can Verified User
  • Member since Jan 20th 2017

Posts by can

Tim Ventura interviews Charles Buhler.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And:

- https://patents.google.com/patent/US11511891B2/en and https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2020159603A2/en

- https://www.nextbigfuture.com/…pulsion-breakthrough.html

- Slide deck here: https://docs.google.com/presen…3Mdmm3tY/edit#slide=id.p1

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(around the 1 hour mark)

What are people's opinions about this? It's not quite like the EMDrive.

The first experiments seemed rather simple (see some slides from the slide deck linked above).

I did not name the exact compound because I was curious to know more about the general effect that should be expected after H2 eventually forms H2O (gas). In any case, it was indeed a form of iron oxide held above 600 °C. Pressure decreased, but probably it was from adsorption because it not keep decreasing indefinitely.

Practical chemistry question (I wasn't sure where to post it, but it didn't deserve a dedicated thread).

Let's assume we have an enclosed chamber at room temperature (25 °C) containing some easily reducible oxide compound. The chamber is currently in a vacuum.

Next, we admit hydrogen gas to a pressure lower than the vapor pressure of water at room temperature, let's say 1 mbar. The oxide compound will be reduced by the admitted hydrogen and form water, which presumably will turn gaseous under these conditions

What happens to the gas pressure in the chamber? Will it increase, remain the same or possibly even decrease?

I knew it can be produced in good enough amounts, and finally there is evidence.

The calculation is interesting but I think there are several unexplained assumptions in that paragraph from that paper and I'm not sure if it really counts as evidence.

If enough H(0) could be accumulated on/in a suitable material as to noticeably affect its apparent density, that would be undeniable evidence of an ultra-dense material existing, though. Just enough to make the density in the order of several tens of grams/cm3 would be enough for that (let alone kilograms or 130 kg/cm3).

Alan did you already tested a liquid in the gap then a current value read or i misunderstood ?

When I made several low-effort/low-tech tests a while back, liquid(+electrolyte) or even just moisture in the gap was what made the voltage appear in my case. Thin transparent plastic wrap would make the effect entirely disappear. I concluded that I wasn't seeing a LEC effect in my case.

From the above paper it sounds as if a simple experiment giving a spontaneous signal similar to what Holmlid et al. have observed many times could be heating up to elevated temperature iron powder with slight amounts of alkaline/caustic water solution in a closed container. Perhaps if the container itself was composed of soft steel, metal powder may not even be needed.

Though, a detector similar to what has been used in his experiments will likely be needed since the signal is so tiny and that detector highly sensitive.

I just noticed this got published from Holmlid, Olofson (not the same person as Ólafsson) and Gall:

Consumption of Hydrogen by Annihilation Reactions in Ultradense Hydrogen H(0) Contributed to Form a Hot and Dry Venus

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/ast.2022.0131

Quote from Abstract

When water vapor reacts with metals at temperatures of a few hundred kelvin, free hydrogen and metal oxides are formed. Iron is a common metal giving such reactions. Iron oxide together with a small amount of alkali metal as promoter is a good catalyst for forming ultradense hydrogen H(0) from the released hydrogen. Ultradense hydrogen is the densest form of condensed matter hydrogen. It can be formed easily at low pressure and is the densest material in the Solar System. Spontaneous and induced nuclear processes in H(0) create mesons (kaons, pions) in proton annihilation reactions. It is here agreed on that the great difference in the present conditions on Venus and Earth are caused by the initial difference in the temperatures of the planets due to their different distances from the Sun. This temperature difference means that, in warmer planetary environments such as on Venus, the iron + water steam → iron oxide + hydrogen reaction proceeded easily, meaning a consumption of water to give H(0) formation and release of nuclear energy by subsequent nuclear reactions in H(0). On the slightly cooler Earth, the iron + liquid water reaction was slower, and less water formed H(0). Thus, the water consumption and the heating due to nuclear reactions was smaller on Earth. The experiments proving that the mechanisms of forming H(0) and the details of the nuclear processes have been published. The more intense particle radiation from the nuclear processes in H(0) and the lack of water probably impeded formation of complex molecules and, thus, of life on planets like Venus. These processes in H(0) may, therefore, also imply a narrower zone of life in a planetary system than believed previously.

He writes: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2021.02.221

Other forms of hydrogen H have been proposed to exist but have not been convincingly observed or deeply studied. The most discussed case may be the hydrinos proposed by R. Mills [4] with very little experimental evidence. The proposed hydrinos have no resemblance to H(0). Further, based on quantum mechanical calculations a form of picometer-sized hydrogen molecule was proposed by Mayer and Reitz [5] to exist at high pressure. These proposed molecules are similar to H(0) in some respects, and may well exist, at least transiently.

Just had now time to take a closer look, I guess Dr. Holmlid won't be happy that his replicators say the muon hypothesis is not valid, but his loss is our gain as now they provide interesting proof that Rydberg matter alone with or without laser stimulation can emit X ray radiation, where have we seen this before?

The no-muon idea has been floating around for a good while from the same authors, as far as I know.

Even in the LENR-Forum interviews from a while back Sveinn Olafsson made it clear that he wasn't convinced at all he was seeing muons.

I haven't seen this linked or discussed before:

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4427691 (preprint)

Nature of Spontaneous Signal and Detection of Radiation Emitted from Hydrogen Rydbergmatter

Sindre Zeiner-Gundersen, Sveinn Olafsson

Quote from Abstract

We report on radiation and spontaneous radiation emitted from a chamber containing a Hydrogen Rydberg Matter. The emitted isotropic radiation is generated or penetrates a 3 mm thick steel wall and several meters of air. The radiation can be detected in a simple photoelectric multiplier (PM) detector with aluminum foil covering the front end of the PM tube. The experimental setup, detector construction, detector response when the chamber is activated by gas loading, and laser excitation is reported. Gamma, X-Ray sensitivity, and pulse shape are further examined to characterize the emitted radiation. The experimental setup is a replication of the reactor and detection system setup reported by Prof. Leif Holmlid at Gothenburg University. The results presented here were recorded over the past four years, and the radiation show all indications of being x-rays and verifies some of the results published on radiation emission from Hydrogen Rydberg Matter.

They also made this test:

Is ultra dense hydrogen in solar system the neuron star? or quark star?

Holmlid suggests it's found in the core of gas giants (e.g.Jupiter, as in the paper linked above), inside stars like the sun and the solar corona, even formed from hydrogen inside the Earth, etc.

I do not think that ultra dense hydrogen exist in the metal so not related to cold fusion.

Holmlid believes it's related to cold fusion, and that it can be inside metals as well, possibly often observed simply as dissolved hydrogen. https://www.sciencedirect.com/…60319921008144?via%3Dihub :

neutron does not exist but it is a pair of proton and electron in deep orbit, so neutron star is actually proton star or quark star.

Maybe. But this isn't strictly related with Holmlid's work, so bringing it up is probably as useful as Cherepanov's suggestion that the electric charge doesn't exist.

Loosely related, from the supplementary file (appendix) here: https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-493124/v1 :

New preprint paper by Leif Holmlid:

Condensed Hydrogen Matter H(L), Metallic Hydrogen H(1) and Ultradense Hydrogen H(0) in the Solar System

Condensed Hydrogen Matter H(L), Metallic Hydrogen H(1) and Ultradense Hydrogen H(0) in the Solar System

Abstract

Ultra-dense hydrogen H(0) is the most stable form of hydrogen that exists. Its properties have been measured and reported in numerous experimental papers. Since it also is the densest material in the Solar system, it is expected that a large inner part of the giant planets is of this type of matter. The density of H(0) agrees with the density of these planets. The well-studied annihilation processes in H(0) release energy at much lower temperatures than those needed for fusion, so they can provide the heat generated in e. g. Jupiter. Since H(0) easily transforms to metallic hydrogen H(1) and superconductive H(l), the magnetic fields of the giant planets can be caused by these fluid conductive materials. The variability of the Great Red Spot on Jupiter (sometimes white, sometimes dark red) can be understood as due to variable stimulated deexcitation of rotational transitions in H(0). These transitions have been studied and resolved in the laboratory. The RF signals from Jupiter agree with rotational transitions in H(l) pairs and in planar H(l) clusters with relatively small l values. Also other bodies in the solar system, in particular asteroids and comets, are proposed to have a similar composition. The IR emission spectra of comets agree with H(l) (Holmlid, Icarus 2006). The explosive behaviour of asteroids and comet nuclei indicates that they contain H(l).

magicsound also check out this loosely related procedure from a while back:

To change to Protium I would have to move the regulator from the D bottle to the H bottle. I can do that but the mesh would have to be deeply unloaded, taking hours at high vacuum.

I was mentally picturing just swapping the gas bottle, without deeply unloading the mesh from the previously loaded deuterium. In other words, the mesh/cell would end up containing both deuterium and protium.

This point hasn't been clarified yet by me356, but it did not appear crucial for the gas to remain monoisotopic.

OK, once more into the void and back (still with Deuterium)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iComBdKU5oY

Thanks for your efforts. It might be worth also trying out loading/unloading cycles with protium as suggested, because its diffusion and solubility behavior in palladium is different than deuterium. I couldn't readily find a paper dedicated on this aspect, but this abstract mentions it: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2006.04.003

An inverse isotope effect is observed for both the solubility and the diffusivity of hydrogen in palladium, i.e., the lightest isotope has the highest solubility and lowest diffusivity.

Here's a summary graph of the final run with load/unload cycling. No excess heat or radiation above background was seen.Anything else to try before I end the test?

It might be the good opportunity to check out what happens after applying deeper (higher pressure and higher vacuum) and faster (quicker) load-unloading cycles with protium, which might be able to 'crack' the mesh more effectively. Protium should make it less of an issue to waste gas and from what has been previously reported it should show some excess heat anyway. I'm not sure what are me356's opinions on using both gases with the same mesh, though.

EDIT: I just realized me356 mentioned something very similar already:

magicsound You can increase flux by adding hydrogen as fast as possible with as high pressure as possible. This will create microcracks at the surface with the most transition metals and can also bypass oxide layer. With higher temperature material will allow faster loading.

You can do the pressure step then wait for some time then use vacuum then make another pressure step and so on. With each step there is higher chance for excess heat reaction.

You can use protium for this purpose to save Deuterium. Protium can be also loaded easier.