Hermes Member
  • Male
  • from Europe
  • Member since Jun 23rd 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Hermes

Imagine that you invent a device that will crash the petro-dollar, how would You play your hand?

You get your device independently validated if necessary under NDA. You take out patents. You license your technology to others and provide full disclosure of the your proprietary know how for your own benefit and the benefit to humanity.

As for petro-dollars, who cares? Justitia fiat, ruat caelum! {let right be done though the heavens may fall) But maybe if a self appointed inventor doesn't believe in his own technology, he refuses independent validation and withdraws licences before negative results can be published. The mad man parades his folly. And greedy sychophants follow in his trail. :(

It is striking to me that IH even holds out the possibility of the E-Cat IP having commercial value after such a trashing of it.

Maybe you should look at the wider picture. As an engineer, Rossi merely increased the scale of the Ni-H devices which Piantelli pioneered in the 90s. Rossi obtained Piantelli's know-how via the late Sergio Focardi. Lacking any scientific understanding of a complex phenomenon, Rossi was unable to reliably achieve excess heat. So whilst IH may believe that the Ni-H system works they don't seem to believe that Rossi's has any proprietary working know-how. Nevertheless it maybe they hope that having acquired Rossi's non working IP there maybe an sales advantage in excluding him from their exclusive territories. In the real world even rights to "trashed" IP has value because it removes commercial uncertainty.

If the E-Cat IP had any commercial value by now there would be working devices on the market. Instead we see Rossi reacquired licenses (from Prometeon, Hydro Fusion etc.). We all make our own conclusions.

I hasten to add that all this is merely speculation. I rely on public and not on insider information.

If hydrogen is not required would not this mean that theories focusing on it are either wrong or incomplete? Which theories do not rule out anomalous results with gases different than hydrogen? Or to put it differently, which theories describe special (exotic) states of matter possibly involved with LENR that are not exclusive to hydrogen and its isotopes?

Yury Bazhutov and John Fisher both propose theories where the role of deuterium is explained but is not essential.

If the Widom-Larsen model is correct and heavy electrons can form then they will be captured by other natural isotopes in addition to hydrogen (not necessarily gasses).

I'm not sure how you've derived the factor of 0.2708122

I wrote this a long time ago! But the answer is I fitted the constant using regression to the known alpha decay rates. So the formula works best for alpha decay. It underestimates the absolute rates for heavy fission.

I used the formula described in "An introduction to nuclear physics" by Cottingham & Greenwood (Cambridge University Press) p 67-69.

This statement is incorrect and based on missing transmutation knowledge

In making my comment I relied on the authors' conjecture that the underlying nuclear reaction was:-
    27Al + 14N --> 41Ca + 21.8 MeV.

However almost any other reaction creating calcium is going to produce explosive quantities of energy. Do you have any alternative proposals showing how significant calcium can be made without explosions?

I can confidently state that igniting 2 grams of Thermite produces nothing by way of Gamma/Beta emissions

If the Gromov paper is correct then fast neutrons or 3 keV Auger gammas from 41Ca (half life 102,000 years) decay might be expected. If you didn't measure anything, the explanation must be sought elsewhere. I note that the calcium reported by Gromov is very similar magnitude to the impurity levels. If there had really been an exothermic nuclear reaction producing 0.55% nuclear ashes the explosion would have been fairly catastrophic - equivalent to perhaps hundreds of kg of chemical explosives.

Alan I think Jean Paul Biberian also verified this!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

short-lived unstable decay daughters from the breakup of small amounts of U, Th, Ag, Cd and Pb

It's not clear to me why "breakup" occurs, and why the short lived unstable decay daughters do not produce gammas.

Just to add a bit more flesh the 14C conjecture, natural carbon can maintain a chain reaction with Erzions or polyneutrons. So we would have something like this:-
    X + 13C --> Xn + 12C
    Xn + 13C --> X + 14C

Obviously the chain would be easier to sustain in pure carbon rather than just bicarbonate as the 13C density is so much higher. And as a larger volume tends to trap the X particles, size matters. This does NOT match the 10-15 minute half life that Alan estimates. Something else may be going on. Worth further investigation.

arxiv.org/pdf/nucl-th/0302066.pdf
    Euclidean resonance and a new type of nuclear reactions
    Boris Ivlev

It would be more impressive if this theoretical paper had some experimental data to back it up. That data if it existed is surely known. As the author says, it should be easy to fire 200 keV protons at an actinide and measure any enhanced alpha decay. If this were a practical method for elimination of radio-active waste, it might also produce considerable nuclear heat. :)

The only example reaction given in the paper is the decay of 235U - not exactly a very intense radio-nuclide. Amongst its daughters 227Ac catches my attention with the longest half life of 21 years. Looks to me like the treatment will make such "waste" more radio-active not less!

there are persistent reports of NiH reactions. So far, this cannot be considered confirmed, there isn't a single, repeatable protocol that has been independently verified.

See http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/CammarotaGaflowcalor.pdf
    This was the first totally independent and successful verification of the Piantelli Ni/H protocol in 1997. Cammarota et al. recovered more heat in the flowing water than was used for heating eliminating any artifacts due to other heat losses.