sigmoidal Member
  • Member since Oct 31st 2016

Posts by sigmoidal

Breaking News: ROSSI JANUARY DEMO POSSIBLY LEAKED!

Guys, through very secret, indipendent, and nefarious channels, I have uncovered an unauthorized pre-event short video segment presaging the Rossi demonstration masterpiece , conducted by someone who possibly could be a NATO Colonel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1jtrceHeHg

Notice the spectral emissions in the 300 to 330 nm band (along with other wavelengths facilitated by spectral-band transformation tubes). Also, if you squint really hard and look VERY carefully, you can see what might be evidence of the chiral spin formation overcoming nuclear strong force, per Axil's novel hypothesis. With this evidence and insight, full replication is surely only weeks away if we start a new Rossi-friendly thread.

Can't wait for the added benefit of the full demo!

The IPCC propaganda is based on unproven models.

The models have been falsified because their assumptions were wrong.

You apparently prefer tot go with the consensus as a religion, rather than look at the actual data. See

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/01/03/2018-was-the-6th-warmest-year-in-the-past-40-y

Well, well. On this issue AA and I actually agree, and I disagree with THH (which I rarely do). The IPCC's estimate of CO2 forcing (delta T per C02 doubling), which has been estimated at 4 degrees, is almost certainly wrong, and most likely by more than double. Also, Nic Lewis' conclusions are far more convincing than the IPCC "consensus" statement, in my opinion. There's good evidence for CO2 forcing at 1.6 to 1.8, and I can provide detailed citations supporting this conclusion, as well as the gross errors promoted by the IPCC. But this is a blog about Rossi, so I digress.

Having followed the IPCC for 20 years with several neighbor/scientist/friends who work for NOAA and NCAR, and as a published analytical scientist myself, it is my conclusion that the IPCC's horribly flawed and highly political conclusions are a text book case of an abominable abuse of so-called science. (Which has some sliver of relevance to the Rossi discussion, perhaps).

You said the output power measurement was wrong. It wasn't. You were wrong.

I noted the problem with the input power measurement the day after the demo, noting that the missing measurement was easy to do and any customer would make it..

It is you who is being dense.

Since you have a real problem with facts:

Fact: I never said the ouput power measurement was "wrong".

Fact: You cannot show that I did say that the output power measurement was "wrong".

Fact: We do not know and cannot know if the output water calorimetry was done properly from the demo, because Rossi did not allow anyone to independently verify that.

Fact: It is not a "fact", as you mistakenly assert, that the "QX was measured properly with water calorimetry". This is merely your speculation.

Fact: Whether or not the output power measurement was done properly is irrelevant to whether the QX or SX works, because there was no proper measurement of input power.

Fact: You often make declarative statements that the SX works while elsewhere stating that you do not know if it works or not.

Fact: Rossi has a history of intentional deception. One obvious example is when via email he bragged to IH about his "masterpiece" in deceiving Hydrofusion (Rossi vs Darden).

Fact: If you qualified your declarative statements with "if proven" or "if true" (etc.) your statements would be far more credible.

Fact: When you get your facts straight, then you will no longer be babbling.

(I'm not holding my breath on that happening, however).

Good grief. Look at the video of the demo and tell me what was wrong about the OUTPUT measurement.

Surely you cannot be this dense. There was no proper INPUT measurement demonstrated, merely Rossisays.

Therefore your statement that the "QX was properly measured" is not a "fact" but is actually factually incorrect, and it's material to even your own statements that Rossi's demo was not proof that the QX works. If the INPUT had been properly measured, you would surely be making the point that Rossi's QX was objectively shown to be working.

And furthermore, we don't (and can't) know that the OUTPUT was properly measured by water calorimetry, because Rossi did not allow any independent verification.

Are you now changing your position to be that Rossi's QX demo objectively showed that the QX worked?

The fact remains the heat output of the QX was measured properly by water calorimetry and I expect the heat output of the SK to be clear too.

This is not a "fact". There is no evidence to support that the "QX was measured properly by water calorimetry" at all, other than Rossisays.

It's absurd babbling mis-statements like this in addition to your refusal to engage the mountains of evidence of Rossi's ignorance and intentional deceptions that annihilate your credibility.

Maybe try looking in the mirror before emitting more fact-void pablum and baseless insults.

LDM you have this exactly backward, and the criticism of 3-fold power error is both repeatable and verifiable, and stands as a highly likely explanation of bogus COP calculation. Also, the the inadequate and contradictory defense provided in the link you gave demonstrates ignorance by the author of this defense.

First, your argument that "the body surface temperature of the E-Cat would be much higher" makes no sense whatsoever. The point is that with a reversed clamp, the input power would be underestimated by 1/3. This is not related to any argument about the output power measured by the Optris, and trying to state that some different ouput would be expected indicates your confusion on this. A mistaken estimate of input power is independent of the observed output power. This input power error does directly impact the estimated COP, however, based on the incorrect assumption of what the input power was as measured by the PCE830. The statement made in the link that you provided, that the clamp "would measure the current negatively" is not a relevant answer. A device using a clamp cannot "know" what position the clamp is placed in. Current direction is relative to the detector (clamp) orientation. This is obvious from both a theoretical and empirical standpoint, but if you have any doubts, here is a video demonstrating the exact power error measured empirically with an PCE-830:

PCE-830 Clamp Reversal Effect on Estimated Power

In addition, the defense provided in the link you provided has nothing to do with a system "put in overload" nor is the fact that the "wave is perfectly described by the instrument" at all relevant to the criticism. So this indicates that the author of the statement either does not understand the clamp reversal problem or chose to answer it with an irrelevant response:

for this reason , as surely have understood the experts and the reviewers to whom the Professors have given the report before the publication, the photo shows the wave also when the system has been put in overload; you can understand it from the acronym “OL” that you can read on the display, while the wave is perfectly described by the instrument.

That Rossi did not understand basic AC current is obvious from his many ignorant statements. And as I have shown in a previous post, a person not understanding 3-phase power measurement and applying clamps randomly will, on average, have a 75% chance of applying the clamps in a way that underestimates power by 1/3 (also, there are only two possibilities - correct measurement 25% of the time and 1/3 75% of the time).

(BTW, I am an electrical engineer, but it does not take much expertise to understand the basis for this error.)

Rossi has provided abundant evidence of fraudulent behavior. Along with many others, I have carefully presented evidence, mostly from the court case with IH in this thread and others on this website. The examples are too numerous for me to repeat or list now. You can investigate yourself using searches on this site and others. But here are a few examples:

1) Several individuals testified that Rossi never produced any oil from Petroldragon, despite his claims otherwise.

2) The thermoelectric devices he submitted to the Army in his contract claiming to have 10X efficiency over any previous devices: a) did not work, and b) were later identified to be surplus off-the-shelf devices sold by a company in San Diego.

3) The 10KW E-Cat has a litany of fraudulent evidence compiled and documented by Steven Krivit. The video of tiny amounts of steam coming out of a hose from a "10 KW" device (when not going into a hole in the wall), is widely available on the internet.

4) The claims of production production E-Cat units and a robotic manufacturing line in 2011-2012 were recently just re-posted on this thread.

5) The IH contract provided boatloads of evidence of Rossi fraud - a few notable items from that: a) claiming that Johnson-Mathey was a "secret customer" who urgently needed heat in their factory as a way to get the so called 1MW E-Cat moved to Florida - when Rossi made this claim to IH there was no customer other than his own company he created called J M Products, he had not yet even signed a lease on the building he later set up as con, complete with plywood "curtain" to obscure his makeshift heat exchanger put in a shipping container, IH testified that an uncharged reactor produced the same heat as a charged reactor, and Rossi himself claimed in an email that he intentionally lied to Hydro Fusion in order to get out of an exclusive contract he claimed he had with them.

6) In Sweden, he gets his buddy Fabiani to stand in front of the camera he is aware of while lifting the cover of his device and switching on his device (but not in front of another camera he was not aware of - providing video now available to the public).

The fact that Rossi has not been convicted of criminal fraud (for anything other than tax evasion) by a fallible judicial process does not negate the evidence that Rossi is a lying, fraudulent con man.

This is especially relevant to AA's claims that demos are "evidence" that Rossi has an over-unity device, though he admits there is only "a little" evidence that the SK device is over-unity. AA does not claim that Rossi has proof, only evidence. Conversely, I am stating that there is consistent and abundant evidence that Rossi is a lying, fraudulent con man, independent of any particular legal status.

Well it is my birthday: I am 85 today. Macula degeneration is making it increasingly difficult to read, but I hope to follow the SK story for another six months.

Merry Christmas and a happy commercial LENR New Year to all.

Happy birthday Adrian! And Merry Christmas to you.

I hope you have many fulfilling years to come.

You don't think demos provide evidence? LOL

I think we can all agree that Rossi's demos provide evidence.

When closely scrutinized, Rossi's demos have consistently provided evidence that he is a lying fraudulent con man, including Petroldragon, thermo-electric devices, and several iterations of E-Cats.

It seems that your inability to see Rossi's obvious fraud goes much deeper than mere macular degeneration.

Based on past evidence, there is strong reason to suspect that Rossi's January demo will be another "masterpiece" of Rossi fraud.

Given Rossi's legacy of fraudulent demos, what evidence can you provide that his next demo will not be another hoax?

Show me an actual Rossi quote where he has ever said he has has a working robotic factor....You have no evidence that is a lie.

Andrea Rossi March 23, 2012 at 8:13 PM: "The robotized line to produce the E-Cats is already in production"

Rossi in 2011.. "we already got industrial manufacturing underway and the e-cat is a ready product for the market"

Adrian Ashfield comment in 2012: "To do anything with UL you have to have the final working prototype for them to test. So either Rossi does have something or it would be proof of lying."

What little evidence there is suggests that the SK exists and works.

Versus the mountain of evidence that Rossi is simply a liar, based on your own criteria, but also on court documents, Rossi's own testimony, absurd and self-contradictory "performance data", etc.

Dec 21, 2018: These days it is always good for a laugh to see the babblers wallowing around in their sea of erroneous facts.

@Adrian Ashfield We "babblers" have facts, but they don't count because you've declared them to be erroneous (without basis or explanation). And we're "babblers", because you said we are, which also impeaches our credibility.

Have I got your reasoning correct?

(Just checking to make sure I've accurately estimated the depth of your argument)

OK AA, let me try to help you parse this post by Rossi to twist it into your predetermined conclusion that Rossi is not a liar.

1- the robotized line to produce the E-Cats is already in production

Even though Rossi claimed that he had a final production-ready product in 2011, a robotized line in production in 2012 AND a product undergoing certification in 2012, and even though AA commented at the time that not having said product would be evidence that Rossi is a liar, AA can counter by babbling in his snarky way that making this observation merely points out the "extreme ignorance of engineering and manufacturing" of the observer. Then follow with "It would never occur to you [walllowing ignoramous] that the facts on the ground might change his plans." See? Simple. So there.

2- the programs of the robots will be adjusted as soon as we will have the requirements from the certificators

Here we have even more support for the "change of plans" meme. Because Rossi, the engineering genius (who has stated unequivocally to the Florida Board of Professional Engineers that he is not an engineer, has never done any engineering personally, and has never offered any engineering services), will simply "adjust the programs of the robots" to accommodate any certificator-induced change requirements (in the robotic line that AA insists Rossi never said existed).

3- we already got the green light from all the competent Authorities, so far the certifications are in course.

This one is easy. Although Rossi already had the green light from all the "competent Authorities", this leaves room for the possibility that Rossi did NOT have the green light from the incompetent Authorities. Thus, it was most likely that the reason there never was any production E-Cat product, nor any evidence of any robotized line or factory or certificates, or certificate applications, despite Rossi's claim that he had a production-ready product, factory, and robotic line, this seeming contradiction can be explained by the possibility that Rossi got the red light from "incompetent Authorities". Since we have no evidence to deny that incompetent Authorities prevented Rossi from producing his product and also may be responsible for causing the factory and it's robotized line to disappear, we cannot be certain that Rossi was lying.

I'm finally starting to see AA's perspective. And if you don't think this is a reasonable explanation, you're all a bunch of babblers. So there.

The babblers ... are certain that it doesn't even exist based on non existent evidence.

Precisely! Rossi has for years shown "non-existent" evidence that he has anything that has ever worked according to his fantastical claims, be it energy from waste, thermoelectric devices, or any excess heat producing technology.

AA, let it be said that you are a man of great faith. (Misplaced, in my opinion, but great nonetheless). Great faith based on non-existent evidence.

But I think thou doth babble too much.

AA: "Show me an actual Rossi quote where he has ever said he has has a working robotic factory. "

He almost had his two robotic factories working six years ago, but he was too busy working with the 'Certificators' to get the software working...

April 14th, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    Dear Frank Acland:

We have already made all the engineering of the production line in the two factories we set up (one in the USA, one in Europe) and we will have just to set up the software of the robots and fix the drawings after the requirements of the Certificators. I think that it will take from 6 to 12 months afer the certifications will be done to start the production.

Warm Regards,
    A.R.

April 14th, 2012 at 3:50 AM
    Dear Daniele Poponi,
    I agree with you.
    The certification process is going on. By the way, yesterday I spent all the day with the certification engineers and we made substantial progress. In this very moment I am working at my desk to make the paper work they asked me yesterday. It will take all today (Saturday) and tomorrow (Sunday), just to give you an idea of our endeavours on this issue.

Warm Regards,
    A.R.

AA, as a reminder for you, at the time your comment on this "Certificator" post by Rossi, made six years ago:

AA: "To do anything with UL you have to have the final working prototype for them to test. So either he does have something or it would be proof of lying. I think he has something."

Yes, you did believe he had something and apparently still do not think this is "proof of lying", but that Rossi was/is telling the truth. After all these years, and all those Rossi lies, no product, no factory, no robots. Amazing faith!

Babble on, AA, your tower to energy heaven is almost ready to be robotically built by the great and powerful Roz (if you could just get those robots to all understand the same language).

Hopefully we have a clear ending to all this. I would hate for him to have taken us on this 7 year , and counting, roller coaster ride, and then just leave us hanging as he quietly slips away.

The worst possible outcome for Rossi would be for there to be a "clear ending to all this". To me, Rossi's most impressive skill, and I say this will all sincerity, is to spin a story of ambiguity that captures his audiences attention. He has developed the ability to surf the very edge of uncertainty for over a decade, and he has no intention of stopping now. It's literally defined his identity, the master of plausible deniability surfing. So he will do everything possible to tickle the imaginations of some enough to keep the show rolling. Almost like a Buck Rogers Serial. Rossi seems to have learned to live by the phrase, "Always keep them wanting for more" (Attributed to P. T. Barnum, though this is disupted).

If he has any say in the matter, he will not allow for a clear ending to any of this.

@Director

Well, obviously I disagree. Given the overwhelming evidence that Rossi is a fraud and a con man, from Petroldragon, thermo-electric fraud, full expose of his shoddy stagecraft in both NC and FL, pure Ni62 "ash", fake Doral customer, fake "chief of engineering", fake performance report (Penon), non-existent "certifications" (except one meaningless one), non-existent robotic factories, undefined "5 sigma", fake engineering degree, fake "Journal" website, upon threat of inspection by FL nuclear regulators Rossi instantly pivots 180 degrees and states that there is no radiation (even though his demo stagecraft had lead shielding), numbingly ignorant understanding of basic physics and AC electricity, it's beyond me how reasonably knowledgeable and intelligent people can't see the obvious: that he is a full-blown fraudulent huckster. How much more blatant fraudulent evidence do observers need?

It seems to me that if Rossi announced and confessed to the whole world that he is and always has been a fraudulent con man, there would be a contingent here that was sure this was all just part of Rossi's plan to hide his miraculous pink unicorn perpetual motion machine magic heatilator.

The problem is that such a fantastic demonstration would inspire other companies to replicate on their own and steal his technology.

Rossi, as is his genius, has already solved the problem of preventing other companies from "stealing his technology".

Cleverly, he has preempted would-be intellectual property thieves by having no actual intellectual property or technology of any kind, other than his various electric tea kettle stage props.

This masterpiece of airtight IP protection strategy is but one example of why Il Dottore considers himself to be Nobel prize-worthy.

Bruce__H Rossi was in Europe for surgery starting June sometime. But I think you should get out a little more.;)

Yes, he was in Europe then. And remarkably, all those "convinced" sock puppets, er, I mean, "people" on the East Coast went to Europe with Rossi to be in solidarity with hiim, and then returned back to the US as soon as returned to Miami.

Now that's devotion! (Or just pathetic).

Adrian, Paul Agabi wants to send you 50% of $15.5 Million Dollars from Nigeria!

If you don't respond, you may live to regret walking away from $$$millions, just like Dewey.

... there has been a professional troll hunt for Russ ever since he threw some dust into the ocean and made the salmon come back.

Not to get too off topic, but for those unfamiliar, George's iron sulfate "dust" and resulting salmon harvest in British Columbia is a fascinating story in and of itself. Definitely worth reading up on if readers have the time. And I would say that story provides context for why Russ might reasonably respond in "crusty" ways to critics at times, and also provides insight into his pursuit and creative application of scientific knowledge.

I'm glad you two have teamed up, wish you both the best, and look forward to your reports on what you've learned.