

water saturated with cavitation nano-bubbles into the unique geometry of a sealed
    metallic vortex impact chamber. During the collision enormous hydraulic pressures
    collapse the bubbles within the injection volume. Cavitation bubbles have the
    remarkable ability to focus intense energy and forces during their collapse. The
    resulting heat energy contributes to the continuous creation of superheat steam inside
    the impact and expansion chambers. We are fully satisfied that our measurements
    demonstrate that the resulting heat and steam released on impact, are an energetically
    more efficient way of producing steam, compared to conventional Rankine isobaric
    cycle heating.

A very good summary presentation ... The wright brothers were crazy ... We'll stay crazy!
    But very short on details ... only that the output (steam) is hundred's of C, so can be used in turbines.
    And they are still working on the Ikaros "engineering prototype" project.
    Everything else, particularly the industrial version, is "will ......"
    Not behind schedule, which is Phase 3 2023-2024 Phase 4 2024 https://www.cleanplanet.co.jp/technology/

I'm looking at https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-50824-8.epdf - Though I understand a revision is in the works.

One grammatical change to the abstract :

Many of this research has been published formally or informally.

A grammatical change of Many to Much would (to me) imply the current author's research

I suggest

Much previous research has been published formally or informally.

or even

Much previous research on cavitation has been published formally or informally.

I'm new to this thread .... a paper in Nature!

My understanding is that the old reactors VCS-1 to 3 had COPS up to 4.26, but the high pressures (600psi) caused the tubes to collapse.

I presume that in the new tubes they intentionally kept the COP below 2 to avoid that.

In the abstract they modestly report COP > 1.05 as a success. The peak was 1.61 from two tubes.

The Ne evidence is pretty convincing.

Rossi Sez ...

2023-12-30 16:11 Harry

Hi Dr Rossi,

On reading your reply to Giuseppe, could you clarify:

Is the increase in electrical power from a solar panel supplemented by:

1. Electricity from the E-Cat in parallel to the solar panel output.

2. Light from the E-Cat shining onto the panel.

3. Both.

Thank you if you can answer.

Cheers,

Harry R

2023-12-31 04:06 Andrea Rossi

Harry:

Warm Regards,

A.R.

[ The order of demos is 2024/Q1 Useless lamp, 2024/Q1 Solar ... EV unscheduled ]

> Light from the E-Cat shining onto the panel.
    That makes a much cleaner test than hooking up to the solar system (pun intended), as long as it's driving an actual load.

Happy New Year to all.