rubycarat Journalist
  • Female
  • from Eureka, California, Left Coast US
  • Member since Aug 17th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by rubycarat

A few more photoss from the last night dinner:

Above L to R. David Nagel, William (Bill) Collis. Below. Nicholas Chauvin, Alan Smith, Huw Price, Eugene.

Eli and I gave out t-shirts with art by Matt Howarth at the conference. I sent one to my pal Andrew. If you need a DJ, sound archiving, recording services, or the best live act in town the Spam Allstars to perform, call City of Progress http://www.spamallstarsbiz.com/city-of-progress He's got a cold fusion safe house.

Yes, you are correct. I am paraphrasing. It should not be in quotes. I did not look up exactly what they said. Essentially, that is what they said.

I do not get the sense they believe there is something there. I get the sense they are playing political games, but I cannot image what games, or what purpose they serve. Judging by the Nature editorial that was published with the paper, this was a crude hatchet job intended to make people think cold fusion does not exist. That seems like an expensive hatchet job, so I do not know why they would bother. They could have accomplished the same thing with the usual bullshit editorial in Na

The Google paper in Nature was a masterpiece of obfuscation, misdirection, and confusion. I think I know what they did -- sort of -- because I asked them, and I heard

So I edited the post and removed the quotes to make to make it truer. I also added a couple links. I have more photos to upload but reached the max.

I do believe I heard those exact words, originally written, during the conference. From who? I do not know. Maybe Matt Trevithick? I will have to look out for that in the video talks.

I did not like the way that paper was written and I would have to review it again to say why. I remember it was within reading the first couple paragraphs I had a sinking feeling. But whatever you are thinking their intention is, look what is the result. There exist some researchers who see this paper as a reason to initiate research in LENR. This was stated at the conference. People are using this paper to justify a research proposal. I am baffled too, but this is how it is. I wonder how many got this jumpstart? I wonder who is still waiting for another sign? What will it take?

Artifacts have services and disservices. We could list them all out but the google paper performed a service of activating other research efforts.

Miles and Fleischmann were very upset about this. Look for the term NHE in Fleischmann's letters:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmanlettersfroa.pdf

Eight decades since computers were invented in 1945. By 1950 people knew about them. They began having a large impact around 1960. Bill Gates, I, and many others learned how to use them in the mid-1960s. Microcomputers (later called personal computers) that were cheap enough for ordinary folks to buy emerged in the late 1970s.

That is a good question. When do we define the start of the revolution? It isn't one moment. I guess I was thinking about it in terms of the societal applications that were the final straw in breaking the old institutions, when us ordinary folks got involved.

I do not think the paper said that. It said the experiments are challenging and worth doing on their own merits. It gave no hint that they think cold fusion is real. The Nature editorial that accompanied the paper was a hatchet job no better than any of the other hatchet jobs Nature has published since 1989. There was no softening, no concessions, or no indication they know anything about the research.

Yes, you are correct. I am paraphrasing. It should not be in quotes. I did not look up exactly what they said. Essentially, that is what they said. They are not stopping. google will continue, because they believe there is something there. The presenter Ben Barrowes remarked about the google paper, and how it made him think he could propose something because of that exact sentiment. He got that sentiment from the paper. He is not alone, as Scott Hsu said as much. This is how the google Nature paper had an impact, despite not being what the LENR community had hoped for.

This was more than an ICCF. It was the ICCF24 x Solid State Energy Summit, with the "x" articulating the extension of a CMNS meeting into engagement with a broader sector of policy, technology and financials. ICCF is the signature conference of the research CMNS community, while the Solid State Energy Summit represents a reach-out beyond ISCMNS for partnerships that will both collaborate with and complement LENR research. Steve Katinsky, co-founder of LENRIA, discussed this in his remarks at the end of the day (which I look forward to seeing when it's posted).

Conference host Anthropocene Institute made the leap and exposed LENR science in the best possible setting to their friends in Silicon Valley. They also reached out beyond to bring global figures in to inform CMNS researchers about what is needed to take their research to the next level. The first day of the conference was an education for all in attendance, online or in-person. There were limited science reports. In its stead were global energy analysis, risk assessment, Technological Readiness factors, and a bullet list with the rubric LENR research scientists need to satisfy in order to gain investment capital. Anthropocene's Media Relations had released a statement saying as much:

The conference will focus on observations, results, and theory, with an eye toward satisfying increased interest in practical fusion from the investment and research communities. https://oilandgaspress.com/new…-energy-summit-kicks-off/

Former Executive Director of the IEA Nobuo Tanaka attended virtually, and reported that energy policy makers are searching for solutions beyond fossil fuels, indicating continued real interest in alternatives. But how does LENR develop into one of those alternatives? Conference attendees were treated to an advanced lesson in how investors think about "Risk Transfer Approaches" surrounding environmental, social and governance ESG factors, as presented by PhD quantitative analyst Jeffrey Bohn. And Carly Anderson was just one of the speakers who provided a required qualifying criteria for venture capital funding to develop a potential technology, and tips for lab groups on how to meet those criteria. These were the tutorials the LENR community needs to move forward to the next level.

The investment crowd was educated, too. The conference featured several US agencies with established labs successfully pursuing LENR research dispelling negative perceptions and lifting the very real and serious research. NASA Principle Investigator and Physicist Theresa Benyo of Glenn Research Center presented on the Lattice Confinement Fusion LCF project, within an overview of the history of Glenn cold fusion research. US Navy Project Manager Oliver Barnham gave an overview and timeline of US Navy research and introduced the current replication program he's working on. [See notes on Theresa Benyo RE: ICCF24 LIVE discussion. ] Oliver Barnham [See notes Oliver Barnham here: RE: ICCF24 LIVE discussion. ]

Later that week, Larry Forsley and former-Navy SPAWAR researcher Pam Mosier-Boss gave data on projects, as did US Army Corps of Engineers Benjamin Barrowes, whose father worked at the National Cold Fusion Institute back in the day, who presented data on the replication project he's doing. The overviews were given early, and the hard data provided later. Like the European Union and Japan, US agencies are funding Hydrogen Metal Energy openly because they can't afford not to.

Scott Hsu, Senior Advisor and Lead Fusion Coordinator in the Office of the U/S for Science & Innovation and Program Director, ARPA-E of the U.S. Department of Energy, who does not like to hear the words "cold fusion", spoke about their new LENR funding program, tip-toein in with the vocabulary "considering issuing a new Exploratory Topic ...."

The Advanced Research Projects Agency - Energy (ARPA-E) is considering issuing a new Exploratory Topic under Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) DE-FOA-0002784 and DE-FOA-0002785 to solicit applications for financial assistance in pursuit of hypotheses-driven approaches toward realizing diagnostic evidence of Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR) that are convincing to the wider scientific community. A goal of this Exploratory Topic will be to establish clear practices to rigorously answer the question, "should this field move forward given that LENR could be a potentially transformative carbon-free energy source, or does it conclusively not show promise?" https://arpa-e-foa.energy.gov/…d3-4afc-bd17-bc7a7f05fb2f. [ # RFI-0000065 ]

The ARPA-E program is based on "recent progress in the field". The announcement includes references to the google Nature paper written by C.P. Berlinguette et. al., "Revisiting the cold case of cold fusion," Nature 570, 45 (2019) "and references therein", and the ARPA-e LENR Workshop https://arpa-e.energy.gov/even…uclear-reactions-workshop

This was not the only time I heard how the google Nature paper was the catalyst to thinking that we should take another look at this. The paper describing their program was a huge disappointment to the LENR community, where the lack of veteran researcher involvement was criticized. Nevertheless, the google program managers had their own idea, and ultimately concluded that there is something anomalous going on, and they continue investigation to find out what it is. Apparently, that sentiment alone was enough for other researchers outside of LENR to feel confident about approaching their supervisors with a proposal to experiment to see what people are talking about. 33-years of experimental data showing nuclear reactions are happening in a solid material, but a google paper ignites action. We know now there is a much greater interest in pursuing new energy research than we hear about. People are laying silently in-wait for the right opportunity to present itself, and then, springing up with ideas.

If you want to unlock that potential inventiveness, there's nothing like a cash award. Carl Page announced a Prize will be administered with the intention of spurring research interest and engineering in solid state energy. But how to measure success is the current question, and it will be some months before we hear further word on that. To be determined is what type of measurement will indicate a winner? [Notes on Carl Page's update here: RE: ICCF24 LIVE discussion. ]

Peter Diamondis zoomed in virtually for a discussion and confirmed from experience that a Prize can stimulate the technology breakthroughs needed and jumpstart development money. They would like to see $100 million dollar prize, with a Winner and Runners-Up, but raising that much is still a problem. Depending on the racing criteria, a few million to $10 million is more likely.

Anthropocene Institute co-Founder and Director Carl Page and Chief Science Officer Frank Ling accessed their network to attract the best and the brightest, and rolled out a red carpet leading directly to the LENR lab. Curiosity, collaboration, and money is knocking, and LENR researchers need to answer. However, solid state energy has no technology; more R&D needs to happen. To show the current level of development, a "Tech Expo" was set up in the Grand Hall. Brillouin Energy had a room where they had brought one of their Hot Tube test generators, and conference co-sponsor Clean Planet had private office for their in-person group. There were tables with info and merch from NASA, nuclear advocacy groups, and our comics and t-shirts. Live demos were scheduled.

Frank Gordon and Harper Whitehouse were able to operate the small Lattice Energy Converter LEC on a table, creating an anomalous voltage by an as yet unknown mechanism. This was a success demonstration of a growing number of devices being researched to provide LENR direct to electricity. Fabrice David, co-creator of the Fusion Diode, was attending in-person, and George Egely zoomed in virtually with a video of his device claimed to anomalously amplify electrical input by 10.

The LEC was there in the Grand Hall operating Live during most of the four-day conference making microwatts of electricity. The hope is to scale the effect to a useful output. There were a lot of suggestions to that effect and this group generated a lot of interest. Go to http://www.inovl.com/ for more.

In the US, Brillouin Energy stands alone in their successful engineering efforts towards a technology. They hauled their Hot Tube along with the box of requisite measuring apparatus it's contained in, all designed by Chief Technical Officer Robert Godes and his team, from the Berkeley lab down to the Computer History Museum in Mountain View. It was on wheels, but Bay area traffic and roads in need of repair made for a bumpy ride and shook the unit into a fatal state. The live demo with the Sterling Engine didn't make it through the meeting. Unfortunate. Nevertheless, the Brillouin crew touted their steadily increasing results, reports of which can be found on their website. https://brillouinenergy.com/

Clean Planet CEO Hideki Yoshino leads the number one R&D LENR program on the planet. They have incrementally increased heat output of the Metal Hydrogen Energy generator and its cousins, as well as transmutation work, over the last decade. The word is they can make over 2 kW and are working with a Japanese company to make a water boiler by 2025. This is huge Follow their work at https://www.cleanplanet.co.jp/.

The Poster area was in that same Grand Hall, though many of the posters were configured digitally and hosted online. LENR-forum's Diadon put a poster together at https://lenrdao.com/ Alan Smith gave away LENR-forum cards and talked at the poster. I did not make it through to speak with everybody there at the Posters and I regret that. I was there with Eli Elliott to capture video for our documentary movie, and during Poster Session, between interviews, we were at the Coldscope table, giving away books, comics, and t-shirts with art by Matt Howarth. See https://www.discovercoldfusion.com/ and https://www.atomicfuntime.com/

There was so much action, I was out of my mind trying to get what I could, and it wasn't nearly enough. This mini-Science Expo was a trial run for the next one, the one ready to exhibit a usable technology. Marshall McLuhan remarked how the service environment for any new technology is always in place as a "ground", before the technology comes on the scene as a "figure". The solid state energy service environment sampled at the ICCF24 shows a ground almost assembled. If McLuhan is right, the technology can not be far behind.

Organizing an international conference is not an easy task, especially with a mix of online, in-person presentations, and it was smooth. Anthropocene's Frank Ling can science around with the best of them, but at the meeting, he also safely managed multiple world-lines involving nuclear scientists, artists, rappers, and the tech investors that Silicon Valley is famed for, with the whole thing broadcast live to world, oh, and during a bump in a pandemic. Participants took COVID tests each morning and had to show a negative result to enter the space. I had never even taken a COVID test until I had to take these tests for the conference. Once entered, there were big Airlock air-cleaning machines, and high-end masks were available. Confident in my immunity and consistently negative test results, I chose the paper masks with the ICCF24 logo for most of the time, but use of masks fluctuated. In smaller groups, near the Airlock machines, and outside, it was easy to feel safe interacting with no mask. In a smaller room with a crowd, the masks were worn by most.

The Lovelace Room held a smaller, second stage where I attended several lectures. Kazuaki Matsui presented about the New Hydrogen Energy NHE program in Japan which ran for five years during the 90s. He commented how they never really found anything positive in their experiments. But Melvin Miles, who attended the conference online, posted in the comments how he found clear signature excess heat in the larger cells he activated at NHE during the last few months of the program. Martin Fleischmann's analysis agreed with that, but apparently, it wasn't enough to keep the program going.

Use of AI as a Tool for LENR Research was also in that room. I wanted to know, could artificial intelligence find the theory of LENR? Sadly, the lecture was way over my head, confirming that I haven't a clue how AI operates. However, speaker Charles Martin, who designs AI systems for a living, told us in plain simple terms that AI can only solve "basic physics" problems, nothing like the problem of LENR. At this point, if we want a theory of LENR then we need humans to do it. Nevertheless, this work informs data modeling, too, so there will likely to be some crossover for AI in the LENR modeling groups. [ Notes for Charles Martin RE: ICCF24 LIVE discussion. ]

The ISCMNS holds an Awards Banquet at the end of each conference, but this one was held promptly on the second evening.

This time, ISCMNS Chief Executive Officer William Collis, who also lectured on Exotic Particles, distributed the gold Minoru Toyoda Award to Edmund Storms, a 33-year CMNS veteran researcher and author. Storms had, in the last couple years, found the formula to make active material, that is, a palladium-powder mixture, pressed and treated, that will produce excess energy everytime. These materials are now being tested by others, with at least one confirmation of a nuclear reaction. He signed copies of his 2014 book The Explanation of Low Energy Nuclear Reaction published by Christy Frazier, Managing Editor of Infinite Energy magazine. I also had a copy of the first edition of Cold Fusion magazine published back in 1994 with Edmund Storms on the cover. See http://infinite-energy.com/

Chef Martin Yan cooked the banquet food and educated the audience on how his favorite salad is made. He also chopped a whole chicken in 18 secs! Chef Yan is an ambassador of culture through food, and put the whole crowd in a great frame of mind through their stomachs.

Not afraid of a little subversion, the art was unleashed after dinner. A conference attendee - whose name I need to know - sang a fantastic version of The Impossible Dream. Science rap artist Baba "I don't give a deuteron" Brinkman performed his latest "Cold Fusion" plus amazing feats of freestyle LENR lyric, even rhyming with "indoor gardening"! Check out his Youtube for more of his science rap.

You Must LENR

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cold Fusion

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There were so many great lectures I witnessed, and lots I didn't. It will take a while to process what was reported. I've been checking the ICCF24 Youtube channel to see what I've missed. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY5ZAbIS5LNSlAM001veh9w

Now, I'm making a movie! I went to the ICCF24 to get more interviews with original scientists from 1989 and the early 90s for a documentary movie about the early controversy. Eli Elliott showed up to do the camera work. (Eli is the man responsible for all of those ICCF18 videos posted up on the ColdFusionNow Youtube channel back in 2013.) We interviewed David J. Nagel, Kazuaki Matsui, Tom Passel, Thomas Dolan, Francesco Celani, Ben Barrowes, Alan Goldwater and Robert Godes. We also spoke with a young college student from Las Vegas, Nevada who is interested in studying more about LENR and will check out Texas Tech where Robert Duncan is located. On the way back home, I stopped over the Energy Research Center with Alan Smith and interviewed Fran Tanzella on his account of the early days. We now have ten years of video interviews of scientists telling their story. We will piece together the account of those early days in the scientists' own words and lay it down for all time.

Hey! Do not forget to check out the LENR Short Course videos https://youtu.be/eLm7YqLiMvI They provide the basics on the tools used in this field. Usually given in person on the day before the conference, this year David J. Nagel put together the set online. I, and Jed Rothwell who hooked me up, too, stepped in to help Dave Nagel edit the series because the Anthropocene Institute unexpectedly lost a valuable member Richard Chan. I met Richard at the 2019 CF/LANR Colloquia at MIT hosted by Mitchell Swartz and Peter Hagelstein. Richard was capturing video with serious equipment (compared to my rinky-dink operation), but I knew we would be friends when he showed me the Cold Fusion Now! sticker on his water bottle. We worked together to get some great video interviews at that meeting. Then, he got up and blew my mind delivering a lecture containing both heavy science and law describing his work at the US Patent and Trademark Office, telling us how they operate, in particular, within the nuclear energy and new LENR-designations. THANK YOU Richard and lots of Love to You, for making the world a better place.

The ICCF24 x Solid State Energy Summit was held at the Computer History Museum. Here we are only 4 decades into the computer revolution, and there's already a museum! And the next transformational technology was showcased in that historic wrapper. It was remarked that 33 years isn't really that long a time to have a breakthrough development. Florian Metzler presented the analogy of the vacuum tube, and how the anomalous behavior took decades to understand, but still, a technology was developed in spite of the lack of understanding.

Going from a science to a technology will be a bumpy ride, and there could be no better first step than what Carl Page and the Anthropecene team provided to the Solid State Energy researchers at the Summit. As a pioneer of Internet applications, he was there when the dot com bubble began, and he was there when it burst. Emerging with his soul still in tact, he's committed the Anthropocene Institute and its resources to solving the world's biggest problem. To do it, Carl Page and his team brought a world of talent and resources to the front door of the CMNS science research community and is hoping "everyone gets to know each other and we can build the supply chain we need to get research done, get socialized in the right places. We have to work on how papers get published. This is an opportunity to create an industry here."

The next ICCF25 is scheduled for September 2023 and will be hosted by Konrad Czerski and the team in Stettin, Poland. Surely the goodest news will be upon us, and we will celebrate Breakthrough 2023.

Til then, you got to enjoy Eli Elliott's phone mash-up

External Content www.youtube.com

Goodbye Dinner friends:

Plus, we went to the Sports Page and surrepticiously dropped a pack of Resonating Hydrogen coasters at the bar. I hope they look at the URL on the back, and become intrigued.

MAX Attachments Allowed reached!

Ben Barrowes CRREL US Army Research was at the ICCF1 in Salt Lake City when he was 16 years old. He found a sense of wonder, that we could try to figure out some of though secrets of the universe and he went into electrical engineering. He worked in the Army trying to find unexploded bombs underground.

A new program is starting up. Army got more interested recently. He wanted to do a replication of HIVER, Oliver B's project. Here's the layout:

They have not had a full experiment, but now that funding is flowing, they will do more than just turn it on.

Another thing they are interested in doing is Palladium Laser following Biberian and Mastromatteo. This is preliminary, they just wanted to see what would happen, but they are planning more tighter situations.

He looked at the locations where the lasers hit, and at first he didn't see anything, but when he looked closer, there were little tiny spots. He looked at them under SEM, and saw that under the Blue laser, there is a crater and a debris field, and other elements that weren't there before.

Looking at the red laser spot, there was no nickel (like the blue spot) but more calcium and silicon.

CR-39 shows activity, but not where you would expect near where the lasers were. he does not know what made the patch showing on the detector and asks, does anybody know?

This is the first year of a three-year funding situation for Barrowes. He feels there is a sea-change in attitudes and optimistic about forwarding the research.

Oliver B from the Navy NAVSEA Warfare Centers and DARPA on the HIVER Electrochemistry Energy Project Results. He shows a US cold fusion timeline with DOE, SPAWAR, DOE NRL...

There are issues and potential solutions. He puts a broad teaxm together from National Research Labs, Industry and Academia.

Cells are Pt wires electrodes, heavy LiCl salt, PdCl2 salt, with 0.25 Tesla magnets. There is a Seebeck sensor roaming around the room for people to look at. CR-39 is used in their hot electrochemical experiments. Many tracks found on experimental runs and a lack of nuclear tracks on control runs.

A statistical approach revealed the level of background neutrons. Background goes up and down in the lab. He needs more detectors though, situated around the lab getting neutron counts in real time.

The model he is following at this time: Electochemically plated lattice structure w/Vacancies to Electron chemical deuterium loading in lattice to Parametric pumping through applied DC current to DD reaction. After experiments there is material analysis. No transmutations were found.

He shows one run where an anomalous 5 Watts are present. RF was detected during experiments, including 330 MHz which others have reported that frequency also.

Charles Martin Calculation Consoting, USA talks on AI and LENR. He has done 15 years of Machine Learning and AI.

A tool he has developed for AI for climate change will be discussed. AI also called Deep Learning is being applied in a lot of areas, nuclear fusion, protein folding, for example. Many people do not know how AI works, even engineers who do it. But they don't care, they keep using it to solve problems. But if you don't know how it works, you can turn this into a full-fledged engineering application. AI theory uses ideas of statistical mechanics and new concepts too.

He has an equation and it is complicated. It took him three years to figure out. He can predict trends in the quality of state-of-the-art neural networks without access to training or testing data. They can make specific predictions about what people are doing in industry.

Carbon Corp uses AI to look at your land and assess whether or not you are eligible for carbon credits. Training the AI to get that level of accuracy is what they are doing.

In LENR there are millions of data points, so you have to train AI to work without looking at the data, he says. When the system is learning, the eigenspectrum of layers of ____ becomes more correlated.

To use this method, you need to pick a model that would be as close and relevant to what you were doing. You can use his tool to select a model. They can detect problems layer-by-layer. (Layer of what? I am wondering.)

A hedge fund is training a model to predict the market, but apparently too much training the model degrades. A python tool analyzes fat tails in deep Neural networks.

Ultimately, google has solved a basic physics question, but the AI is not ready to work on the LENR theory. However, someone who knows Python and LENR could work on a program that would be able to determine - oh, this material will be active, or, this material won't be active. A theory of LENR, at this point, still requires humans.

Edmund sTorms is going to tell us how it works, why it works, and how it can be commercialized.

Hydrogenated metals are well known. A nuclear reaction can simply not take place in the lattice structure. It would violat too many laws of chemistry and physics. Instead another environment must be created, he calls it the Nuclear Active Environment. Once in the NAE, it has the ability to form another structure called the Nuclear Active Structure where the action occurs.

The NAE must

attract the hydrogen, but not allow the formation of the hydrogen molecule. Thus, it mus have a particular size. He believes the NAE are gaps, small cracks too small to see on the electron microscope, a few nanometers in size. Once occupied by H or D the gap structure become s chemically stable. This proves the condition where the NAS can form.

Inclusion s of oxide particles in solid Pd at which the reaction with D or H causes gaps to form around the particle regardless of the physical form of the Pd. Gaps can form between small particles in a powder Arata Case Takahashi, in an electoplated layer co-deposit or when Pd is deposited on CaO Iwamura.

Stress induced fractures can form in a brittle material (extended electrolysis. Gaps can also be made in a material by nano-machining.

What evidence is there for this? He assumes the active gap is approx 2 nanometers. 0.35 large particles you can have

McKubre had a sample of palladium that made excess energy and studied the effect of composition. Excess vs. D/Pd ratio graph is shown. When he loaded up to 0.8, he should start to see heat. As he increased the composition, smaller and smaller NAEs were formed that had the right size.

Number of NAE, the number of fusion sites, the replacement rate, and the isotope concentration with control the rate of reaction.

The slopes in the graph Log excess vs. 1/T are all the same, despite having different power levels. This slope is important. These features are same whether using electrolytic or gas-loading methods in Pd powder.

Nuclear products form the reaction are stopped by the surrounding material and their kinetic energy is converted to heat.

karabut et al. investigated specturm of ion emitted after glow discharge is turned off. The graph drops off. In 2008 Storms detected radiation from LENR, and confirmed the same results. Further, he inserted absorbers to catch the radiation, and he showed very clearly that is was not Helium. The behavior is consistent with an isotope of hydrogen, he thinks Hydrogen-4.

Want to succeed? Make more NAE, Stimulate the formation of the NAS, using laser, pulsed current, gamma flux, added impurities, or use higher temperatures. He believes many failures that have been reported would have been successful if they had been at higher temperature.

He makes his won materials with a process I can't list right now, but give him a call and he'll share some knowledge. He adds impurities, and says the right-sized particles added are crucial. He rolls out powder, a couple times, heats it, adds particles, etc... He says get to work nano-machining and we'll figure this LENR thing out ASAP. 1 nanometer is too small, and 10 nanometers is too big.

Mikio Fukuhara talks about Nuclear Transmutations and the Creation of Elements. He starts reviewing the conventional theory of creation of elements by cooling hot gases that condense.

Fukuhara proposed a new model for the formation of nitrogen, oxygen, and water. He compares the element concentrations for Earth, Mercury, Venus and Mars. There is a difference for Earth; C, N, P, S, Cr, Mn, Fe are larger in concentration on Earth. He chooses three natural elements Mg and Fe, and Al and Mg, to investigate further. Given the temperature and pressures, can we create new elements? his calculations reveal that a nuclear reaction between Al and Mg can indeed occur.

In fact, there a several elements he has researched that show the clear possibility of nuclear reactions. Lighter elements, he considers, appear to be linked to plate tectonics after the nucleation of the liquid core.

New Hydrogen Energy Project in Japan by Kazuaki Matsui, A Review

Started in 1993 and spent about $20 million

The objective were to demonstrate excess heat with electrolysis and understand the mechanism, along with a quantitative control of heat. They got a number of groups from industry and academia from international sources.

They set up in Hokkaido on the second floor.

They had the ICARUS cell designed by Fleischmann and Pons as well as five other systems setups. He shows a graph claiming excess heat, and then he claims that there is a possibility of systemic error. He will not claim he made excess heat. He says that they measured some Helium-4 in 1997, but he can not be sure of contamination. Kazuaki shows pictures of a lovely lab. Here's Vittorio Violante and Martin Fleischmann when they were visiting the lab.

Here is Francesco Celani, Douglas Morrison and an unknown fellow at that location.

In THIS century, the NEDO Project produced two calorimetry facilities at Kobe and Tohoku U and a DSC apapratus at Kyushu U. At ARPA-E LENR Worshop 10-21-2021 Prof. Narita of Iwate U has reported summary of those achievements on excess heat by hydrogen and deuterium absorption on metals, focusing on Prof. Takahashi and Iwamura works.

Erik Ziehm presents for George Miley Understanding Cluster type Reaction Sites.

Patterson Cell was developed way back when with Dr. Miley. Demonstrations of a 1kW unit were performed. Micro-sphere beads between two titanium electrodes in light water. Spheres were layered with nickel, palladium, copper flash, .... When the spheres ran out, they tried to make more, but the excess heat dropped.

Miley has worked on new materials and since found transmutations where isotopic abundances were outside of the natural values in Iron, copper and zinc. Each element has its own shift in isotopic material.

Earlier thin-film experiments led Miley to speculate Swimming electron Layers were responsible for catalyzing the reaction. He thought clusters of D or H for the reactive LENR material. Later, he went to gas-loading and nano-articles. This gives a larger surface are particles, allowing more active sites where clusters can form in the defect sites. Ni-rich particles worked with H, while Pd-rich particles worked with D.

In one run the team measured around 1479 J double the possible chemical contribution. Sintering occurs and reduces performance though.

Erik is focusing on plasma bombardment now. he makes all kinds of defects as trapping sites for the Deuterons. Thermal DEsorption spectroscopy is then used.

Now Brillouin on Demonstrating Proof of Concept. They start with a video

External Content youtu.be

Hydrogen Hot Tube HHT (copyright) Boiler System

Pulses of 15 kW electricity up to 4 million time s a second.

30,000 homes powered on one glass of water-type of heat coming out of the Hot Tube as they scale for efficiency.

They

3x-4x energy gain has occurred in the lab.

1.4x energy gain to "come right out of the wall(?) has been many many times.

10% went back into the Hot Tube, 90% went into a sink. They ran their device for 18 months, with 10% going back into the device. They produced over 2x gain, occasionally 3x during that time. Compare to the hot fusion situation, where less than 1% goes back into the unit.

The catalyst rod is the key to driving the reaction. News: In the past month, they have achieved a steady state. They now estimate about 25% of total power is going back into the unit.

A little blurry:

waste oil ot asphalt, thermal storage companies are interested. Businesses are there waiting for the reaction to ramp up. Please post up a better photo if you have one:

They are looking for more capital to advance making 10 - 15 of these Tubes a week.They are looking to get a clean room environment. They need a lower level of clean room than say Intel Corp has. Ultimately, they are close to making it happen, and they need to start scaling up.

I slid over to the second stage to see Jed Rothwell talk about How To Fix Global Warming with Cold Fusion. He swooped in virtually.

Cold fusion tech can provide energy for desalination to convert deserts into 3.5 million square kilometers of verdant land.

Indooor farming and cultured meat grown from animal cells will reduce agriculture land and allow a reforestation megaproject.

New trees can capture lots of carbon as they grow. When they are old, they don't absorb so much, and when they die, the carbon goes back into the atmosphere. Harvesting the dead wood can arrest this process. He says we can bury some of this in underground coal mines, too. Let's bury 15 billion tons a year, removing this carbon in 114 years, he says. Worldwide lumber production would ramp up by a factor of 12, too.

He speculates cold fusion robots the size of a bird would fly and cut 5 liter of chips a day. 300 robots could demolish at 15m pine tree in a day. This is better than big chain saws, because they could easily fly into wilderness areas without roads, they don't need human operators. this is not practical now because the re-fueling of fossil fuels would be costly. He says thinks small, we don't need human-sized machines. We need to re-think everything, and the scale of everything with cold fusion.

Climatiologists have not heard of cold fusion and are not optimistic about planting trees to help with CO2 removal. That's only because they are thinking about the boom and bust cycle of Forest Carbon, without the cold fusion solution.

This is not a free lunch. It is a lunch you are paid to eat!

Peter Hagelstein starts Day 3 on Models for accelerated nuclear deexcitation: Dicke-enhanced excitation transfer on the 14.4 keV transition in Fe-57

Modeling LENR uses a coherent process, not incoherent, like billiard balls. This new models couples an ocsillator between 2-level systems.

I won't even try to interpret this. However, he is saying "nuclear molecules" might be a way forward. "We need ground-state, non-rotating nuclear molecules." But these will decay: radiative decay, internal conversion, and fission, so this is still incomplete.

Hagelstein is optimistic that this new model might be the one to describe what's happening in the field. He's got a lot of calculations to do to be sure, but he's really feeling good about these new ideas using the nuclear molecules.

Mitchell Swartz says that Synchronization of Vacncy-Loaded Deuterons Eneables Successful LANR Mass Energy Transfer.

A Phusor type system (Heavy water, Pd cathode, Platinum anode) produces excess heat at two input levels. In pre-loaded, dry LANR/CF systems also produced excess heat with a power gain up to 12 on that run. Another dry NANOR type component produced approx 12 Watts output. Successful experiment produced emission frequency at approx 327 MHz. During masing, if the voltage is raised slightly, effects occur, and he can see superfine lines in a graph showing him where the deuterons are located.

The MOAC Mother Of All Cathodes also produced the 327 emission with 10 Volts and 20 Volts. There are also pulsatile RF emission from an active LANR system, pulses that take place over minutes, also with interacting sidebands. Synchronous behavior is seen everywhere in our experience and in cold fusion systems.

He loads his samples electrically, and makes non-reversible reaction such a disclocations in the lattice. Synchronized deuterons increase until the double Hopf bifurcation results. Phonons are made in a cooperative process, showing excess heat and making low-momentum Helium nucleus.

Ooo Edward Beiting, former aerospace fellow, now LENR experimentalist. He is focusing on excess heat on Ni-H and all his results are negative at this time.

He wants to present sufficient detail to allow critical review. Here's his calorimeter:

After a 200-hour run, doing everything that Mizuno did, he did not get any excess heat. He even did mass spectrometry on the gas, to be sure of its purity and that there were no leaks.

A Technova Approximation (not an exact replication) on Cu1/Ni7/Zr14 particles. He makes different particles sizes from 20 microns in diameter up. He calcinated them in a furnace for 7 days in a furnace and heated in air at 450C. He found an increase in mass of 1.33.

After 150 hours, Beiting did not see excess heat, and with H2 loading hundreds of hours, no excess heat. Oddly, one run he looked at the particles and saw that the Zr and O were layered in the spheres.

JP Biberian iws working on nano particles made of nickel-based alloys for the European Project CleanHME. Prof. Arata began this approach using palladium nano-particles imbeded in zirconium oxide which showed excess heat production excited by heat only. He uses a Seebeck type calorimeter which can go to high temperatures up to 1000C. He calibrates using Alumina powder. The active powder is being patented. It is a chemical compound. To get hydrogen in nickel, it needs to be above 200C and remove the oxide. Biberian has used 2 cm diamter and 3 cm diameter cells. The powder is either treated in a separate furnace under vacuum or _____ .

In the calorimeter, the powder is heated under vacuum up to the maximu temperature of the experiment, then cooled down at room temperature. Heating steps from 5 to 10 watts until stabilization of the output signal coming from the 50 thermocouples in series.... Nine cycles of heating and cooling and excess heat showed itself. He measure activation energy similar to Ed Storms' activation energy.

I am seeing approx. 12.6 Watts/100g at 950C and now 4.8 Watts/100g at 950C.

Then,

No other excitation besides heat is needed for particle of nickel and NI/Cu particles.

Ed Storms asks, Have you seen tritium? According to his model, there should be tritium, but JPBiberian has not looked yet.

Dmiter Alexandrov talks cold nuclear fusion reaction in Constantan successful experiments. He's doing 950C initial temperature and sees momentary metal evaporation after interaction of deuterium gas with the specimen. Evaporation takes place for less than one second. Here are his comments:

I have to stop out right now...

Hey Dimiter is getting pretty good power gain from these wires, almost 3x.

Francesco Celani talks about the thin Constantan wires under H2, D2 gases at high temperatures. He is saying that the flux of H or D entering or outgassing from the materials is the crucial element in success.

He is making measurable values of Anomalous Heat Effect AHE.

He breaks it down to a preparation phase and an activation phase. Lots of text on these slides so maybe Jed will interpret?!