Zeus46 Member
  • Member since Sep 22nd 2016

Posts by Zeus46

If the SKled MAXIMUM results were anywhere close to interesting I'd do a multi-zone lux/area/lumens calculation for "center/middle/border".

I refuse to waste my time by performing any kind of real calculation (or indeed watch the video… i’m only interested in the freakshow), but, the ‘maximum’ result at the edge of the circle seems roughly the same as a normal LED.

See Truths comment:

This means just 77Lumens/W like a low efficiency common LED.

Edit: Am I confusing something Truth?

Infections are not cumulative! Event one:: Either is an infection or not afterwards you start at 0 again.

This makes zero logical sense. It might be the dumbest thing I’ve read all week. Including the Rossi business.

Have you never heard of an R-number?

I changed my ways when my father died of a massive heart attack at the age of 62 which by the way was the oldest a male had lived on his side of family, his brother at 38, my grandfather at 58. My brother didn't change he died 6 years ago all from massive heart attacks. Do you care to poke some more fun asshole

I wasn’t poking fun… but if you insist, I would suggest in that its definitely in your interest to chill out a little bit.

40 years of living this lifestyle gives me the right to promote supplementation

Lots of people have been alive for the last 40 years… its hardly any kind of qualification!

Are you some kind of freakishly healthy nonagenarian? I climbed up a huge dry gorge in Sardinia with a 90 year old guy recently. Then we had a cigarette at the top. A swiss guy… oddly enough. Never mentioned the Nazis once.

Have you recovered from, or managed a serious illness in this time?

If so, presumably some drugs created by pharmaceutical companies were a major part of the treatment?

40 years of living this lifestyle gives me the right to promote supplementation rather than waiting a year for a vaccine.

Top Tip for bargain hunters….. a 40-year supply of ivermectin supplement is basically a full bucket of sheep dip.

Its right to label anti-vaxxers and pseudo-science, when that is indeed the case.

I don’t think you, or your links from what I recall, fall into those categories.

Not sure you get that label either…

I linked to it maybe once

I found three of your mentions using the search term “one percent”.

How can they be useless if they can decrease the viral load inhaled, at least to some degree?

Yes… This is the point! Hence why we should avoid doing the Nose Penis

But all this is beside the larger point - which is that there is no 37x infection reduction over a year by mask wearing in the real world.

The paper shows evidence of this. Your reply does not.

but it may have also extended the curve in time. In other words, the steepness of a curve in a 20 day interval hardly gives a proper indication of the area under the curve over the longer time frame.

But no one cares about ‘extending’ the curve! The point, as you realise, is flattening the peak…. i.e….. Stopping hospitals getting filled up by people with a mostly easily-preventable illness, in order for properly sick people to get proper help.

I find it genuinely odd that despite demonstrating a good awareness of all the issues, and basically agreeing with them IMO, you appear to have some kind of final barrier to accepting the overall narrative. Presumably this is a reflection of the political polarisation of the issue… But you’re a Canadian FFS! :) Thought you lot were a bit more British regarding this sort of US political nonsense.

Mark is saying that the CDC study, even with a 1 percent daily reduction in cases, is both questionable and still underwhelming.

Thank you Mark… For proving my assumption about your u-turn.

You used to quote this paper all the time, before your misunderstanding of it was pointed out. So now you feel it it has become ‘questionable and underwhelming’?

Have you ever heard of John Maynard Keynes’ great putdown: “When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, Sir?

It would seem that you prefer to alter which ‘facts’ you believe in, in order to maintain an idée fixe: In this case, that masks are useless. Nice work!

I suppose these are the same kind of mental gymnastics required to keep up your support of (maybe ‘hope in’) Andrea Rossi...

PS I don't know how you are going from a 1 percent daily reduction to a 3700 percent yearly reduction.

Memory failing you Mark? A touch of long covid perhaps?

By gosh you're right, it is daily. My error….

1.01^365 =~ 37.8

The Mark U's of this world are not going to wear masks regardless - and danger they pose to others is something they will brush aside as (a) everyone might as well catch COVID - it is good for them - and (b) masks don't work. Many fewer Mark U's in Japan.

I wonder about Mark U's masking efforts...

He had a habit of linking to his favourite science paper regarding the benefits of masking: probably posted it here five or six times since it was published.

He thought it showed that masks only reduce transmission by 1%, and hence there was no point in wearing them.

After it was pointed out that the reduction was 1% daily - which multiplies out to a 3700% reduction in cases annually*, I believe he started wearing a mask on every possible occasion, and extolling the benefits of mask wearing to his friends and neighbours.

Or more likely, judging by the fact he hasn't posted his formerly-favourite paper once in the intervening 6 months, he has managed to somehow rationalise away this potential U-turn, in the way only a true believer can.

What U sayin' Mark?

* approximately explaining the difference in Japanese case numbers...