Posts by Roseland67

Everyone at Ecat World?

mercy,

Just how gullible are some people?

Rossi still looks real with the EcatQX.

Sam,

What exactly do you mean?

It has been over 7 years now.

Elon Musk has built entire robitized factories, multiple electric car models, global energy storage systems, recoverable rocket ships, Hyperloop transportation systems, tunnel boring machines etc.

In the same time frame, Rossi has not been able to cobble together $150 of plumbing and electrical parts into anything remotely saleable.

At some time, even the most fanatical of the Rossi zealots must realize that they were conned.

ascoli,

You can recite all of the psychological mumbo jumbo and make up all of the inane excuses to support your argument, HOWEVER,

There is simply no excuse, none,

for the failure Of the physicists to not properly measure energy in and energy out.

You walked me right into that trap! :) No, I do not blame them for being suckered by Rossi. However, I do blame them for not following good science practice after Lugano. Had they done so, they would have discovered the major flaws in their methodolgy, and saved us a lot of time worshiping a con artist. They also would have saved IH a lot of money, as it was Lugano that led them into agreeing to Doral.

As to this, I will leave it for others to answer.

Shane,

It doesn’t bother me at all that IH was conned for $10 million by Rossi, it was

100% their fault for failing to do proper due Diligence. They got what they deserved.

The professors, IF, they truly believed Rossi should’ve been defrocked for not insisting on proper energy measurements.

Update on a second dummy run with 7/30 prepared diamonds. Just over 100 hours into the hot zone and no excitement as of the 60 hour mark. The reactor was given a slow ramp up to 900C at the start, and was then cycled between 800/900C for many hours, with one run up to 1000C and then back to 800, where it has remained (unattended) for the last 40 hours approx. Going to check on it soon - no b/band in the lab for at least another 10 days so a personal visit is required. If anything interesting has/is occurring I will report later.

Thanks for the report and the effort Alan

Wow! Seems like I missed out on a lot of fun... A failed mod mutiny always makes an interesting plot... Dewey, THH with a little help from Roseland67+IO wants Alan out ... For some reason they expected to be able to influence forum politics without understanding the backend rules. Anyone watching for a while realize Alan is way senior to Eric and Shane and that ALL mods are committed to stand as one - otherwise forum founders/admins will interfere with a obvious risk of some junior mods (Eric&Shane in this case) get the boot and then the current narrative (and work) is lost ... So, obviously Dewey had to be sacrificed (although I believe he will be back since since he for some reason was not permabannad - probably because Alan is not as worried about alternate opinions as some other mods). Some members like Bruce seems to understand and tried to save Dewey, but he was already in a "temper tantrum".

Still trying to figure what triggered these activities though. It would be interesting to know since obviously a sore (Dewey/THH) spot was touched ... Any ideas?

Tony,

A thousand times NO, I never intimated, suggested or even hinted at wanting Alan out, that is your interpretation and it is flat out wrong.

As a mod, Alan is fine.

Now, to be sure, I personally would like to see Alan get off the fence, and say if he believes Rossi has developed an LENR

Energy Out > Energy In or he believes that Rossi was, and is a fraud.

But that’s just me, I’m not a politician, I’m an an engineer and call em like I see em.

So you tried to throw your weight around, and control who you want as Mod, and who not. When it backfired, you throw a temper tantrum, and walk away.

You just handed the anti-IH/pro Rossi crowd a victory. Good job.

Dewey’s company got scammed out of

$10 million dineros by an obvious con man,

I would be upset also and try to get even somehow.

Unfortunately, this forum is the path he uses. Most of his antiRossi rants I get a kick out of, sometimes he goes over the top, but, for the most part he is harmless.

Alan’s obvious Rossi lean is upsetting to Dewey, he is just gonna have to find a way to live with it though.

Bob,

Oh those "missing windows"...now that was a fun time! I think the "scratches on the floor" originated with E48...and IHFB then picked up on that? No matter, as that was funny too, whoever brought it up.

Yes, I agree IHFB was out to lunch (wrong), and irritating at times with his repetitiveness. But with what he had to work with, I think he did about as well as any Rossi fan could do to deflect attention away from Rossi, and on to IH. His strategy reminded me of that old lawyer adage: "If you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. If not, then just argue". And IHFB excelled at "just arguing".

Shane,

Again, this is not a debate, it is not religion or politics, it is science, there is an answer,

Unfortunately, Rossi has provided no evidence to back up his claims, just bits and pieces and parts of disparate data that, if believed, could lead gullible people to the conclusion that he wants them to be led to.

Smart move Adrian,

Saved yourself some $$$

See me comment to THH above. I'm tired of replying to obviously impossible conditions. You suggest UL approval. You should know that requires production items to be supplied to UL and then takes years to approve. Seeing that production samples will only be available after production, that is ridiculous.

The bet is what it is. I have tried to be fair. To me it is now obvious that the skeptics are not as certain as they claim that Rossi has nothing

Adrian,

Exactly how long have you been retired?

UL approval does not take years, in can in Fact take weeks, IF, the product is a modified version of a previously “certificated” version, which Rossi says this is?

What kind of manufacturer would

“mass produce” any kind of electrical heating pressure vessel that can reach many thousands of degrees WITHOUT getting UL approval? If he builds a million of them and they can’t get UL approval he will have to re work ALL of them, that is madness.

However, I will waive the UL approval if it is that upsetting to you, but all other parameters stay, except Alan cannot be the adjudicator, he is to close to Rossi and could not possibly be objective.

Rossi has to build a production line and sell working E-Cats with a COP >6

Rather different from you description.

I looked at page 109 and didn't see anything from you.

If you )or anyone else) have a sensible suggestion list it under the bet.

Adrian,

I don’t really care if Rossi builds a factory and has “robitized” production lines by any date etc. Under these terms he could be making electric toasters.

As I suggested before,

Rossi’s contraption, whatever it is called and wherever it is built MUST be proven to produce Energy Out > Energy In,

by your agreed to factor of 6.0 for an uninterrupted agreed to time frame, say 100 hours non stop, (I am open to discussion here though).

This is to be measured, validated and replicated by multiple trusted sources. These sources must include UL & various other US based National laboratories, that get the same results.

The results must be printed in a peer reviewed journal that is open to criticisms and, if requested due to errors found in any kind of testing/measuring protocols used,

be run again.

Well it is mid week already and so far not one skeptic has accepted the bet.

As I said, this indicates they really think there is a better than 10% chance that Rossi has something.

Adrian,

Your bet is insane,

Rossi could make Pop tarts and you would win based in your conditions.

I will accept the bet based on my previous conditions.

See page 109

Because there are unfortunately still technically blind people who ignore the revealed reality on the Doral "test" results and protocols and also find the famous Stock(h)olm "demonstration" convincing enough to believe in their hero and his industrial product before end of 2018. Only 60% to go to be there... ;-)

Zorud,

Once aging you have judged the situation correctly.

The believers will continue to believe, forever, no matter what happens.

If, in their lifetimes, Rossi produces nothing,

this will be blamed on some kind of government conspiracy, but under no conditions, under any circumstances, will any of them ever admit to the truth,

That they were lied to and they simply were to gullible to see thru the con.

Alain, the difference is the bet is on Rossi building a production line to mass produce reactors. Also, that the proof will be commercial reactors sold. It has been clear for a while, as Rossi forecast, that no experiment will convince the skeptics, only sales of working equipment.

For me, the point of the bet is to show the true feelings of the skeptics who write with such certainty that Rossi has nothing. So far it looks to me that most think there is a better than 10% chance that he does, no matter what they write.

It seems very unlikely to me that Rossi would build a production line if he were not convinced the E-Cat worked. If he does do that, much will get written about it and the answer should be clear. Time will tell.

Adrian,

I don’t really care if Rossi builds a factory and has “robitized” production lines by any date etc. Under these terms he could be making electric toasters.

As I suggested before,

Rossi’s contraption, whatever it is called and wherever it is built MUST be proven to produce Energy Out > Energy In,

by your agreed to factor of 6.0 for an uninterrupted agreed to time frame, say 100 hours non stop, (I am open to discussion here though).

This is to be measured, validated and replicated by multiple trusted sources. These sources must include UL & various other US based National laboratories, that get the same results.

The results must be printed in a peer reviewed journal that is open to criticisms and, if requested due to errors found in any kind of testing/measuring protocols used,

be run again.

You are a slow learner. I have repeated many times that I don't know. That we should wait for more evidence. Also added that I think he probably does.

A rather safer position than the skeptics, many of whom are certain that he doesn't and will look very foolish if he does.
    I'm prepared to bet at 10:1 that he does. How about you?

Sure,

Put a date on a product manufactured by Andrea Rossi that produces

Energy Out > Energy in

That can be verified by any US based national lab, I’m okay with that.

Rossi claims to have regulatory permissions for industrial versions of the E-Cat. Permission for industrial use is far easier than for domestic use. I have had to obtain permission for all sorts of equipment, including furnaces, over the years. What is you experience?

The "test" will be whether it performs to specifications. Rossi has stated the buyer gets his money back if it fails to do so.

Adrian,

And you actually believe him?

I mean you really, truly believe him?

Adrian,

Love your misguided optimism.

I predict that we will not see a Rossi

Energy Out > Energy In product in our lifetime

Should I also include fuel used driving to the lab and back again, and weigh my bowel motions? Of course not! We are interested in justone thing at the moment, does a LION fuel tube produce anomalous heat and/or radiation when compared to a control tube. All else is window dressing.

No,

You should not include your fuel used for driving or your bowel movements.

IF, the anamalous heat is very low, as many have shown, is it possible that the energy used to prepare the tube was somehow stored in the tube and is now simply being released?

IF, the anamolous heat effect only lasts a short period at low output, it must be considered.

Links to three pages of a blog do not help me understand your point. If you wish to pursue this off topic subject please give actual quotations and what you object to in them.

I am not aware of these examples. Possibly I have missed them. Please give actual examples from JoNP from, say, the last three months, so that it is possible to judge if they are sock puppets..

It seems my effort to get the subject back on track failed. No discussion on the news I listed from JoNP.

Adrian,

As an educated man, especially an engineer,

You must consider the possibility that you are wrong.

The constant “In Your Face” attitude and demanding of proof that Rossi and/or his demo/tests are fraudulent, without ever once considering the alternative is what I simply cannot understand.

This is not a high school debate class or a religion discussion, it is science, and it demands rigorous testing, replication and peer review & vetting.

If/when Rossi ever complies, you can argue

the results then, but NOT now,

because there are none.

Replication using fuel tubes prepared by LION will begin at some still uncertain date in April. Our team at LFH, and 'MagicSound' in the USA are starting tests with tubes prepared according to the LION protocol before the end of this month. I should point out that 'staring from cold' it takes 37 days to prepare the diamond elements in the fuel, and a further 2 days to assemble a fuel tube and seal it. Much of this is of course simply waiting time.

Alan,

If your preparation includes any energy use (heat, evacuation, size reduction etc),

are you keeping a log?

It should probably be included in any Grand Total Heat calculations.

That is not quite what I said, or mean't Adrian. We, the anti-Rossi brigade, have plenty of scientific, and moral *proof* to be angry, disillusioned, and repulsed by the man. It is right there in the court records for all to see. On the other hand, all that is left for his believers, is hope that the man is not quite as crooked as the record shows.

Shane,

Adrian knows exactly what you said and meant.

He has to twist, turn and pervert the meanings to fit his argument, if he doesn’t, his argument collapses and he is wrong,

and that’s is impossible, isn’t it Adrian?

Alan rushes in right on schedule as part of the R'ster's bucket brigade.

The R'ster spent years in prison for fraudulent bankruptcy, money laundering and precious metals smuggling.

There is no acquittal record for those episodes. The gap out between his TEG and CF careers contains more information for those that want to

go there. He was last nabbed coming back into his home country in the middle of the prototype / testing failures / "lab fire" episode. His metals partner was later nabbed in Miami International on an Interpol warrant and returned to Europe to face justice.

Dewey,

With all of this evidence stacked up against Rossi, how was IH so gullible as to get conned out of $10 million simolians?