user1815 Member
  • Member since Aug 6th 2016

Posts by user1815

"A magnificence"
    "A masterpiece"

Does anybody else think that when Rossi writes this he probably also kisses his fingertips like an Italian chef?

No, there are no endothermic cold fusion reaction. Endothermic chemical reactions are sometimes observed during electrochemical cold fusion experiments. These are known chemical reactions, such as the formation of Pd-D. They do not actually cool the cell; they release less heat than would be released if they did not occur. In other words, they cause a heat deficit.

Yet.... a quick search reveals there are reports of anomalous endothermic effects in the LENR field. A larger endothermic effect than chemically possible was noted here under certain circumstances:

"Anomalous Exothermic and Endothermic Data Observed by Nano-Ni-Composite Samples"
    http://vixra.org/pdf/1309.0070v1.pdf

What if this effect could be mastered, scaled up and taken advantage of for removing heat?

Are there LENR processes known to produce "excess cool" instead of "excess heat"? If people insist that the 1MW plant actually worked there's no other option left than a secret ECat prototype on the black box side which destroyed energy instead of producing it. I think this would be the only way Rossi could have got rid of all or most of the heat that was supposed to be generated.

Alan Smith,

It's not exactly a thermite reaction, but there have been reports in the scientific literature on the x-ray emission from the combustion of metallic particles in the submicrometer size. Are you willing to look into this? Several of these papers fall in the "SHS" (Self-propagating high temperature synthesis") category. Here's an example. I believe one of the authors is also known in the LENR field:

http://www.ijesi.org/papers/Vol(3)10/B03106012.pdf

"Heterogeneous Combustion Wave as an X-Ray Source"

ABSTRACT : By the example of a nanodispersed Ti-B system, it was found for the first time that a
    heterogeneous combustion wave is an X-ray source with a quantum energy of up to 30 keV. The radiation is
    generated in individual reaction centers of size 2–5 mm. Among probable causes for the effect can be extreme
    electron acceleration inside nonequilibrium electric layers formed in the heterogeneous system during high-rate
    chemical transformation.

KEYWORDS : heterogeneous combustion , self-propagating high-temperature synthesis, X-ray

Apropos: what was the avg particle size of your iron thermite powder?

What fascinates me is what is Rossi's level of self-awareness over this? Does he do it thinking this will influence others, or for his own self-gratification, or as a way - he would rationalise - of communicating - or does he suffer MPD and do this unaware of it?

I would bet he's doing it on purpose because he enjoys reading the reactions of other people from the LENR blogosphere, which he clearly closely follows.

Would Mills explain excess heat results or odd anomalies with H2+O2 recombination experiments in an inert atmosphere, or the combustion of small metal particles (as with thermite experiments) or carbon in air (as possibly with that other experiment I previously linked)? Isn't his theory mostly about hydrogen and hydrinos?

It seems to me that more generally speaking a common theme is the formation of strong chemical bonds under special conditions, which may include the presence of inert and nobel gases in the environment as Mills states, but also that it may not be just limited or related to the 2H->H2 reaction as in typical LENR experiments.

David Fojt,

You mention rare (noble) gases. I swear I recall reading very recently in a different blog about them being positively involved with heating anomalies during the recombination of small amounts oxygen and hydrogen over small metal particles, so not the typical LENR experiment.

http://link.springer.com/artic…s10450-012-9445-8#/page-1

Forgot to add this from the above link:

"The results revealed an important role of argon in increasing the intensity of atomic hydrogen-oxygen reactions to a level several times higher than the heat of water formation from molecular hydrogen and oxygen."

If hydrogen is not required would not this mean that theories focusing on it are either wrong or incomplete? Which theories do not rule out anomalous results with gases different than hydrogen? Or to put it differently, which theories describe special (exotic) states of matter possibly involved with LENR that are not exclusive to hydrogen and its isotopes?