uncertainH Member
  • Member since Jun 7th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by uncertainH

Wow, just learned that masks can reduce your chance of Covid by more than 80%!!!

So masks are better than the vaccines, guess I shouldn't have bothered to get the Vax!!

Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH on Twitter
    “Masks can help reduce your chance of #COVID19 infection by more than 80%. Masks also help protect from other illnesses like common cold and flu. Wearing a…
    twitter.com

Someone needs to fact check the CDC

Severe COVID in Adolescents and Adults is a Function of Being Overweight or Obese

I think that certain people should not be allowed into restaurants unless they have a low enough weight. Obese people are putting us all at risk !! :) We need to at weigh scales at the entrance of every indoor space.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I just came across this:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/eci.13554

Remember when they were telling us the IFR is 1%, 10X that of the flu (.1%) ? Our hospitals will be overrun !!

Turns out:

"the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15% and ~1.5-2.0 billion infections by February 2021 with substantial differences in IFR and in infection spread across continents, countries and locations."

I guess that means flu vaccine mandates are going to be around the corner because now they are almost the same ...

Where is it inconistent with what i've said?

Simple. You said:

The RCTs are negative

The link provided does not support this statement. The vast majority look positive.

You said:

one (Elgazaar) of which had so many obvious issues with its raw data it is generally considered to be fraudulent and was withdrawn. The other (Niaee) also eventually coughed up data after pressure, and the data was also found to be inconsistent.

Agreed but these are removed from this meta analysis.

and now you've said:

they are not entirely accurate, being a pro-ivermectin PR site

"Not entirely accurate" is a blanket statement you should really be specific. Which of the 66 studies are not entirely accurate and why. Or are there issues with the methodology of the meta analysis and why.

"Being a pro ivermectin PR site" is a dismissive statement based on opinion and emotion. PR for whom? Just as anti-vaxxers should not dismiss everything coming from a pharma company as pro-vax PR nor should you do the opposite. Apply the same burden of proof to things you believe in as things that you don't. If there are problems with the analysis I would sincerely like to know what they are.

The RCTs are negative, except for two big (extraordinarily poistive) ones which are very high risk of bias due to lack of transparency and clear methodology- one (Elgazaar) of which had so many obvious issues with its raw data it is generally considered to be fraudulent and was withdrawn. The other (Niaee) also eventually coughed up data after pressure, and the data was also found to be inconsistent

In reviewing that analysis I find a few discrepancies in your statement.

I see

"Version 135 - Removed Naiee"

and

"

Elgazzar.  This study was withdrawn and was removed from this analysis on the same day. There was no significant change (excluding 1 of 66 studies has very little effect, and the exclusion actually improves the treatment delay-response relationship)."

and 44 peer reviewed studies 30 positive RCT

etc etc

Best we can hope for is a drug that reduces harm a bit. Ivermectin, based on the large RCTs we know about, does not prevent harm and death, nor make a large difference to probabilities, or multiple ongoing big trials would have picked it up by now.. It might help a little bit (e.g. prevent 10% of deaths etc).

You means like these on going trials?

Ivermectin for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 63 studies
    Ivermectin for COVID-19. Early treatment - 72% improvement, p < 0.0001. All studies - 68% improvement, p < 0.0001. 1 in 1 trillion probability results of the…
    ivmmeta.com

StudiesProphylaxisEarly treatmentLate treatmentPatientsAuthors
    All studies6386% [75‑92%]66% [52‑76%]36% [21‑48%]47,461625
    Peer-reviewed4486% [74‑93%]71% [54‑82%]38% [16‑55%]17,126466
    With GMK/BBC exclusions4784% [69‑91%]73% [63‑80%]45% [22‑61%]37,558518
    Randomized Controlled Trials3084% [25‑96%]62% [43‑75%]20% [-6‑39%]6,368357
    Percentage improvement with ivermectin treatment

The full paragraph:: At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people.

This effect now is worsening:: See again :: https://assets.publishing.serv…llance-report-week-41.pdf

As mentioned:: The damaging effect of spike antibodies accumulates over time!! See table 2 page 13.

Thanks for linking that. I do see what you you mean on table 2. I also notice on table 3 and 4 on the subsequent pages that there are more emergency room admissions and more deaths among the unvaccinated, in some cases as much as 4 or 5 times. This would seem to support the narrative that the vaccines do help reduce severity and death but not so much effective with regards to case counts and transmission would it not?

You seem to really love your analogies. Eye drops for eye surgery - makes sense!, Antibiotics for infections - also logical standard practice! vaccine for surgery - illogical, irrelevant.

Canadian schools mandate vaccinations for children

Not in Canada, I don't know about the USA:

Is Immunization Mandatory in Canada? | immunizecanada

"Immunizations are not mandatory in Canada"

The numbers have gone down by a factor of 30 because your vaccination stops other people from being infected, by reducing the transmission rate.

That is still inconclusive:

Shedding of Infectious SARS-CoV-2 Despite Vaccination

Shedding of Infectious SARS-CoV-2 Despite Vaccination
    The SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant might cause high viral loads, is highly transmissible, and contains mutations that confer partial immune escape [1][1],[2][2].…
    www.medrxiv.org

Not peer reviewed yet but even in Ontario at least they recognize that the evidence is still unclear.

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/media/documents/ncov/phm/2021/06/covid-19-transmission-vaccinated-cases.pdf?sc_lang=en

"Infections in vaccinated individuals are less severe and more likely to be

asymptomatic, but the risk of onward transmission of infection from fully vaccinated individuals is unclear"

So again I say. I am pro-vax but I do not believe in making coercive, mandatory vaccination policies and infringing on peoples' rights based on unclear evidence

Your civil liberties?!? I get that you are vaccinated, but what if you were not? Are you saying people have a civil liberty to infect others when they could easily get vaccinated? Do people also have the right to fire pistols at random into crowds? Do they have the right to go into grocery stores and piss on the lettuce? Or run through red lights at 60 mph?

You talk about your civil liberties. What about mine? As the expression goes, your right to swing your fist ends at my nose. You have no right to make me sick or kill me. That is negligent homicide. If you don't want to be vaccinated, stay home.

I guess you miss my point. The vaccination status of a person is irrelevant to the "danger" they pose to others and the QR code is an invasion of privacy and a surveillance and control system that is being imposed without any scientific basis. To further your analogy I would liken the vax passport as being equivalent to allowing vaccinated individuals to drive through red lights at 60 mph or fire pistols into crowds. A two tiered society with different sets of rules for each tier.

In Canada we have an organization called the Canadian Civil Liberties Association. They have been sounding the warning bells about this as well as the blatant censorship that has been going on. I found this article to be well reasoned:

FAQ: Vaccine Passports - CCLA
    The lines are being drawn between those who support and oppose some version of a vaccine passport. At CCLA, we have flashed red and yellow lights at any effort…
    ccla.org

Happy Thanksgiving to all, from Canada.

So where is the level of risk below which you reckon individual freedom trumps public safety?

I too am from Ontario. I am double vaxxed but I will NOT be getting my QR code and will not participate in that program of coercion and surveillance. There is no science whatsoever to support a vaccine passport for "public safety". As we know the vaccinated can spread the virus just as much as the non-vaxxed so everyone is welcome to get their QR code and spread the virus to each other with the false sense of security of their passport. Never let a good crisis go to waste, it's a great opportunity to further the erosion of our civil liberties.

I started to wonder how different strains of viruses compete with each other and whether there was any truth to the statement that "the unvaccinated are a breeding ground for mutations". Sadly the opposite may be true. I sincerely hope that the mad rush to a vaccine centric solution is not making things worse.

The Need for Evolutionarily Rational Disease Interventions: Vaccination Can Select for Higher Virulence
    New evidence from studies of Marek’s disease supports evolutionary theory, which suggests that vaccination can select for increased parasite virulence.
    journals.plos.org

The Need for Evolutionarily Rational Disease Interventions: Vaccination Can Select for Higher Virulence

Abstract

There is little doubt evolution has played a major role in preventing the control of infectious disease through antibiotic and insecticide resistance, but recent theory suggests disease interventions such as vaccination may lead to evolution of more harmful parasites. A new study published in PLOS Biology by Andrew Read and colleagues shows empirically that vaccination against Marek’s disease has favored higher virulence; without intervention, the birds die too quickly for any transmission to occur, but vaccinated hosts can both stay alive longer and shed the virus. This is an elegant empirical demonstration of how evolutionary theory can predict potentially dangerous responses of infectious disease to human interventions.

Here's a little something more about light interacting with light.

"groups of three photons interacting and, in effect, sticking together to form a completely new kind of photonic matter"

"the researchers found that the bound photons actually acquired a fraction of an electron’s mass. These newly weighed-down light particles were also relatively sluggish, traveling about 100,000 times slower than normal noninteracting photons"

Here's the article:

http://news.mit.edu/2018/physi…reate-new-form-light-0215

and the corresponding paper

https://www.rle.mit.edu/eapg/w…_3_Photon_bound_state.pdf

Hello Wyttenbach,

I apologize if this has been asked before but would you be able to provide some links to one or two of your papers. I would be very curious to read them.

Thanks,

This discussion reminded me of an article by Werner Hofer I read a while ago which you can find here:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1802.00227.pdf

I revisit the Bohr-Einstein controversy of 1935. Bohr’s assertion that there are no causes in atomic
    scale systems is, as a closer analysis reveals, not in line with the Copenhagen interpretation since it
    would contain a statement about reality. What Bohr should have written is that there are no causes
    in mathematics, which is universally acknowledged. The law of causality requires physical effects
    to be due to physical causes. For this reason any theoretical model which replaces physical causes
    by mathematical objects is creationism, that is, it creates physical objects out of mathematical
    elements. I show that this is the case for most of quantum mechanics

I agree with you John. Space "remains the sole medium of reality" is an excellent qualitative way to state it but we still don't know how pair production actually works in an exact quantitative way. And yes mass is resistance to change in motion but that is a description of how mass behaves and how we measure it. Sort of like describing a car as thing that moves when you step on a pedal doesn't tell me anything about what a car is or how it works.

I have often thought that spacetime and mass are the yin-yang of energy. When it is said that a massive body conditions the surrounding space it is more likely the other way around, that the conditions of space create what we measure to be mass. In pair production mass-less energy is converted into mass and charge, likely by light being confined in a small space. It doesn't acquire mass and then start conditioning the surrounding space, it must be space itself that is modifying it own curvature in real time at the speed of light due to particular configuration of energy. It is that deeper connection between energy and the properties of spacetime that I think is missing.