Jami Member
  • Member since Aug 15th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Jami

Take it to the end, and let the chips fall where they may.

This, I think, is an illusion. It won't end - ever. Not in general. Not completely. Individually it's different of course. For most people it never even started. For 99% of those who took notice, it ended in 2010 or 2011 (me included). People who still believe today that Rossi has anything more than gigantic balls and/or an interesting mental defect won't be deflected by minor nuisances such as lost civil lawsuits, convictions, jail time, bad press, exposure or even a detailed confession. Rossiligion is here to stay.

Platonic ideal of heat

Oh I see. That must also be the reason why Rossi never ever showed "self sustain" in his demonstrations. It had nothing to do with safety (a non-sensical argument anyway). He constantly had to use electricity because the heat produced by the e-cat itself was the platonic variety and he needed the messy other one. Things are becoming almost axilesquely clear now.

Rossi follows the old phone sex scheme. Whatever you ask, he'll say yes. Had Frank asked whether the first application would be nuclear powered toe nail clippers, he'd probably received a similar answer. Apart from that - using the e-cat for distributed heating is an awful idea. Even in Florida it couldn't heat the small warehouse it was installed in. Hardly the right tool for heating hundreds of homes in chilly Sweden. And what happened to the secret customer with the secret, brutally endothermic process? Surely they were deeply satisfied with the e-cat's performance and expect Rossi to deliver hundreds of them. After all they've been through (swapping a happy life playing soccer in Royston for being stuck in a shitty container in Florida for a year) they surely expect not to come second to some freezing Swedes. Searching Rossilivecat for "application" is interesting, btw. Hundreds of promising possibilities that were worked on by lots of experts with secret partners and always SO close to becoming reality. At one point, Rossi even claimed he had an entire department working on nothing but figuring out new ways to use something as trivial as heat:

Andrea Rossi
    July 26th, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    Steven N Karels:
    Maybe the germ of a great idea. Today we have decided to open a new divison in our organization, with a proper responsible: ” Future Applications Division”. To study where is more convenient we put our efforts for the long term . Your comment is inspiring in this sense.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

And after three years "they" came up with "Yes".

Edit: Just for the record. The application S. Karels proposed was "naval powerplants and railroad powerplants"

Read again, axil. They charge for the meter and, on top of that, for capacity used. Capacity used is always per unit. So for example the first 400 ccf cost $1.38 per 100 ccf. If you're using more than the maximum price listed,, they're charging the maximum price but again per unit. No such thing as a water flat-rate in FL.

differentiate between statements that people put to Rossi, to which he replies, cryptically, "yes," or "no,"

Technically he does make the statements himself - either by allowing them to be asked (out of many more he probably deletes) or by asking them himself as "Jackie" or "Bob" or whatever.

I agree that the picture most likely doesn't show a truck radiator - way too big plus the connections at the sides wouldn't make any sense in a truck. Size and weight of a radiator usually don't matter that much in stationary applications. The bigger the better because you need less air flow for the same effect. With cars and trucks it is a different matter. Take the Bugatti Veyron as an example. Its engine produces up to 1,000 HP while the sum of all front surfaces of all radiators is less than a square meter. That works (sort of) because it only needs to produce that amount of power when the air flows through them is a little less than 250 mph or in much shorter bursts during acceleration.

Anyway - the point is that Rossi (or the "customer") would somehow have to get rid of 1 MW and apart from vague fantasies about hitherto unknown, highly efficient endothermic processes, large fans which can't be seen on any picture taken at the site (including at least equally large inlets for fresh air) and cooling with a high capacity stream of drinking water which then goes down the drain (wasn't there supposed to be a cost advantage for the customer?) or a weird combination of these ideas, I haven't heard anything that sounds even half-way plausible. It is one of those wonders one just has to accept when believing in Rossi, I guess.

Yes, alright - "per second". That was my first post here and this forum doesn't seem to support mathml.

"Diesel efficiency = 0.45, therefore waste heat lost = 227 kW"

Maybe for a stationary engine driving a generator or a ship engine - but not in a truck and certainly not at full load. A typical truck engine gets something like .35 at its sweet spot which is typically cruising speed which typically means a lot less than maximum power.

All losses such as in the drivetrain, friction, sound etc. ultimately end up as heat, of course, and are usually not included when specifying the power of an engine. So in the end, one has to see how much chemical energy is contained in the fuel it consumes at full load and subtract the actual work from that. Modern engines are quite efficient in burning fuel so no more than 1-5% get wasted by not being burned in the cylinders but in the exhaust system. Overall, a modern 450 HP Turbo Diesel engine will consume something on the order of 65 ml/s at full load which translates to about 2.2 MJ. Subtract the .33 MJ of power produced and there you have it. 1.9 MJ is waste heat. If we make it a 250 HP engine under full load, we end up with something producing 1 MW of waste heat (unless I made a stupid mistake somewhere, obviously).