Posts by rubycarat

Thanks, Ruby, for the transcripts. That's a really nice touch I appreciate. Unless you're stuck in traffic, podcasts consume way too much time.

As for Rossi, well, if someone still believes him, they're their own punishment.

That's what took so long! I am terrible at doing transcripts. It is funny because some people are listening podcasts all day long, and don't ever read the transcript, and that's why I started the podcast, for those people, in hopes of expanding the awareness of this solution to zero carbon. As it turned out, few listeners are new, and it ended up being for the "insiders" who want data on "paper" (screen).

I'm glad we got to highlight many of the scientist's work in their own words though. I give them the platform to speak their truth, and we covered Mats Lewan, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax, and Frank Acland on the Rossi topic. Each has a different take. Only time will tell.

I really really really really really hope there is a breakthrough ASAP. I am getting seriously depressed over the impending Dead Earth.

Good interview Ruby! I know it will be tempting for LF members to have some Rossi style fun with this, but please keep it respectful of Frank.

Hey Shane, I support Frank Acland and his management of his site. I couldn't take endless speculation and kicked everybody who wanted to argue off of Cold Fusion Now! (who can forget the speudo skeptics like MY!) Frank stepped in and is still waiting patiently. He's hopeful, as many others are, but let's face it, unless there is third party confirmation nothing can be determined for sure.

If you will, ease your workload and skip the individual thank yous. No one will mind. You have done more than enough as is, and there is still more for you have left to do. If anything, we owe you the thanks for all you have done. Plus, you missed 5 days salary, paid for the excess baggage (gear/T-shirts), and covered incidental expenses, so we owe you full expenses paid for the next conference you attend, as "LENR-Forum Journalist".

One more podcast to transcribe (this weekend for sure!) and the article about the ICCF22 to post with photos, some audio, a little video. That will wrap it up nice. I am so grateful to you and LENR_forum. I look forward to contributing here when I can. GennaidyT. has some impromptu video that he is posting. Nice! Plus, he captured the Alla Kornilova interview on his phone. i want that for the documentary!!!

rubycarat

your intellectual celerity has impressed many, about me, you can catch up at next Marseille's workshop in May 2020 :)

I wish those notes were more coherent. I should have had the Abstracts out too, but too much to juggle in the little auditorium chairs. Marseille 2020 .... hmmmmm, we'll see if the movie has begun production yet - who knows?!!

In LAX on the way back to Eureka, CA. Three days to get to Assisi, and three days to get home!

THAN YOU gentlemen of LENR-forum for your help in getting to this conference. I am so very grateful.

I was able to share some art, some science, and pitch in when organizers Bill Collis and Claudio Pace needed it.

I passed out stickers, a few t-shirts, and made a cool poster for the comic book, which got quite good reviews and comments.

It was awesome to meet many people who I only knew through the chip body (internet) in real life, both scientists and LENR-forum members. Cydonia - I wish I could have talked with you more! It was busy, as usual.

There was a lot of good news, and positive developments. There is no doubt that the arena of cold fusion research has increased its scope. there was more young people attending (as a percentage of the 152 registrants) and several new theorists working through their initial understanding of the three-decades of research.

I will be getting back to work tomorrow (super busy schedule), but the plan is to transcribe the podcast with Frank Acland that I've been sitting on for weeks (I'm so sorry Frank!), write an article for that, and then write an article about the conference, and post up some photos and video clips of the conference.

After that, I'm leaving Cold Fusion Now! behind as an archive. I'll be moving on to the comic book publishing situation, and making money! A documentary movie will begin next year, and I am psyched to get going on that.

As the Amazon burns, and Saudi refineries are attacked, there is great urgency for a breakthrough alternative. THANK YOU Lenr-forum for all your attention to this. This is an important space for discussion and news.

If you were one of those to support me, I'll be sending out thank you's in October, once my work schedule calms down. If I didn't get your snail mail address, I'll be contacting you for that.

More as it develops....

Dave Nagel Summarizes ICC22 Conference

"It was an intellectual feast."

A buffet table set with chemistry, physics, ..... and beyond. In breadth and in depth, it was full of exciting things.

Nagel says his years of normal science, conferences were homogeneous. But now, these conferences are exciting and synergistic.

Experiments fall into two categories, old and new experiments. It's good to see the progress on old experiments, and also see the sophistication of these experiments.

It is possible to instigate nuclear reactions at ordinary energies. We are all re-thinking nuclear science. It remains a mess - which is not knock - but a description of the field. No one sees the whole picture yet, and there are so many different observations, and so many theories. Eventually, someone will win a Nobel prize for discovering the mechanism behind this.

One of the fascination is, is this going to be a winner take all? This field takes decades to play - it's not like watching a movie.

ICCF-22 concentrated on science but there were engineering topics too. This field will evolve eventually to doing more engineering and business.

"We must communicate with the outside world," as Michael McKubre says.

We can have small units, we don't have to have a centralized giant power plant, we can have small units with zero-carbon.

Buoyant heat transport can produce unreliable estimates of heat generation by Mitchell Swartz

Ruer showed how in air flow calorimetry you must have temperature T1 and T2 at the same height because he buoyancy effect is real and vortices are set up. With increased temperature, the effect is worse.

Swartz says he previously experimented and show that the temperature can go up several degrees (in his experiment).

Beginning with conservation of mass, momentum, and energy, Stokes' equation is derived.

The effect comes from expansion of fluid. The Boousand (sp) Approximation means you can skip gravity.(?)

How to correct it?

First, Eta subB is the ratio of heat transported by bouyant forces to the heat transported by the applied solution convection. If this ratio is greater than zero it needs correction.

C sub p * deltaT * v sub c * eta sub B

is the term to subtract. The eta subB is the most important term.

He says when you do calibration, put a square wave in your system. If you don't get a square wave out, you can not trust your calorimeter.

Huang C Temperature Dependence of Maximum Excess Power in 3 New Experiments (Letts, Parkhomov, & Mizuno)

At ICCF21, the resonant surface capture model was proposed to relate to the inelastic process of excess heat.

After ICCF21, three sets of data were available to test the model, Letts, Parkhovmov and Mizuno

Letts's Duel laser stimulation, Parkhomov's nickel hydrogen heat generator continuously working for 7 months, and Mizuno and Rothweels Excess Heat from Pd Deposited on Nickel were analyzed

Only the max excess power for each temperature follows this straight line behaviror. It implies a hidden variable which controls the excess power at each given temperature.

So, Huang says the resonant surface capture model may work for high Z materials to explain this, as well as Miley and Iwamura's work too.

Jacques Ruer on Hydrinos

He begins with Randell Mills proposal about hydrinos, shrunk objects composed of proton and an electron orbiting at a much lower level than the fundamental state.

Several methods are proposed to test the hydrinos theory; one is gas chromatograph, which indicates peaks at levels lighter than hydrogen.

If hydrinos exist and behave as claimed by Mills, we must test their capability to escape a metallic container. He describes the experimental setup to do so, and asks if this experiment would prove the theory of hydrinos, taking a survey ( a few hands raise ).

Jean-Paul says the experiment is easy to do on powerpoint, but very difficult in reality.

Outside of a Farady cage , he gets a high signal, and inside, he gets a blazing signal.

The NANOR, when connected to a voltage emits a very narrow band of RF signal.

There is resonance broading 1/r^3 fall off, indicating probable Fcc vacancy.

LANR electrolytic cell "Mother of all Cathodes" MOAC was ran at Lincoln Lab for months, showing a 43% loss of D. it was quiet until Iccf21 because they were looking for neutrinos (and didn't find any, and weren't interested in the deuterium loss).

This device gives as much as 70 Watts of excess power, when driven at the right state.

It sits in a resonant maser cavity.

Ni/H2O/Pt gets going and makes pulsatile lines, and it is only associated when there is an active CF system. he wants to build a movie of it to show better the changes.

There appears to be some kind of inter-movement between the lines, but he asks, is this mode locking? Probably not, because in mode locking, the cavity is hundreds of wavelengths, but with MOAC, there is only a single mode. Also transit times in mode locking do not match those of this one. Also, these pulses here appear as almost step functions , different than mode locking pulses.

He will continue this avenue of research and says to everyone "do not give up" and he encourages people to look at the other frequencies in this space.

John Wallace said that all the magnetic fields could be causing precession, and to put the whole thing in an iron box to quiet the intermovements.

From a laymans point of view, have there been any updates or announcements or gossip on the status of the projects run by Gates, Anthropocene, IH or any others in respect of meaningful progress to market, or is everything going to go dark again for another year?

While the science and ensuing technical debates are interesting in themselves, many who follow LENR are hoping for a product that will make a significant impact.

Unfortunately, there is zero coming from Texas Tech. I do not have any info on their status.

There was mostly scientific research here, and the labs attempting a prototype have not shown up, excepting the Clean Planet/Tohoku crew (I think), which presented modest heat gains (see Iwamura's notes).

rubycarat

Did you catch whether Tanzella's calibration runs are done with the pulse generator ON or OFF? If it's off for calibration and on for a test run, then that is a potential problem because pulse generators can make lots of electrical noise which measuring instruments may see as signal.

I am sorry, I did not catch that. I am not sure if he's left yet, but if I see him, I'll ask. I would imagine that they have taken this into account, because they have had to defend against critics for so long, but I did not hear that specifically.

I missed the last session. Had to go to the room and chill. But now:

Mitchell Swartz presents Superhyperfine Structure of the Deuteron Line Emission from Active ZrO2PdD Heralds an FCC Vacancy

The first system to analyze is the Pd-D system using a two -terminal component NANOR or PHUSOR.

You have to use double Faraday cages must ground with a copper rod.
    In RF analysis, longer you look, the better the signal

Superhyperfine structure is the appearance of more sideband with increasing voltage but below avalanche.

There is a sideband drift with cause unknown.

The SHFDL Emission at 327.37 MHz from two active ZrO2 PdD components show an asymmetry of 7-15% which is actually a lesser amount than the masers situation.
    Also, the center line at 327.37 is not the strongest line, but another line at a lower frequency is. But he does not know why this is and is asking the community to suggest some reasons.
    At first it was a magnetic field situation, but Hagelstein said it wasn't, so they are still working on that.

The first closest SHFDL emission is at 327. 364 Mhz. This and the other sidebands are lining up with the FCC locations.

Sidebands indicate that the location of the excited state deuterium FCC vacancy.

The next system analyzed was with nickel and ordinary water.

The sidebands don't line up as well with either FCC or BCC locations, and the results need more analysis because there is a change in the nickel structure somehow.
    SHFDL analysis reveals unique pulsatile line.

Conclusion: Free radical deuterium are making helium-4 which generates the observed excess energy.

Yasuhiro Iwamura talks about Excess Energy Generation using a Nano-sized Multilayer Metal Composite and Hydrogen Gas

He started at Mitsubishi using thin-films to detect transmutation. Now at Tohoku, he is working on nano-sized multilayer metal composites, mostly using nickel/copper.

Procedure:

1. Introduce samples into a chamber

2. baking of the samples for one or two days to remove water or other impurities

3. H2 Absorption (250C and 230Ps) H2 gas introduced.

4. Evacuate the chamber by TMP

5. Heat up the sample up to 500C.

6. Cool down the samples.

7. Repeat #3-#6 again.

Diffusion of hydrogen is one of the key factors to induce condensed matter nuclear reactions.

Diffusion of hydrogen cause by gradientC subH pertaining to evacuation and permeation,

and the gradientT of temperature.

Example 1 3 layers of Cu 2nm and Ni 14 nm

Example 2 now uses 6 layers (instead of 3) with everything else the same and they get 5.3 Watts power, larger than the Example 1 with three layers.

Example 3 6 layers Copper Nickel with Calcium Oxide. They put CaO into the nickel, and the excess power goes down.

Release excess per hydrogen > 1keV / H

He has also measured spontaneous heat bursts - with no significant change for input power and room temperature.

They do analysis on sample before and after activation to confirm key elements of the process. After heat generation, there are many new elements found with a non-uniform distribution. They are careful to distinguish between contaminants and reaction products. But he asks what is happening?

Fe and CR which could be supposed to be derived from stainless steel by sputtering is differently distributed.

Ratio of Cu/Ni got larger near the surface.

Max released energy 1.5 GJ/H-mol or 16 keV /H

Duration of excess heat is usually 1/2 day, but they can go two weeks making excess.

They have a plan -and funding- through 2022!!!!!

THANK YOU Clean Planet, NEDO, Tohoku, ELPH!

U. Mastromatteo LENR evidences experimenting with hydrogen and deuterium loading in thin palladium films

http://www.argal-research.it

is the site of his research association where you can see previous and current work.

He shows his set up (see photo on Twitter)

Important in this experiment is pressure monitoring, because something unexpected happened. He uses a thin-film Pd resister to identify that pressure inside the chamber is the correct one.

1 Ohm heater resister, a dialectic to separate resister from heater.

He shows a picture of a Pd electroplated Nickel sample from before, because he read that Mizuno said you can put Pd on Nickel and so he used the same chemical solution to make electroplating on nickel. 2 cm^2 sample was first. He found neutron emission, but not heat.

He repeated this experiment recently with more quantity of material, the diameter of the sample was 4 cm with 0.5 gram Ni.

The resistance used 5-7.5 Ohms.

When first loading hydrogen in the chamber, he observed a small decrease in the pressure, so he let it alone. IN a few days, he saw the pressure decreasing slowly about 18 millibar. Decrease in pressure becomes more rapid on further loading.

Again he made a vacuum and filled the reactor with hydrogen again. After about 2 hours we had a rapid absorption, and the chemical increase of the temperature was clearly visible.

H/Ni ratio - Unexpectedly since ht first absorption an interesting ratio between hydrogen and nicekl atoms has been obtained. The weight of the Nickel sample is 0.5 grams which corresponds to 0.5/58.69 = ______________ moles.

Subsequent fillings were carried out after one the of higher H2 absorptions.

During one of these absorption periods, an anomalous emission of neutrons occurred. Overall, the amount of hydrogen absorbed (112 cc) was as to to bring ratio H/Ni to 1.18.

After a vacuum degassing by heating the material and absorption test with deuterium prepared, with D introduced at a Pressure of 1010 mbar. When the absorption reached about stability, the temperature sensor inside the reactor in contact with the sample recorded an increase in temperature; the temperature bounced up and down, the reaction producing a max of about 130 degrees. The thermal anomaly lasted for about 20 minutes.

The thermal anomaly begins in coincidence with the end of D2 absorption in the Pd. Max power produced was 7.1 Watts.

After this anomaly, the material did not show any deuterium absorption while going again to hydrogen a clear pressure decreawas confirmed more times. Continuing with other test using hydrogen the absorption decreased until it disappeared completely.

The probable cause is attributed to a clear palladium delamination, so it's not absorbing any more.

Even if a thin layer of Pd was deposited on a Titanium sample, a moderate absorption of Hydrogen was obtained only over 150 degrees.

So to conclude, even though D2 did not show absorption in the nickel, a clear episode of excess heat generation occurred at room temperature while the activation mechanism remains still undetermined.

Puzzling: No excess heat with H, but excess heat with D although there was no absorption.

Roggeri presents Opportunities and aid from the European community for the development of scientific cooperation projects

He has a slide TECHINNOVA: Send your proposals for funding!

Under Nuclear Fission and Radiation Protection Research has a deadline Sep 25, 2019 with a budget up to 2.5 million Euros and there should be at least 1 EU member, and other partners are possible from other countries, even outside Europe.

Roggeri says the group will help you with the partnerships, too.

Material for offshore energy (IA) has a deadline of Dec 12, 2019 with a budget of 5-7 million Euros and you must have at least 3 EU members as partners. The deadline is somewhat flexible here, can contact the group about a 2020 deadline.

Novel high-performance materials and components (RIA) has a deadline of Feb 05, 2019 with a budget of 4-6 million euros and there are at least 3 EU partner members

Saftey reseach and innovations for partitioning and or transmutation has a deadline in Sep 25, 2019 with a budget up to 6 million euros. For this you must have at least 3 EU member partners. This one includes funding for unconventional projects.

Many of the CMNS researchers work alone, and you have many theories that cover many things. For you to take part in this, Roggeri says first realize a small network using your project, and search on how to fund your network and share the funds.

Roggeri wants to help, so just ask him. He is working with a service company and 2-5% of the money will be given to the company.