Forty-Two Member
  • Member since Sep 10th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Forty-Two

I suspect anyone with something good cooking in their own laboratory would be very uneasy about doing a deal in Raleigh right now.

I believe anyone without having something good cooking in their own laboratory would be very uneasy about doing a deal in Raleigh right now.

I believe that IH needs to send that clear message to all copycats: If your plan is just to rip us off, we won't let you walk away with our money.

I believe if they don't send this message, then they will only see plenty tricksters knocking on their doors, but no more investors.

As expected (and mildly amusing):

Jude Rabalais
    January 20, 2017 at 6:36 AM
    Dear Dr Andrea Rossi
    Is it confirmed your demo in the next couple if months?

Andrea Rossi
    January 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM
    Jude Rabalais:
    It depends from the amount of work to make for the litigation, that in these last days has escalated enormously. The organization of a demo well done takes a lot of time and work.
    Probably we will have to delay the presentation of the QuarkX after the verdict of the litigation, that is expected by July. I matured this thought today returning from Raleigh, where work for the litigation has been made.
    The presentation of the QuarkX must be perfect and to make it perfect I have to work on it with maximum focus, that now I have not. I am under too much pressure. I must first win one battle, then make the next and the litigation is now.
    Probably we will start in March to receive visits of experts to make together with them closed doors measurements and tests.
    This is the idea I formulated today examining the situation.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

Guys,
    did anybody of you ever wonder why there is absolutely no sign that Fabiani/USQL (or Penon etc...) has invested his own money in the e-cat?

I mean, if I would be in Fabiani's shoes and have seen all those "marveluos things nobody else has seen before", I would invest every buck I have available in an e-cat distribution license (even when it's only for a small country like San Marino), or buy shares from e.g. HydroFusion, instead of paying 75k for "pinball R&D".

As you say, this was duly recorded as an official payment to Bologna University, taxed and deposited in the Uni's bank a/c. It was never touched by Levi personally but was donated to a software engineering course that he supervises. The money was to pay for 2 postgraduate students to study and develop software systems for pinball machines and pinball machine simulators. There was nothing underhand or secret about any of it, his name was mentioned as recipient since he is head of the appropriate course.

Wow, Fabiani's US QL must do very well, when he could afford a 75k donation for a software engineering course!
    Any idea how much money Fabiani makes with his pinball business?
    How many pinball machines one has to sell in order to make 75k profit?

Your suspicions of bias are unfounded.

Alan, I agree that somebody should get (temporary) banned when calling another discussion partner an "idiot".

But why is calling someone an "idiot" more offensive than the insults listed below?

"He is a douchebag, and so are you"
    "You have to be either really stupid or really malicious"
    "Miserable sob"
    "You're such a whimp"
    "Fruitcake"
    "You are a misarable piece of meat, (which is a fact)"
    "You're so full of BS"
    "Wow! What a fuddy piece of hypocrite you are"
    "You are a XXXXXXX lier"
    "Mad Defecating Pigeon"
    "You appear as somewhat schizophrenic... (and mad)"
    "Deeply unethical business persons, somewhat stupid, very angry and generally what we in Sweden call "skitstövlar" (=dirty boots, but translates better into a**holes)"

I can't recall that the guy who made all those statements (and many similiar ones) ever got banned.

Sparging in cold water…

Of course, sparging the steam in cold water and measuring the resulting temperature increase as done by this guy here...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

...would have been a very simple check whether the power from the e-cat is in the same range as claimed by Rossi.

Actually during one of the early e-cat tests the steam (or the hot water/steam mixture) from the e-cat was sparged in water:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It would have been easy for Lewan to fill the bucket with 5 Liter fresh water (20°C), and then take the time it takes till the water starts boiling (should only take about 10 to 15 minutes when the e-cat operates at 2.5 to 3 kW). - And watch Rossi during this time, so that he can't tamper the power controller!

It's a pitty that Lewan didn't do that simple exercise. - This could have ended the e-cat story already at that time.

The pressure was reported to be 0 bar. That is ridiculous and impossible. It was actually well above 1 atm, enough to ensure that the fluid was water. This eliminates most of the excess heat. The flow meter was the wrong type

So was the pressure transducer (an inapproriate model).
    The proposed pressure transducer for measuring the steam pressure (OMEGA model PX-309) is only for an operating temperature of -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F).
    http://www.omega.com/pressure/pdf/PX309.pdf

When such model is installed on a steam pipe, then the >100°C fluid temperature would sooner or later (rather sooner than later) fry the electronics inside the measurement cell.

Rends,
    you left out the "and that the dark side tries to supress it" part when you quoted me. Why?

No, I don't think that the ones who invested millions in Rossi are conspiracy theorists - why should they?

For those who paid Rossi millions and are sued now, I would have another, not too charming name - but if I write that here, then I risk 'green ink'.

But the good think is that all those who are really interested in the facts of this story can easily check the papers and the provided information and building up there own thoughts.

I did check what is available in public about the e-cat affair, and my conclusion is that one needs to be a quirky conspiracy theorist in order to believe that Rossi has what he claims to have, and that the dark side tries to supress it.

Darden apparently visited the U.S. President in January, 2012

As first noted on ecn, and then even straightened out by ecw, it was without much doubt Tom Darden III, the son of IH President Tom Darden II , who accompanied Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie during their visit of the White House.
    Thomas F. Darden III is the executive director of Brad Pitt’s Make it Right Foundation, which does philanthropic work in New Orleans (Rebuild houses after Hurricane Katrina).
    http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…barack-obama-in-jan-2012/
    No foundation to connect this visit with LENR.
    http://www.justjared.com/2012/…d-pitt-white-house-visit/

As I recall, SKINR did not even deploy radiation detection.

According to this anouncement on MFMP facebook, SKINR had superior radiation detection systems available for that experiment:
    https://www.facebook.com/Marti…ct/posts/1133691973328167

Perhaps some of that work will be presented at ICCF-20

Let's hope so.
    However, I am wondering why there is from MFMP no follow-up report of this replication attempt by SKINR, whether SKINR was able to detect the same 'Signal' or not.Bob G. was so enthusiatic about the implicatons of the GS experiment - don't you wanna know now if other, professional experimenter have seen the same 'signal'?

BTW: Did MFMP ever report about the non successfull Celani wire replication attempts by SKINR (for which MFMP/Mathieau provided some wires)?
    http://www.iccf19.com/_system/…/poster/PS19_El-Boher.pdf

Six of the eight Constantan wires used in the SKINR tests were provided by Dr. Celani and the remaining two were obtained from Mathieu Valat.
    [...]
    No excess heat was observed in running either the initial or later test protocols during ~ 200 days of testing with a calorimetric sensitivity of < 10 mW.

If it is never observed again, it will fall into obscurity as an unexplained anomaly and will have no effect on the field.

Does MFMP publish the 'null-results' from replication attempts somewhere?
    I think at the time when Bob trumpeted that 'The end of the carbon age is nigh", he also said that SKINR is prepared to run a replication of the GS 'signal' experiment.
    Where can we find the results of this replication. On any MFMP web-page?

Patient! At due time we will know what was said during the discovery hearing, as long as they don't redact everything in court doc 48.
    https://www.pacermonitor.com/p…ossi_et_al_v_Darden_et_al

TRANSCRIPT of Discovery Hearing held on 8/30/16 before Magistrate Judge John J. O'Sullivan, 1-44 pages, Court Reporter: Carl Schanzleh, 305-523-5635. Transcript may be viewed at the court public terminal or purchased by contacting the Court Reporter/Transcriber before the deadline for Release of Transcript Restriction. After that date it may be obtained through PACER. Redaction Request due 10/11/2016. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 10/20/2016. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 12/19/2016.(hh)

"First of all, there is no evidence of any Cherokee money having been invested in Industrial Heat"

Don't want to call this an evidence for an investment, however what is behind this private placement?
    (Noted by Bloomberg, Dec 31. 2013):
    http://www.cobraf.com/showimag…mmagini/R_123546037_1.jpg

BTW: In the docket there is now a another response in Opposition re43