PeterMetz Member
  • Member since Feb 7th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by PeterMetz

That's what I was thinking from the picture. So there are 2 4 lite windows to the left of the entrance and one 6 lite window over the entrance for a total of three windows on the second story. The Wong exhibit window looks like the one on the right closest to the door not above it, the one you and Rossi are calling the middle window. (The lawyers had Rossi circle the window so there will be no confusion in the trial.)

So then the Google Street View from April 2015 clearly shows that there are no fans on the lower lites of the middle window. The window is intact. Wong testified that all the lite panes were removed and that there were two fans in the lower panes (194-06, pg 102). Even the window behind the tree is partially visible and it doesn't appear to have any fans.

Am I mistaken?

Edit: Cleaned up window references.

Rossi's facility in Doral had 3 second story windows. Rossi claims to have used one of those windows with fans in the lower two lites to vent hot air out. The address of the facility is 7861 NW 46th St, Doral, FL 33166.

Wong's expert disclosure http://coldfusioncommunity.net…7/01/0233.3_Exhibit_C.pdf Exhibit A-2 shows a picture of this window. Rossi claims this is the middle window. Wong claims the picture is the window from which the hot air was vented and that in the picture it doesn't have any panes of glass in the window because it was being repaired.

Attachment 1 is a Google Street View from April 2015 of those three windows. Attachment 2 is a Google Street View from April 2015 from a different angle.

Which window do you think Exhibit A-2 from Wong's expert disclosure shows--the window behind the vegetation or the one to the right of it?

Note : I'm not saying the numbers are real. I'm just saying you can't use them to prove they are fake.

It depends on what you mean by prove. But accountants and law enforcement look at fake financial data all the time and reasonably conclude that it is fake. See also Benford's Law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benford%27s_law

No doubt Rossi had a lot of time to think about the numbers. He also had his hand on the controls (in fact the entire system) and probably could force whatever numbers he wanted. And Rossi and Penon could just sabotage or randomize some numbers and claim instrument error etc.

Well I found something I was interested in, which was the water usage by the facility. From Rick E Smith PE conclusions, page 21 of the PDF: http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0215.02_Exhibit_B.pdf

So the theory that Rossi was flushing hot water down the drain and replacing it fails on this point as well. The referenced report says the plant would need to replace water at about 4047 gallons/hour to do this.

But even 2-3 old guys can't keep a toilet running at 4.6 gallons of water per hour 24/7 so Rossi must have had quite a few leaks or something.

There is writing... It is the 2nd agreement that WAS signed by three parties. IH, Rossi and Ampenergo. It is what sets forth the payment of $89 million dollars.

Are you sure (Amendment 2)? From the exhibits it was only signed by IH and Rossi. Darden testifies that Ampenergo for some unknown reason refused to sign it. Furthermore Darden testifies that Darden told Rossi that Ampenergo refused to sign it so the GPT was off (lapsed).

Amendment 2 was strange. Nobody owns up to writing it in the depositions. Darden does not remember when or where he signed it. Nobody knows who sent it to Ampenergo. There is is no date (October <blank> 2013).

@Bob,

Thanks for the great summary. I know that some of the claims were thrown out early. Perhaps those were done on a legal basis while the GPT issue is more evidence based.

JedRothwell,

I've always been responding to Murray's statement in Exhibit 5 as has Wong. Here it is:

I'm not disputing anything you've said about LENR reactions but I fail to see how it is even relevant (or even possible to discuss since we don't have that data with regard to Rossi's reactors). Murray is talking about Penon's data. Wong is talking about Penon's data. Penon's data is over an entire day and multiple reactors. You are talking about LENR reactions. And I will repeat, I do not see any problem with Penon's data with regard to the COP changing inversely with the amount of input power for the reasons I've stated. I could be wrong but I haven't seen any convincing evidence including yours to change my mind.

I am not a lawyer either, so I am speculating here about as much as I would be on deep mathematical equations!

However I think, that you would be correct if the contract was only between Darden and Rossi, and Darden led Rossi to believe the test was the GPT, that Rossi could possibly claim estoppel. But the contract clearly states three parties are involved and that all must sign off. So I do not believe estoppel can be claimed unless both Dardin / IH AND Ampenergo were both culpable in leading Rossi to believe it was the GPT. We have seen absolute no evidence that Ampenergo did this and only interpretive evidence about Darden.

I am not a lawyer, but from what I understand, this is a show stopper for Rossi. I do not think he can claim that any impressions from Darden override the contract's explicit requirement that Ampenergo sign off as well. They did not. In reverse, since Leonardo Corp. was one of the parties to the contract, Rossi cannot simply "make it the test the GPT" without Ampenergo's sign off either. It works both ways, if I understand correctly.

To be honest I don't even understand "estoppel" other than the basic concept. The Wikipedia page is quite involved. My question is why then hasn't the courts ruled out Rossi's claim that it was the GPT? If it were so cut and dry this would have happened by now I would think. Maybe because almost $300M is riding on this and the lawyers haven't gotten their share yet?

If I reply to you with any substance it might confirm our conspiracy so I'll say nothing.

I'm not a lawyer but I was going on the understanding that estoppel would allow for the GPT under a different form and time frame despite all the issues you point out. What you say regarding contracts etc makes the most sense to me but Rossi is making the claim that it was the GPT despite the obvious contractual contradictions so maybe there is a legal basis for this?

The big problem for IH is that there is tons of written and third party evidence for estoppel and only Darden and Vaughn's word for saying they told Rossi no dice. I think they know that and that's why they're so worried.

Given I don't know the date, it may refer to the GPT as contracted or not. If this was after the GPT "expired" and the author used the term "success fee" I would think it refers to the test as the GPT since it's a fee but that connection is very tenuous IMO. Darden claims in his deposition they told Rossi on more than occasion that the GPT had lapsed but IH would pay Rossi something if he could demonstrate the GPT in some form not strictly according to the License Agreement and this could be a reference to that. Darden, I believe if my memory serves me well, claims in his deposition that IH told Rossi more than once that the GPT had lapsed, including once in a heated meeting. If there is no documents for this it would boil down to testimony by the meeting participants at the trial.

I asked to be removed from this list. Sifferkoll complied but he then said “maybe you’re only victim of FUD spread by Jed and TCHuxley…” It's his blog but I think he has issues.

I'm not sure if this is mentioned before but in Document 214 - Exhibit 23 page 8 of the document, Darden says "If Rossi is on track to earn his $89M success fee, then IH may seek up to an additional $150M as early as Q3 " in his "18 Month Business Plan", (7MB file),: http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0214.23_Exhibit_23.pdf I cannot find the date that this document was written and so it might actually refer to the GPT.

There have been a number of issues raised with the data, one of them being that the COP cannot go up if the input energy goes down. Even in the context of what Jed has said about the behavior of cold fusion systems he's familiar with, I still do not believe this is a problem per say. It's true that if there is enough issues with the data is makes no sense to draw too many conclusions from the data--garbage in, garbage out as they also say. But my arguments have been somewhat general (as has Jed's claim that for all LENR systems if energy input goes down so would COP) so I think it's still a valid point of discussion. I think looking at the data from the perspective of many reactors working together also helps in interpreting some of the daily data.

If this were real cold fusion, the reaction would probably go down with reduced input, but it might remain stable or go up. Input power has no direct or linear effect on output power in cold fusion. However, we know for sure the cold fusion heat would not instantly leap up to cover up the change in power the way Rossi claimed. That never happens.

Penon's data is bullshit from start to end. No instrument would produce those numbers. It is all made up. You cannot draw any conclusions from blatantly fake data.

There is no conflict. You missed my point, and Murray's point. (You missed his point because the lawyer would not let him finish explaining.) The point is, the "COP" would not instantly change to keep overall energy output stable. As I said, you would have difficulty keeping the balance this close even with combustion. With actual cold fusion, the ratio wanders all over the place. It is not a COP at all in the engineering sense. There is no direct connection, only second and third order connections, such as heat from input power, or hydride loading from input power.

For the sake of argument, if this is real, Rossi has discovered something completely different from cold fusion. That would violate McKubre's conservation of miracles. This new effect can be controlled with pinpoint precision in mysterious ways unlike any cold fusion experiment. It works even when the machine is turned off and disassembled! Components such as the heat exchanger pipe are invisible. It is a miracle indeed.

The COP in the report is defined generally to be Energy Output / Energy Input over the entire day for the plant. The plant consists of multiple (many) E-Cat reactors, each probably with it's own (different) performance characteristics such as energy output and COP. Even if the performance of each of these reactors might vary at any instant, it might be possible for Rossi to enable or disable various combinations over the entire day such that 1MW output is achieved. I would expect the aggregate average COP over the day to also depend on which reactors he used over which times. In fact this might also explain the anomaly I pointed out. This is perhaps why IH has been after the raw data which gives presumably a much finer time stamp and on a reactor basis for some of the data. If you start out assuming that the data is bogus there is no sense in having a discussion about the data.

JedRothwell

Thanks for your reply. My view that COP could go up in conjunction with a reduced input was more in line with the efficiency of the reaction. If you look at Penon's data the COP varies from about 50 to 140 give or take. The system is composed of multiple disparate reactors and Rossi's control system is varying the stimulus (and energy) in such a way to maximize COP. Given this (and assuming the data is correct) I don't see an inherent conflict and indeed would expect that the COP could go up if the input energy went down given the inverse relationship between COP and input energy. I don't see an inherent problem here. I think MagicSound's comment about it being a non-linear system may also apply.

That said there may be limits to how much of a change you can make to the COP given a change in input energy or other variables. I can change the MPG of my car depending on how I drive it but only up to a point. That however is a big unknown although your experience with LENR system behavior certainly holds sway. I think my analysis on day to day changes may be more interesting, but I guess not :)

I hadn't read the Wong Report (197-01, report Exhibit A-1) before and I've only skimmed it at this point. (There is just so much information there that it's taking me a while to work through it).

I did question Murray's statement that he finds that the COP goes up when the input power goes down to be problematic. I find Wong's explanation more convincing however based on the inverse relationship of Input Power to COP.

When I was looking at Penon's data via Malcom Lear's spreadsheet I did find an interesting relationship between Energy Input and Energy Output. I'm not sure if it means anything. I was looking for statistical oddities.

What I looked at was the correlation between Energy Input versus Energy Output. My hypothesis was because of the high COP, whenever we see an increase in energy input from the previous day we should see likewise a increase in energy output over the previous day and vice versa. Remember the COP is 80 and the effiiciency of the plant shouldn't vary too much from one day to the next. This is what I found:

........................I vs O................................ I vs O..................

U= Up, D= Down, E =Equal (the same). For example, UU of 57 means whenever Energy Input went up Energy Output went up (as expected) a total of 57 times. [There are two columns of data, ordered slightly different based on U/D/E but the numbers should be the same.]

Note that there doesn't seem to be a strong correlation. For example, UD when the input went up, the Output went down almost as much as they were correlated (UU) . I'm not going to hang my hat on this but I thought it was interesting and may have relevance to Wong's statement that the "output of the plant is approximately constant" given the high multiple of Input to Output. Maybe someone smarter than I can comment.

Sorry about the poor presentation. I hope it's understandable.

So IH said to investors that the Plant worked well in order to collect money and considered that the Plant was a deceit when they had to pay for it....and you find that it is a fair attitude?

SSC - Do you have the entirety of what IH said to investors?

I didn't think so. Don't make stuff up--it doesn't help your argument.

Companies, be it oil companies doing exploration in new fields or medical companies doing research on new drugs, always tout their products but also provide the usual caveats. Investors know this.

IH Fanboy

I don't see an issue with IH making statements that they are seeing positive results only to conclude that they could not validate Rossi's technology. Even the quote you provide from JT Vaughn says "until we have reviewed the data thoroughly and conducted tests using at least two thermal cameras to ensure the data is accurate." Initial results may be positive but upon further analysis or repetition they may be negative. There is no conflict here.

Also remember that many of these communications are to investors and potential investors. They are trying to indicate as positive a picture as possible. If you listen in on any CC for company you will see the exact same thing. Whenever IH claims possible positive results they always provide the usual caveats about the results.

To me what is important is that after three years they have concluded effectively that Rossi's IP as provided to them does not work and that, as you point out, Rossi has engaged in significant fraud throughout his association with IH.

And I have to say your words belie your statement that you are neutral. Case in point is you nick and the statement you just made.

The License Agreement allows for Rossi to use "commercially reasonable best efforts to cause Guaranteed Performance [GPT] to be achieved." Even if a case can be made that this was the GPT and that the Guaranteed Performance was achieved, is Rossi's 16-hour 400 day involvement during the test reasonable? I don't think so and so the test, if it indeed were the GPT, fails on this point alone.