Cipolla Member
  • Member since Jun 3rd 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Cipolla

this debate is about what I see.
    there is an excess heat starting as soon as switch on the electric heater, with a curve behaving like an electric heater, what should i say?
    frankly, or there is a measurement error or a cheating, it is really hard to believe there is a new reaction behaving exactly like an electrical heater. at least in this document.

one more note: in the experiment with COP 20 (if I remember properly), the heater values 1 and the "LENR" values 20 for the output heat.
    if I switch off the electrical heater 1, I expect the "LENR" 20 still continue producing heat, if the excess heat is starting near to room temperature and it is temperature dependent. has be done this test?

do not see why you say that. There is excess heat from the cold fusion reaction nearly the whole time. There is no sudden onset. This is what other reactions look like.

exactly it looks like that, a kind of magic :) he got a LENR starting around room temperature and behaving like a standard electrical heater, can we expect something better than this?
    i just keep smiling....

What "trigger points" do you expect? What other cold fusion data shows them? F&P triggered the effect with a heat pulse, but I do not know of others who had discrete trigger methods or points.

i expect to see a point where the power has a clear rise, this is the trigger point where the reaction start.

to me all those graphs looks like a standard electrical heater, the increment from lenr start at room temperature and continue up to the equilibrium, this is not credible.

something like this

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MizunoTsupplement.pdf

page 13, 14.
    "Temperature Distribution Study The image and graph below are from a study of the surface temperature of a reactor. The reactor is producing approximately 300 W, including ~30% excess heat. This is an approximate estimation because the reactor is in open air rather than in a calorimeter. The thermocouple is mounted on the surface at the point marked K. Some other points on the surface marked with blue dots were at a significantly higher temperature than point K. The mesh is under these points, which supports the conclusion it is the source of excess heat."

if the spring outside the cylinder is the heating resistance, the temperature matches perfectly its position more than the mesh position.

@THHuxleynew
    Mizuno Airflow Calorimetry

i think the plasma is applied only before powering the ceramic heater but it is not clear in the paper saying:

"When the temperature drops to room temperature, gas is evacuated from the furnace down to 50 Pa or less. There-after, a current with a high voltage of 500 V is supplied to the electrode on which the Pd wire is wound around the Pd rod. If discharge is difficult to start, the gas pressure is lowered to about 10 Pa and voltage is raised high. The current at that time is about several 10 mA. This discharge is continued more than several hours.Since D2gas comes out from the Pd rod and wire at the beginning of the discharge, the plasma covers the entire electrode as shown in Fig. 8. After that, when the gas is exhausted from the wire and rod, the whole inside of the reactor emits blue plasma as shown in Fig. 9.After this processing, the final step is taken. Keeping the pressure intact, electric power is supplied to the ceramic heater, and the ceramic heater temperature is raised to 700–800◦C."

i see a thermo-couple just beside the ceramic heater, are there any recorded data of the temperature?

i am on the same side of Ascoli65 for 2 reasons: one is the input data power of the active run e the other is the shape of the curves where i am not able to find a point where the "LENR" reaction start.

I can't believe that the excess energy follows a path equal to a normal electric heater, there must be a clear inflection point in the curve where the "LENR" start.
    same for the stop.

Anyone work out how the San Ace B97 fan that makes ~ 5 m/s airflow in a 65 mm tube manages 4 m/s at 1/2 power?

Didn’t think so.

working with air is not simple but more or less the air drag is going with the third power of air velocity,
    for 4 m/s --> 4^3= 64
    for 5 m/s --> 5^3= 125 that is the double, so double power to go from 4 to 5 m/s

more or less the anemometer reading should be correct.

On the other hand I agree about thermal runaway. There should absolutely be a temperature threshold beyond which the excess heating turns on and rises to its own predetermined level even if there is no change in the input power. When the threshold is passed the temperature trajectory of the reactor should display some sort of upward inflection point. Once the excess heating is turned on it should be hard to turn off unless the temperature is lowered quite a bit (i.e., hysteresis).

exactly and we cannot see on Mizuno test.