cam Member
  • Member since Jul 2nd 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by cam

@Jed Rothwell

When you [Mary Yugo] claim we are "uncertain" of this, you are expressing your own irrationality and ignorance.

I can't find stuff like lenr, canr, cold fusion in international database; I can't find them in textbooks of Nuclear Chemistry, one of which was edited in 2013. Should I think they exist?
    You have translated T. Mizuno. Let me quote you about electrochemistry:
    In the liquid in a cell are many ions that make it an electrolyte; for example, Li Na, K ions are usually present. Usually?
    Under powerful electrolysis, these ions are galvanized onto the surface of the cathode, and it is well known that they have a a major influence on the electrolysis process. Galvanized? Major influence?
    When the metal is placed in a solution and positively charged, hydrogen H+ ions approach the metal surface. Positively or negatively charged?
    I could continue.
    If you rely on Mizuno and people like him you can collect more than thousand papers on cold fusion. A contented mind is a perpetual feast.

@Peter Ekstrom

If that is so, what is Nuclear Physics? I think Nuclear Chemistry is an historical name for what today is classified as Nuclear Physics.

Nuclear Chemistry is taught in the Universities.
    I personally like this textbook:

Karl Heinrich Lieser (Darmstadt)
    Nuclear and Radiochemistry: Fundamentals and Applications
    John Wiley & Sons 2008

There are many others textbooks; who is interested in nuclear chemistry can ask me.
    I belong some very old textbooks, which are a curiosity:

Williams
    Principles of Nuclear Chemistry
    Van Nostrand 1950

Haïssinsky, M
    La Chimie Nucléaire et ses applications
    Masson & Cie 1957

G Friedlander; J. W. Kennedy
    Chimie Nucléaire et Radiochimie
    Dunod 1960

@JedRothwell

trying to decide whether a paper has scientific merit by looking at the library you find it, rather than examining the content, is not scientific.

Again: yours is a library, things made by IAEA, BNL and others are databases.
    If you have decided to study Focardi's reaction where do you begin from? From a data base where that reaction is described by, say, thirty experts. You must begin from well-known facts to go towards the ignote. Nuclear science is typically incremental; beginning from scratch is foolish, time and money consuming.
    But the real point is that nowhere, but in your collection, you find the words lenr, canr, cold fusion (in the meaning used in this forum). You have built a personal science which doesn't extend outside dedicated forums like this one or JoNP.

Andrea.s

he is quite tolerant of Rossi's hocus pocus devices, which drain no public funds while emptying the pockets of clueless investors.

Rossi is only one of the many who try to earn the daily life trying to saddle with an invention. You must not chase anyone of them, there a plenty of them.
    He behaves responsibly and never ever has aimed at public funds.
    He looks like an eccentric and amusing guy. Let him make his life, especially if he continues to live in the USA.
    He doesn't deserve contempt. In a sense he is admirable. Nobody ha been so successful with cold fusion.

@Jed Rothwell

Cold fusion has been widely replicated. Therefore it is real.

If cold fusion had been replicated, you should find related papers and data in every database. Cold fusion, LENR, CANR are items absent in all databases. Somebody in this Forum fears that DoE has subdued IAEA. Do you also think we are assisting to a worldwide plot against cold fusion? Many followers think so. I think that you, as most followers, are aware that GANS refuses cold fusion. That's the real problem for you.

The experiment is the ONE AND ONLY THING that counts.

I agree, that's why I have queried EXFOR since the beginning of its existence.

@Jed Rothwell

... Or even this other diagram.
    Can you see now the difference between a data base and a library? Databases offer an immediate answer to whatever you are looking for; a library gives you only a title. You can only hope that the paper you are going to buy is worth.

C.I.W.Tingwell, V.Y.Hansper, S.G.Tims, A.F.Scott,
    A.J.Morton, D.G.Sargood
    The 60Ni(p,γ)61Cu and 62Ni(p,γ)63Cu Cross Sections
    Nuclear Physics, Section A; Vol.496, p.127 (1988)

@Jed Rothwell

I am talking about 1,200 of the papers in the LENR-CANR.org bibliography. They came from the library at Los Alamos.

Quite interesting. You haven't given us the link yet. I hope it is not your personal property.

In point of fact, I expect that if you look for some of these papers in your library, you will find them.

I am not interested in libraries, but only in databases. Databases give you stuff like this one referred to Focardi's reaction. Look at the time, I have just downloaded this diagram for you. It is quite easy getting useful stuff from databases... which are not libraries. You a librarian, EXFOR is a database, do you see the difference?

@Jed Rothwell

As I noted, it comes from the library at the Los Alamos National Laboratory.

Edmund Storms, I know. But:
    The Los Alamos National Laboratory has ended its efforts to collaborate with scientists at the University of Utah on cold fusion
    research, delivering a damning blow to the university's claim to have achieved fusion in a flask.

Not only Edmund Storms, but also F. Celani, INFN; V. Violante, ENEA; G. Levi, University of Bologna; Pam Mosier-Boss, SPAWAR and so on.
    Cold fusion has been pursued for many years by scientist who worked in important public institutions. That's why it so difficult to separate their cold fusion claims from the institutions they worked in. The only way is to trace them in international databases. They all are unknown characters.

@axil

IAEA is the pipit of the U.S. department of energy, who has vested interests is killing LENR.

Not only IAEA is the pipit of DoE, but also BNL. It is an international conspiracy against cold fusion.
    Look through these sites:
    Center of Nuclear Physics Data, Russian Federal Nuclear Center (VNIIEF), Sarov, Russia
    China Nuclear Data Center, Beijing, China
    Nuclear Data Centre, Obninsk, Russia
    Japan Charged Particle Nuclear Reaction Data Group, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
    Nuclear Data Bank, Issy Les-Moulineaux, France

@Eric Walker
    Sloppiness and ignorance in cold fusionists can be found everywhere.
    Tadahiko Mizuno - Nuclear Transmutation: The Reality of Cold Fusion
    Page 100
    In this case [an electrolysis] it may be possible for some of this electrons to acquire sufficient energy to tunnel into the nucleus. As a result, electron capture occurs, inside the hydrogen atom and alkaline metals atoms, the electrons combine with protons to form neutrons.

A very easy way to produce neutrons, indeed. Weak force tamed by cold fusionist T. Mizuno.
    Have you ever read Mizuno's book translated by JR? Please do, it is amusing.