agroszek Member
  • Female
  • from London, UK
  • Member since Nov 8th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by agroszek

A pavillion sounds like an interesting project but all I can suggest is some solar PV on the roof. I've no experience of heat pumps big enough for a public building but perhaps that's an option.. GSHP with the loops under the tennis courts? Perhaps it could be insulated to Passive house standards, bit of solar gain and it might not need heating?

Perhaps look at renting out space in the cat park for an EV charger or two? Not sure if that feasible.

Yes I will definitely try to incorporate solar panels with the pavilion, but as the courts would be outdoor most of the year we wouldn't need heating for them. I'll ask the sports centre about EV chargers as well, thank you for the advice!

I would like to have a chat - if you go to our website http://www.hydrogenmine.com you will see my phone number there. It might also be of interest that our neighbours at the lab are beginning the commercial roll-out of a pretty revolutionary kind of LED lighting and site-power system that they say is way more economical than anything else - ever. You should maybe visit and talk to them as well.

Hi Alan,

That would be great! I would love to visit, though I'll probably start crying as soon as I walk into your laboratory with memories! I'll definitely be in touch

Also Cydonia , there's a scientist in Poland who can explain much more about my father's work than me, Erwin Lalik, who is also on this forum I believe, unfortunately I am not a chemist, though maybe one day will undertake further studies in that direction..

Firstly, Alan yes I have ready about your work as I came across the financial times article on cold fusion that led me to it! Is the hydrogenmine a collaboration between you and Atom Ecology?

Or are they two separate projects? It all sounds exciting! What do you mean by cogeneration? I was thinking Willesden might be useful for aluminium provision, as there's the cargiant headquarters nearby. The site is part of Willesden Sports Centre, which has a floodlit athletics track as well (see images attached). It's not too far from where Microscal used to be, where my father had his laboratory.. Cydonia yes that was A.J Groszek.

I am in discussions with Brent council about various sites so potentially there could be an alternative. What exactly would be useful for you? A laboratory space or somewhere to set up a local power supply? The courts would be outdoor floodlit so electricity generation would be needed. I'd like a retractable roof too but I'm not sure if that could go through planning. We're looking to make the surface from recycled waste with Nikegrind, space heating may be needed for a small pavillion as well.

We (as in either the sports centre or myself and my business partner) need to apply for a development loan, however with innovative energy involved there may be more options open to us as well.

Curbina I will look into your links as well, thank you.

Hi,

I started a thread on this topic a few years back, and I just wanted to see if there are energy solutions here that could be ready to be tested in a small new build pavillion project within a year or two. I'm currently starting work on a site in Willesden, NW London to develop tennis courts and a public pavillion.

many thanks!

Alex

Sure, the idea came as I would like to have a water treatment and desalination facility on site, which would in turn allow for irrigation and land regeneration, as well as providing a water source for the area.

However those would be at the bottom, and on top only a natural hot spring pool. But I thought I could recycle the water from the pool by filtering it, so the water would need to come back down from the top of the slope. So this is why I thought, since the water will be travelling up and down anyway for irrigation and pool water recycling I thought it can be used for energy. But if a suncell would suffice then no need! Here are some drawings with my rough layout, I'm not sure how much you'll see! the site is huge, 1km by 1km approx, and the top of the volcano is 450m above sea level.

I just found this system being used on another volcanic island called El Hierro, which combines water and wind power.

Could this work on the Lipari site if the wind turbines were replaced with the Suncell or an LENR device?

I now have site plans and sections to scale, and am developing a strategy.

I've attach some images of concepts that have started forming in my work. Right now they are not tied functionally to anything, they are just a response to the landscape, and to the energy of a cold fusion reaction.

I've started with Lipari for now, this may change over the week still.

I'm also trying to figure what I would design on Lipari, I thought of a school of stone masonry using pomice, to keep craft and culture alive in the region, also a power generation facility, a landscape regeneration programme, an lenr research laboratory, and sports facilities. Maybe not altogether!

I asked about the best site for Mills's generators, and this was the response I received, favouring Lipari -

'We have not done too much work applying our generators into an architectural context. However it is quite different than grid infrastructure, thus I may make the suggestion to choose the abandoned pumice mine on the volcanic island (however it would not be able to withstand a volcanic eruption if that is part of your project!). I say this, as one of our biggest applications is in the mining sector, where there is a large need for distributed power generation (on-site power).

The beauty of our generators is that no grid infrastructure is required. You can simply do construction and engineering at a site, poor a pad to place our generator on, then connect it into an electrical panel to create a primary form of power. We can generate this power cheaper than anyone else in the world, while allowing no pollutants to reach our atmosphere. Our generators range from 100kW- 11MW in power. They can be ganged together to reach the 11MW total or a power plant can be developed.

Let me know if you have any more questions. If you have any engineering problems I may be able to get some of those questions answered for you as well. Good luck on your project.'

So in respect to scale, the volcano site provides the space to explore these various options. Although an urban site would be more useful for commercial application, perhaps the mine would allow for exploration of various LENR functions.

It's the forms that are possible to explore on such a site that are more interesting to me than the pumex itself as a building block, though I would be interested in using the pumice for agriculture and vegetation. Unless of course it could enhance LENR technology in its capacity to store water and hydrogen, this was the main reason I asked about it. Or if it could work as a container for cells.

Yes but Milazzo could provide a blueprint for many places, London included, I'd really like to be able to use this as a real world architectural proposition for LENR, that can be applied in an urban environment.

Lipari would be beautiful for sure, but how transferrable would it be?

Our next task is designing small scale demountable building system, such as furniture, pavillions etc, that can be used on the site of choice. I immediately thought of a power unit that could be easily replicated/demounted.
    We need to produce a model for Monday, so I will be working on this over the weekend and post my ideas.

It would be great to have any feedback and ideas for demountable small scale building units that could be relevant to this project.

Re: Site feedback - Our tutor told me that neither of the sites are suitable for developing immediate reception facilities for refugees. The focus should be more long term development and investment in culture, education, leisure, commerce etc.

He also thought Lipari would work best for an energy theme, as I mentioned. I will try decide this by tomorrow.

How do you mean?? You have to start with a dream and then find ways to make it happen! But right now there are two distinct opportunities, one to address immediate needs of shelter, education etc. and the other to provide opportunity for long term economic and/or environmental revival. Perhaps fusing both could be a solution, that would have to be wrapped attractively for tourists.

I'm not sure I understand, are you saying that it's best to concentrate on providing opportunities for investment rather than basic amenities? And that both LENR and migrants have a need for investment?

On all sites there is real potential, however the Lipari site is UNESCO heritage protected. We met with the mayor of Messina (see image), who was a very inspiring character, friends with the Dalai Lama, and aspires to bring the people of Messina together. He never mentioned refugees directly but actually talked of a population shift affecting Sicily, many of its inhabitants have left to find work abroad and immigrants are replacing them. In a way Sicily now relies on its immigrants to revive its towns. He is genuinely seeking ideas for regenerating the post industrial harbour area.

Messina, from what I have read has a history of resilience, through earthquakes and wars and there is a sense of pride people carry in this.

We also met the client looking to develop the Milazzo port, and this will be a live project, though to what degree students' designs will be used in all cases is unknown. Perhaps only for consultation, but there is still opportunity to take a concept and sell to other investors.