ZenoOfElea Member
  • Member since Jan 23rd 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by ZenoOfElea

the neo-liberal "expert" consensus has not served many people well in two ways: those at the bottom have dome worse over time, with parents seeing children have less opportunity. And the gap between those at the top and those at the bottom has increased.

Your view seems to chime with the current Internet articles based on the new book by Michael Sandel - such as this one from the Guardian.

A revolt against the tyranny of merit.

Treatment program needed for Covid patients with longer term issues

"Greater NHS support is needed for people chronically ill for months with Covid-19 symptoms, ...

Tim Spector, professor of genetic epidemiology at King's College London and leader of the Covid Symptom Study app, said around 300,000 people in the UK have reported symptoms lasting for more than a month - so called "long Covid".

He added that data from the app showed around 60,000 people have been ill for more than three months.

However, many of these people may not have been tested for Covid."

THHuxleynew

I also live in the UK so I remember when the law was changed.

I moaned about it. Overreach of authority, telling me what to do etc.

But the data has shown reduced road deaths so that argument is over and I am a good citizen who obeys the law.

However I still moan at the bloody bleeping noise in the car after I have just reversed out of the drive. Maybe the car nagging me is a step too far!

Regarding mask wearing.

I think wearing a mask should be a free decision and people should be free to choose.

If YOU don't want to wear a mask that is YOUR choice.

But if YOU want to come into MY house then I say you need a mask, or don't come into my house. Your choice

If YOU want to come into MY shop then wear a mask or go to another shop, YOU are free to choose.

If YOU want to come into MY country, then once vaccines are available I would expect either you show proof of vaccination, or self isolate for a suitable period, or do not travel to MY country, again you have a free choice.

Many countries already closed their borders to cut infection risk so this is just a continuation of that logic.

There are several articles online pointing out the similarity to when seat belts were made mandatory and some felt it interfered with their freedom to exit the vehicle via the windscreen.

Like many I am on ACE inhibitors, so I have been tracking the debate on blood pressure medications and their relationship with Covid-19.

Initially there were concerns that some blood pressure medications could make the virus infection more dangerous.

However the results seem to be mounting that in fact they have a beneficial effect.

This article is on the WebMD site.

BP Meds Could Improve Survival in Covid Patients.

I f*ing demonstrate the stability of the calorimeter at that time period at the cost of a thousand cuts.

You folks are pissing me off.

P don't get pissed off. Just ignore the gad flies.

Your input over the years is appreciated, as clearly shown by the number of "likes" you have received.

Clearly the path to understanding LENR is long and arduous.

This is one of the more productive threads on this forum, in terms of actual science and actual results.

Many, like the Rossi thread, I hardly bother to read, other than for purely entertainment.

Politifact link says "There have been five randomized controlled, placebo controlled trials that do not show any benefit to hydroxychloroquine."

PolitiFact link

So is this the decisive evidence that we need to reach a conclusion?

I am betting that the answer is no! :/

On the other hand if we take the view that politics has taken HCQ out of the reach of the public in the USA then surely we should be seeing some positive effects from HCQ in India or Brazil.

Or maybe not;

Millions of doses of HCQ sit in storage unused.

But then this second link is from CNN :thumbdown:so maybe they are lying. Who knows.

Brazil is going all in on HCQ

So for those who complain that HCQ investigation has been closed down by politicised parties, who oppose Trump, the good news (maybe) is that politicised parties who support Trump (in this case Bolsonaro) are doing the big experiment with HCQ on the population of Brazil.

BCG vaccine may be a reason for lower mortality in third world countries

Lower mortality in third world countries is a puzzle.

Dr Richard and others might say this is to be expected as they use HCQ.

Some think it might be a less lethal strain of the virus.

This paper suggests the BCG vaccine may be a part of the answer.

"One sample that stood out was Germany, which had different vaccine plans prior to the country's unification in 1990. While West Germany provided BCG vaccines to infants from 1961 to 1998, East Germany started their BCG vaccinations a decade earlier, but stopped in 1975. This means that older Germans—the population most at risk from COVID-19—in the country's eastern states would have more protection from the current pandemic than their peers in western German states. Recent data shows this to be the case: western German states have experienced mortality rates that are 2.9 times higher than those in eastern Germany."

BBC article exploring why Japan did so well with the Corona virus death rate.

Interesting article.

Japan has a lot of elderly citizens and densely packed cities along with crowded transport systems, so would seem to be set up for a disaster but (so far) not so.

Suggestion that the timing of the lock down was important and that even though it was non-enforceable most (enough) of the citizens complied.

It is proposed that if other places (UK and New York) had locked down earlier then many lives would have been saved.

In the case of USA even New York's large fatality rate has not been enough to impress the necessary actions upon other states, I guess if New York had locked down earlier then there would be even more complacency.

USA and Brazil are showing that complacency and wishful thinking and propaganda have zero effect on halting the corona virus.

PhysicsForDummies

Only things I have seen in the last few months are linked below;

An interview with James Woodward from February 2020 and a May 2020 article from Wired about Harold White and the Emdrive but also includes some material about Woodward.

James Woodward interview at Medium.com

Article about Harold White ex NASA Eagleworks lab

Personally my skepticism of the EmDrive has increased with the lack of any news or replications other than by Harold White.

Woodwards MEGA drive effect has a couple of positive replications. Tajmar was not able to replicate the effect a few years ago but Heidi Fearn has suggested that Tajmar did not follow the instructions they provided for how to handle the materials. So I feel the jury is still out and stronger evidence is required. Hopefully we will get that in the next 12 months or so.