Roseland67 Member
  • Member since Dec 7th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Roseland67

Nope. All heat, whether it comes from human activity, a volcano, a forest fire or the sun leaves the earth within days, most of it within hours. If the sun were to go out, the temperature on earth would fall close to absolute zero in a few months. There are heat islands in urban areas from combustion heat, but if the motors and space heaters were all turned off, the heat islands would cool down in a day or two. When the sun goes down in the Sahara desert, the temperature soon falls from 38 deg C to -4 deg C.

http://curious.astro.cornell.e…-stopped-shining-beginner

https://www.indiatimes.com/tre…ure-night-day-534888.html

Who told you that Jed? CNN?

@Jed

If you want to solve the carbon problem, solve the China problem.

Or maybe the heat problem.

"IF", tomorrow morning, all of the 120 ppm of CO2 that human activity has added to the atmosphere between 1975 and 2019, (per NASA), disappears, will there be any measurable affect on the temperature of the atmosphere?

Human activity has added more than enough heat, (between 1975 & 2019), to the atmosphere to raise the temp 1°f, and will continue to add more.

That seems dangerous. I seem to recall Mallove saying it was imminent in the 90s.

He disagreed with Harvard's stance on any sort of LENR, cold fusion research or even potential.

Mallove was genuinely upset as rigorous testing, in his view, of P&F experiments was never accomplished.

He, Mallove, was very vocal about Harvard's lack of interest and they were upset with him for being so public about it.

Year later he was found murdered in one of his rentals properties.

Interesting guy.

After listening first to ARPA-E's/DOE Scott Hsu, then later to NASA and DARPA/NAVSEA, I have to wonder if the left hand of government knows what the right hand is doing? Hsu was very cautious and careful about LENR while announcing their decision to fund...even cautioning us not to call it CF yet, while the other two were very optimistic after presenting their promising positive results. Do they even communicate?

Maybe Foyt is right.

Or, Maybe PT Barnum was right,

I hope not, but I'm just a retired engineer living on a pension, what do I know.

If everyone who got the virus showed symptoms maybe contact tracing would be worth it, but as of today, how many people are asymptomatic?

These people can travel anywhere spreading the virus and never know it. The people that get infected from these asymptomatic carriers have no idea who, when, where, or how they got infected.

The article's map has Canada in grey, as if one doesn't have to be vaccinated! It should be in red.

If anyone is planning to visit Canada by plane, good luck. It never used to be like this.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/ne…hitney-nhl-190546394.html

Mark,

Returned from NW Ontario 1st week of June, no issues crossing border either way.

Had to fill out "CanArrive" app but only a few questions for us crossing at Ft. Frances.

Overall, very simple, but we drove.

It’s like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin to rise out of the pumpkin patch on Halloween.

No matter how many years they wait, the Great Pumpkin never comes.

Sam, he ain’t coming, ever.

Rigel...intelligent minds are seeing right through Rossi's scam at this point. There was a time when many believed him, but he has now proven to be a scam-artist. Every time a question is asked about Rossi's criminal past in prison, his odd secretive ways, his rigging of tests in the past (the steam scandal is my favorite), his fake accounts he talks to himself with on his pompous blog (talk about an ego calling your blog journal of nuclear physics), the mysterious companies he has set up, the mysterious customer that moved in and moved out, outlandish answers are all Rossi supporters have to provide. Intelligent critical thinkers are no longer buying Rossi's lies and manufactured delays. To this day Rossi continues to operate in a shady secrecy.

At this point?

Mercy I was calling out Rossi and his ever evolving steaming raft of turd before I knew about this website.

I am quadruple vaccinated, wear FFP2 masks consistently, always and everywhere, avoid crowds and take vitamin C, vitamin D and ivermectin regularly. The reason is that I kind of like my brain. I don't care what others think about it, I'm not trying to convert anyone, let them do what they want, I don't begrudge them the Darwin Award.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-022-29440-z

Perfectly logical, should not be political, but “Group Think Red” does their best to make it so.

You’re not hurting anyone or their family, not taking $ out of their wallet, food off their plates etc.

I just don’t understand every right leaning person would be slightly concerned let alone insist on conferring their unasked for opinion.

This BS cannot end soon enough for me.

Double vaccinated, boosted and recently infected/recovered, feeling fine here in Chicago.

The media doing what they do best,

Twist turn and pervert bits and pieces and parts of disparate data to fit their political ideology.

Fox News and CNN are opposite sides of the same coin, the

“Blindly believe what we tell you to believe” coin, and for whatever reason, a lot of people seem to do just that.

When my father passed, we had a celebration of life for him, 200+ people showed up from all over the country.

All of the children spoke for a minute,

When it was my turn, I channeled Sir Issac Newton, told everyone that if I can be counted as being successful and able to see what some couldn’t, it’s because I was able to stand on his shoulders all of my life.

Dad was still doing calculus in his head at 89, his body was ruined, but he was still very sharp.

We engineers still have our parts to play, keep on keeping on.

Thanks Neps,

As an engineer, I have always felt somewhat inferior to the scientists at Fermi, Argonne and the U of C.

We shouldn’t, brilliant tho they may be, when we are surrounded by the tools of our trade we can be also, our tasks differ.