Bruce__H Member
  • Member since Jul 22nd 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Bruce__H

Now what's being said is "Even big shots can make mistakes." Before it was said they were all little shots. For an inept con man, Rossi sure seemed to maneuver around plenty of big shots and little shots.

Focardi was a good researcher in his time. Levi is a little shot. Looking at his CV I don't really understand how he attained tenure and after 20 years on faculty he is still at the lowest rank of assistant professor. His research is unimpressive and he does not seem to supervise any graduate students. He has value as a teacher, but not in his own department.

Rossi is a con man, but not inept. He is good at it.

Well, there was Focardi and Celani. They had high reps in the LENR community.

There are some people in this sordid story who had strong reputations. That kinda knocks down your argument.

Even big shots can make mistakes. A good example is Focardi's inability to recognize that the steam being emitted by Rossi's Ecat was wet (i.e., containing large amounts of unevaporated water) and that the instrument being used to assess this was unsuited to the job (it could only measure evaporated moisture, not unevaporated water droplets) . That led to a huge overestimate of the amount of heat being generated.

So no ... it doesn't kinda knock down the argument.

Rossi threw Cassarino out of his life once the Doral test started. Rossi banished him from coming to visit and commanded him to not contact him ever again.

Cassarino's deposition describes at least one tour through the Doral site in the Spring of 2015. He may have been banished after that though.

In the same deposition (taken in Feb 2017) Cassarino says the last time he spoke with Rossi was after the visit but before the lawsuit was launched. In that time, though, Cassarino continued to send emails to Rossi about personal items (i.e., Cassarino's son, Christmas greetings) and Rossi responded appropriately.

With the low pressure head (less than 2 bars) the pumps could do that. See my experiments.

Alan. We disagree on the results of your experiments. It seems that in the final 4 months of the Doral test there were only 18 pumps left to handle the entire 36000 L per day. That is 83 L/hour and I don't recall you ever reaching that number.

Yes. They obviously did not feel safe about Cassarino since he was neutral. I mean they even sort of threatened to bring him into the lawsuit. I guess they thought that if they told Cassarino they were never going to pay Rossi at all regardless of success - he might have told Rossi and the game would have been over even earlier. Somehow Rossi figured out this anyway though. The important part is that IH never told Rossi - They needed Rossi to keep believing - so that he kept on working - so that they could keep using him for the marketing purposes they wanted.

So you agree that IH told Cassarino that they would make sure that even if Rossi was outside his contractual obligations they would make sure he would be well rewarded ... as long as he could show that the ECat worked?

Well, they didn't tell Rossi though. Wonder why? I believe they did offer him something (nowhere close to $89M) to stop the test and just hand over a smaller working device including all the IP... I suppose this was around the same time Rossi understood they simply wanted the IP and was never going to pay according to contract. He then went into Flintstone mode, ie first the money then the full IP...

But you were talking about Cassarino's deposition and how that revealed what IH was thinking. I recall Cassarino saying that IH told him that even though Rossi was outside the terms of his contract they would pay Rossi lots of money as long as he could prove the ECat worked. Did you see that in Cassarino's deposition?

Nope. It is obvious that they (1) considered the contract to be invalid (missing signatures, time line, six cylinder cats, etc, etc) so that they were not obliged to pay - or that it at least was negotiable, and (2) they wanted Rossi keep working to not disturb investors ("create waves" as Cassarino says), as if was going to get paid. They wanted Rossi to have that illusion. Also it looks as if (3) - they were not able to raise enough money anyways

I seem to recall from Cassarino's deposition that IH said that even though they thought Rossi was outside the terms of his contract they would make sure that Rossi was well compensated if only he could demonstrate that his technology worked. Did you not see that?

I think it unlikely you will hear a name, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if some very serious players have been by, if only for a 'lookie-loo'.

I would be hugely surprised. I noticed that during the recent presentation Rossi was surrounded by technical know-nothings. I have been assuming that this is his level now. But since you are plugged in to the LENR world, does this mean that you have heard of serious people who planning to visit to see the SK?

As a related question ... do you know of any technical person who has worked with Rossi on building the SK? He keeps talking about his "team" and I wonder of you know any who have been working on the SK project.

The spectrophotometer's taking a small (angular) sample which is then presumed (in the spherical case) to be the same in all directions.

I'm definitely not an expert either.

But how do you know how small the angle of the sample is? And without knowing how small the angle is, what good does integrating the spectrum do?

Let's suppose that this was not a spectrophotometer in use at all .... just something that measured the intensity of the light across some radiation band. That would basically give you the same information as integrating the spectrum given by a spectrophotometer. Yet you still would not be able to calculate power unless you knew what proportion of the overall energy of the SK was entering the aperture of the device.

Looks excellent but I don't think we can figure out the total power of the SK by integrating its spectrum because we don't know the solid angle that the spectrophotometer's aperture subtends.

I prepared a alternative video of Ecat plasma taken from the ECat demo video. I don't know does this prove anything to direction or another, but for me it looks like videocamera is shaking in sync with cameraman breathing. Also 'plasma' seems to be pretty constant whole time not changing its shape at all.

Hi Argon

Interesting! Please expand on the technical details of how you prepared this alternative video.

Hi can

Actually, having the SK video loop once seems OK. We always knew that the video from the customer site was supposed to be prerecorded and I expect this means a video was made that turned out to be shorter than the duration of the live presentation ... so it was looped.

Can you give the times of the 2 frames you show? -- I mean the times on the "enhanced audio" video that I assume you are working from

can

Your movie of the screen grabs is brilliant. I hit the "Bruce likes this" button about 20 times in quick succession hoping it would turn into a "Bruce loves this" button!

I note that there are a number of frames in which 437.5 nm seems to be absent. I wonder what that means adn I wonder how that correlates with the control signal shown in the oscilloscope trace at the top left.

Either excess heat is produced - many more units will be sold - and LENR with low radiation output will be proven. Or this exercise will subside silently, quickly and terminally. All we need do is wait.

Rossi will find ways to avoid either of these outcomes. That is what he has been doing for the past 7-8 years. I personally expect that he will announce in about a year that he has had some satisfied customers but that the product is being temporarily withdrawn so as to produce a much superior model.

I can sympathize with the notion that refereed journals tend to reject new things.

Not quite right. Refereed journals will reject manuscripts if the findings are not novel. But then they will also reject works that are so novel that the evidence does not back up the claims. It is a line that has to be walked.

A.R. fought tooth and nail to protect

his IP.I don’t think he has any thoughts of selling it’s.

It’s all about obtaining customers now.

Well that is not what Mr Rossi says. When asked whether he would ever reveal the secret of the SK, even after it is widely distributed and his precedence is widely acknowledged he says

"well this depends on the licensee of the licensees because I don't think they will be very happy if if I will gladly spread around intellectual property they have invested in. So this issue is very difficult to be answered now and in this situation because it does not imply me it implies of the world that will rotate around this technology there will be probably billions invested and so that the issue is very difficult to be answered and I know is not depend on me"

He is saying that the reason he would not reveal his IP is because it would upset those to whom he has sold the rights.

All I can say is that if he does carry on he's far more likely to end up in jail for fraud than if he quietly disappears. So which option is more likely?

He has already been in jail for fraud in the 1990s. And yet here he is ... still working away.

You are approaching this rationally whereas really you should be thinking about psychology and personality. "Quietly disappears" is not in Rossi's orbit. Rossi wants to be the name on every tongue. He wants to have the world kneel at his feet and praise his modesty. He wants to manipulate and connive. He wants the Nobel prize. He wants to fool the world's smartest people. In short ... it's psychopathy.

Take a look at Bob Hare's book on the subject. Hare describes psychopaths manipulating and scamming him even as they sat in jail. It is a drive and an aspect of personality. It is even biological. Psychopaths display their traits even in childhood. There are discrete regions of the brains of psychopaths that actually work differently that those of nonpsychopaths.

You ask which option is more likely? I think that Mr Rossi will continue his scamming efforts until he is physically or mentally unable to do so. Money is a way of keeping score but it is not determinative.

Dr Richard

I believe that Mr Rossi still harbours ambitions for another major score. Not by selling heat to anyone but by once again trying to sell/license his IP.

During his recent presentation he remarked that he thought this might amount to billions. That is unrealistic, of course, but I can see him conning people for multiple millions more.