Roger Member
  • Member since Dec 16th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Roger

Oh come on! The internet is stuffed with fora and blogs hosting small groups of people holding wildly different views and arguing ENDLESSLY about them. Not with any hope of suasion or resolution; just because they are the sort of people who like to argue. No-one here expects their opponents to change their minds - they are here for the craic. "Worth the time " has nothing to do with it.

Yes of course it makes total sense that people with a high level of scientific education would debate daily for hours on end what they think is bogus, pathological science, hokum, woowoo etc. After all, they don't have studies to perform, we all know that Science has reached its conclusion, because what cannot be proven theoretically doesn't exist, and theoretical knowledge is complete, because stuff that would question its completion, simply doesn't exist! just look at LENR : a whooping decades-long nothingburger with an extra serving of nothing. This is not circular reasoning: ask any serious member here (that is, not one of the kookoo LENR-believers), they have thousands upon thousands of posts explaining all this. Too bad Science is over, otherwise they would put their powerful minds to further human knowledge. Alas! it has reached its end. And they're doing us all a service, spending all this time telling us that there's nothing there, otherwise people might be fooled into thinking there's something about LENR. That would be catastrophic!
    Flat Earth fora and blogs are overcrowded with high level physicists spending hours daily telling that the earth isn't flat, you are so right about that. Therefore, it is very logical that LENR-forum is also populated with high-level scientific types spending hours every day telling either that Rossi is a scammer who successfully mass-hypnotized investors and scientists over the course of 10 years, or that "LENR isn't real lol", by random Pathoskeptic Joe / Likes Received: 3240 / Posts: 2853

Amazing for me to say, but I hardly give Rossi any thought nowadays. Yes, I know there is an upcoming QX stage act that Alan, Frank and 40 others will attend ...most likely in Sweden, but that is it. He just does not interest me anymore.

Well that's really heartening, it only took you 1690 or so posts to lose interest in Rossi. Yet, you're still posting about him :/

The social engineering going on on this forum is hilarious. The most verbose of the posters repeat ad nauseam that Rossi is a scammer and that there's nothing to see so move along, and they all have 1k+ posts repeating exactly that, with the bonus option of "LENR is a giant nothingburger, it's not even worth spending time studying it".
    But it's worth spending hours daily on this very forum (and others I believe), trying to persuade others of this:?:

All the problems you listed are pathoskeptic quibbles, in the true and tried tradition of pathoskepticism, which exploits whatever uncertainty about whatever exploitable issue to cast doubt upon the general picture (80 COP in that case)

Social engineering is completely relevant to whatever has been, and is happening with "cold fusion" / LENR : we know it's real, we know labs lied about not being able to replicate P&F experiments just so they could stay in good business terms with "hot fusion" subsidizers, we know Eugene Mallove was murdered because he was irritating some people/interests, we know big industrial players are more than interested in this tech, study it and keep it hush-hush...

And we also know quite a few posters here have written thousands of posts about Rossi, who in their analysis is a master conman hypnotist, able to mentally dominate investors and scientists alike for nearly 10 years, even though dutiful citizens like Maryyugo and others have contacted congressmen, senators, cult watchlists etc to warn them about the dangers of this sorcerous scammer

From conspiracy theorist to conspiracy theorist, your theory makes no sense, while mine merely describes standard practices from industrial/financial interests when the technologies they profit upon, are threatened by a scientific breakthrough that will usher in a new paradigm and sweeping technological changes.

This won't come as a surprise to you as you're fully aware of what's going on

"(Snip endless quibbles which have been addressed hundreds of times)"

NOT addressed by the authors of the report, which is the point.

The point is: they didn't address them because they fully know what this is all about: pathoskepticism. It's not worth an answer. However, it's worth social engineering contracts, because LENR are real and very disturbing for some industrial and financial interests who really wish their implementation into public tech to go very, very slowly... skeptopathy is a very useful tool.
    Hence the thousands of posts bashing Rossi and endlessly quibbling about points easy to quibble about.

Shane said "This field is not going to break out"

There are many visitors who wing by this site.. 5 users and 114 guests right now???

Now we have 3 good papers up on this site in support of LENR as a measurable phenomenon.

But LENR is not real, just make a poll in this forum, which is the main place to talk about the cold fusion hoax, and see who thinks it is real, and who thinks it isn't.

Haven't you read THHuxley's excellent debunkings, Maryyugo's thorough analysis, Shane D. cautious approach of those phenomena who always turn out to be explainable by other things, Paradigmnoia's detailed disproval of all this hokum?

Nothing to see here, move along. Science is done by serious scientifics, who know that theory predates facts :^)

The truth is that not more than basic coursework in functional analysis at the college level is required to strongly suspect that GUT-CP is mathematical runaround. No professional credentials are required to see this. Many people do not have this basis in mathematics, so GUT-CP must seem intimidating and magical.

Where are the countless debunking blogs that would have appeared in such a case, if that's really entry-level hokum, and which could help out investors who have apparently not done their due diligence?

After noting these things and after having taken a closer look at the mathematicalese in the GUT-CP tomes sometime back, which seem together to be an act of mathematical runaround, perhaps seeking to scare away people who might be more critical, I would urge caution on anyone who might be thinking of giving these guys any more money.

I'm sure a lot of people, investors and the like, would be really interested in hearing your professional take on fundamental physics as approached by Mills, why don't you share?

It's ridiculous that Maryyugo gets upset and denies people's assertions that he doesn't read the papers he discusses, when the above posts are just the latest example in a long line of evidence that he doesn't.

Isn't it even more ridiculous that people have been answering hir for years and years?

I feel like we're the only LENR site on the Internet where both skeptics and the hard core Rossi followers feel the same way about this.

Seems you're mixing up people and their approach of LENR: "hard core" (?) Rossi followers are actually skeptical that "cold fusion" is the hoax that we've been told is a hoax for nearly 30 years now, doubting that this inventor is a criminal hyperpsychic mastermind who's been able to hypnotise for 10 years the scientists who evaluated his work IRL, and teach fellow hypnotists his craft so they get hired by universities.

What you call "skeptics" are actually a mix of social engineers spending their time trying to slow down LENR by occupying verbal space in the biggest LENR forum around, and some hardcore (this time for real) pseudo-skeptics who need to hold onto their beliefs.

Are you calling LENR Forum a "flat earth forum?"

Your position on LENR is well known to every person who ever read about "Cold Fusion" on the Internet

YOU are spending an inordinate amount of time life on what you consider flat earth theory forums and general comments

While I understand that the Maryyugo Show is a staple on any forum mentioning LENR, I wonder if giving hir constant attention is relevant to the subject clearly mentioned in the topic header, just as I wonder if it is really necessary to speak about Rossi when it seems that r, o, s, s, and i, do not spell Mizuno, and that the E-Cats and his inventor have numerous other threads where people can go on for ages about how he's a quack, a criminal against humanity and such a conman deserving no attention that some persons have to write about him daily for hours on end.

Well Siffer.

You get 100 points for stating the obvious. If you want the other 900 points to win your rubber ball maybe its a good idea to stop the discussion at this point since it won't get you nowhere...

Ah well, nowhere except being banned again.

This is unfortunately true but from time to time someone has to cut through the bullshit and remind everyone what's what, that there's conditioning going on etc

Those who are in on the gig have every reason to be concerned.

You've been repeating that for more than a year. Do you expect to deliver before the E-Cat goes commercial ? LOL

I feel sorry for the guy

I feel sorry for you. The golden goose is long gone