sigmoidal Member
  • Member since Oct 31st 2016

Posts by sigmoidal

Quote from Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax: “Okay, so you know the Patent Office rules better than the Patent Office knows them”

You clearly do not know or understand the rules. You also claimed that the USPTO "told" you. Then you attack me for pointing out…

IHFB, I hope you find this comment constructive:
    1) You mis-attributed your quote - Jed, not Abd (how does one even do that)? Can you correct it to reduce confusion? [EDIT: Now fixed by IHFB. Thanks!]
    2) Your comment seems so irrelevant and cynical. Pot -> Kettle?
    3) Is there some experience that you have filing patents that is relevant to the discussion that you'd like to share?

Quote from sigmoidal: “IH FB:
    FWIW, the patent office didn't just tell Jed that, it turns out they told the whole world:”

Jed claimed that the USPTO told him that the patent would be invalid. That is what I'm saying is incorrect. Failing to name…

Is this really an issue you think is relevant, or are you just being cynical? In other words, is this an example of "Constructive Comments Appreciated"?

Jed replied briefly, pointing out that the USPTO is the source of needing to include all co-inventors. It's a 'style of speech'. Are you interested in pointing out minutia in Jed's speech style, or do you concede the point Jed brought up, relevant-to-Rossi's patent comment, that the USPTO generally requires all co-inventors to apply for a patent (or presumably the application will be rejected or nullified)?

Just trying to get clarification regarding constructive comments.

(Thanks Abd, block quotes seem to be working!)

IH Fanboy wrote:
    "And how did they go about telling you this?"

IH FB:
    FWIW, the patent office didn't just tell Jed that, it turns out they told the whole world:
    https://www.uspto.gov/web/offi…ep/consolidated_rules.pdf

Excerpt:
    § 1.45 Joint inventors.
    (a) Joint inventors must apply for a patent jointly and each must make the required oath or declaration:neither of them alone, nor less than the entire number, can apply for a patent for an invention invented by them jointly, except as provided in §1.47.

(Note: para 1.47 requires that the applicant provide documented evidence that a co-inventor refused to participate in the application or that reasonable attempts failed when contacting the missing co-inventor)
    (apologies regarding formatting - I can't seem to get the block-quotes to work)