rubycarat Journalist
  • Female
  • from Eureka, California, Left Coast US
  • Member since Aug 17th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by rubycarat

Yeah, I find headphones improves things too. Maybe the extra stereo separation helps to split the voices from the music.

I was listening to a programme on BBC R4 the other week, where they were talking about podcasts, and how the producers assume that most people will listen to them via hedpones or earpieces. I don't know whether that tempts them into tweaking the sound to take advanntage of that. But that assumes all listeners have two good ears...

I hardly ever use headphones, only when I have to. My roommate is always plugged up in some podcast. I got flack for too much music in a video I made and learned to be much more quieter, especially for science.

Before this month of October runs away, I have to post this interview with Alla Kornilova that I wrote back in 2019 with a translation from Max Nozin, after a chat with Alla at ICCF22 in Italy. At the time, I wanted to get permission before posting, but we got all mis-communicated, and I didn't hear back until a long time later, after I moved away from coldfunionnow.org.

October is Alla's birthday and I'm posting this here in honor of her work, and the isolation we all feel as hostages of war, on every continent, including my own. She is in Moscow, while her scientific partner is in Kyiv. Important work hijacked by war. There are so many good people steadfastly building a Tomorrow for Us All. And we know that Tomorrow is powered by cold fusion, the power of the people.  Happy Birthday Alla. Peace on Earth, a great Idea.

Alla Kornilova: Work together to solve essential problems of the planet

by Ruby Carat. Sept, 2019 -- Dr. Alla Kornilova is senior scientific researcher and physics faculty of Lomonosov`s Moscow State University as well as an active member of Russian Academy of Natural Science. She holds patents in solid physics at high pressure, physics of cavitation phenomena, X-Ray optics, medical physics, biophysics and radiation biology. She has written three books and numerous articles on these topics.

Alla Kornilova is also a pioneer of cold fusion/LENR reactions in biological systems. She was interviewed by Ruby Carat at the 22nd International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science. Her responses were translated from the Russian by Max Nozin.

In the early evening of an Umbrian autumn, Dr. Alla Kornilova sat with a few of her Russian colleagues outside the Domis Pacis Hotel, unwinding after dinner, and a full day of CMNS science reports. She talked about the early days of cold fusion, and how it all developed. Alla Kornilova gave her unique perspective looking back after 30-years of LENR research.

She says, “I was one of the scientists who knew that nuclear physics, which was invented at the beginning of the previous century, didn’t address everything.” 20190911_104506-510x287.jpgTranslator Natalia Famina with LENR scientist Dr. Alla Kornilova at ICCF-22 Assisi, Italy 09/2019

“In 1961, the Nobel prize was awarded to Rudolph Mossbauer, and this was the first exception from the rules to which nuclear physicists got used to. This is the case whereby the nucleus-emitting gamma quanta – does not experience recoil.”

“For some reason, in 1961, scientists didn’t get too excited about it. Why? Because it was believed that Germans always calculate things right, and so scientists accepted this without a scandal!”

“Nevertheless, that was an exception from the rules of nuclear physics which emerged at the beginning of the 20th century. Why did this happen? We always studied nuclear physics as an interaction of two elementary particles, be it proton or electron. They obey Coulomb’s Law, the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle – scientists have lived with these rules for 100 years. They did not violate any other rules, like the conservation rule, and did not contradict any knowledge that people utilized for 100 years.”

“But what Mossbauer said – that a nucleus emitting gamma quanta does not experience a recoil – why was nobody talking about it aloud if it was in contradiction to established rules? Why? Because a nucleus inside of a solid body is not an isolated nucleus, it is one of 10^23 nucleons in a cubic centimeter, and the nucleons emitting and absorbing gamma quanta are surrounded by a dense population of other nucleons which are bound to each other by elastic forces.”

“And here we have a second notion which I am highlighting, but even modern scientific society talks about today: it is the physics of rapid processes. What kind of physics is that? The same as the Mossbauer case.”

“If a recoil energy received from the emitting nucleus was transferred to its neighbors inside the solid body during a time which is shorter than the time of transition from an excited state to normal nucleus state – exactly the same process happens as when recoil energy has managed to transfer, the nucleus returned to the primary state and emitted gamma – quanta would not receive that very energy subtraction connected with the recoil, and hence, with the same probability the receiving nucleus can also be subject to the similar effect. That means that we can now observe nuclear resonance for which during last century everybody was getting the Nobel prize.”

For more on this, read The Experimental Discovery of the Phenomenon of Controlling and Changing Probability and Time of Spontaneous Decay and Gamma-Transmutation of Excited Nuclei Statuses https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/NEDOthesixthina.pdf 1996

Dr. Kornilova continued, “And R. Mossbauer got it. He was a [Newtonian] and therefore did not gave a deep explanation of his effect. But it was first a violation of the established laws of nuclear science. “

“Because I work professionally in this field, when the big argument erupted about what could be behind Fleischmann & Pons’ experiment, and if a nuclear fusion could be happening there or not, I had no doubts. I embraced this effect right away, and simply started looking for explanations.”

“It was a lucky accident that brought me together with Vladimir Ivanovoich Vysotskii, to the point now that I feel we are relatives! He is an excellent theoretician, I am a good experimenter, and we managed to sort everything out right away.”

DSC_4285-510x767.jpg

Dr. Kornilova’s long-time research partner, Dr. Vladimir Vysotskii was honored with the Preparata Medal at the 22nd International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science September 2019. The award was presented by Emilia Preparata, wife of the late-LENR theorist Giuliano Preparata. Vladimir Vysotskii was recognized for his career in LENR that included theoretical models on correlated coherent states and revolutionary experimental research on LENR transmutations in biological systems.

Download the Cold Fusion Now! podcast to hear Dr. Vladmir Vysotskii speak about LENR theory and experiment. [.mp3]

Dr. Alla Kornilova continued, “The scientific community didn’t rush to accept our explanation because it was not ready for such. Nevertheless, right after, we didn’t follow with deeper insights into F&P, but rather started to look for our own niche in the science, which wasn’t too easy to find. Because, say, simply repeating the work of today’s solid state physicists who work with Pd, Ti… They are dealing with such difficulties, I don’t want to blame them for that, but at that time, they didn’t know you have to create dynamic conditions in the solid body.”

“However, we already have such dynamic conditions on Earth in a living nature.”

Alla_DSC_5385-510x431.jpgEmilia Preparata ( Left), Attendant of de Medici, Catherine de Medici, Claudio Pace (Center), Vladimir Vysotskii (Center Right), Alla Kornilova (Right) at the 22nd International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science ICCF-22 in Assisi, Italy 09/2019. Photo Mykhaylo Vysotskyy.

“You should know that the history of science, in particular our great Vladimir Vernadsky, divided everything on Earth into two major classes: living, and non-living nature, the so-called minerals.”

“When I am talking about nature, I imply living nature, class and minerals. This is our new energy resource. Not too many know, but I have performed all the work which let’s me say positively that minerals are the new energy which we have not yet embraced today.”

NucTransVysotskiiKornilova.jpgNuclear Transmutation of Stable and Radioactive Isotoes in Biological Systems co-authored by Drs. Vladimir Vysotskii and Alla Kornilova.

“But let’s get back to history; I started all that talk to tell you what is happening in the living nature. All the experiments we did with living nature, they were an incredible source of information which we started to present every year from 1992-1995, when I had obtained a patent. We conducted more than 500 experiments, on just one single reaction.” Alla_DSC_4232_800x435-510x277.jpgCMNS discussion at ICCF-22 Assisi, Italy 09/2019

“You had to have an impossible energy, which of course I had during those years! Because you take my age today, and subtract 30 years, well, I was 40 something! That is the most active time of a working scientists’ life. The head is fresh, the body does not hurt, and energy is aplenty. That is why we were creating a lot.”

“I consider it was a great life experience, when we had very powerful research team of microbiologists, theoretician Vysotskii with his team, then my work. We made it possible to lay the foundations of that science now called ‘Cold fusion in living dynamic cultures’. But, as it always happens, when we did all that, we had to find a real world application of our theory. What did we start doing? Well, the rare isotope iron costs 20K USD per gram, so, we manufactured isotopes.”

“My first patent was called ‘Method of obtaining isotopes in living biological cultures’. What is patent for? It is to show that using this technology I can obtain patents which are very expensive and create a very big economy – I lived for a long time with this patent but let’s say it didn’t make me rich!”

“Then a second question is if isotopes don’t help you, you need to think about a second energetic effect, which can also be very profitable. That was ten years after Chernobyl, which happened in 1986, and that meant that in 1996 there was the 10th anniversary of the tragedy. We will be talking about Fukushima, but Chernobyl is close to home, so in 1996, we conducted work on the Shelter project. We needed to show that our technology will promote recycling of nuclear isotopes, which is of course the largest issue on the planet at those nuclear projects we are currently developing.”

currentSciece108n4-420x566.jpg

Read about the transmutation of radioactive Cesium by living bacteria in Microbial transmutation of Cs-137 and LENR in growing biological systems published in the Current Science LENR Special 2015

See also Low-energy Nuclear Reactions and Transmutation of Stable and Radioactive Isotopes in Growing Biological Systems pg 146 https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BiberianJPjcondensedc.pdf 2011

At that moment in the interview, Alla Kornilova introduced another friend who approached.

“–And here is my colleague, great scientist, who knows everything! – it is Sergey Nikolaevich Haydamaka, his future is big! We all are getting older, but he has a great future ahead of him. These associations happened to be a great product.”

“We do utilization of nuclear isotopes. You know, in the nuclear reactors in liquid form, there are huge amounts – millions – of highly active isotopes, and the most criminal – and abundant – is Cesium-137. We made very elegant theory on how we can solve this problem. Of course, we were 10 years into active development of [syntrophic associations] .”

“Can you imagine that it is not the same half-life period: half of the Cesium-137 can be destroyed in 30 days – not the usual half-life of 30 years.”

“What does nuclear science require? 6 half-life periods for Cesium? Now remember Fukushima where radioactive water, is being stored for 200 years. Why? Because 30×6 – roughly speaking 200 years. Who is going to keep that much for that long?! That tragedy doesn’t stop; it continues today.”

“We need to think of new technology, new knowledge. With the knowledge we possess today, the young scientists can set to any point in the world and solve a problem. They know how to do that.”

See “Biological Transmutation’ of Stable and Radioactive Isotopes in Growing Biological Systems [.pdf] Vladimir Vysotskii, Alla Kornilova, Journal Condensed Matter Nuclear Science 28 (2019) pgs 7–20

“We are not in demand still. You can fight for the science endlessly, but when life presents us with utterly important problems – its ‘close your eyes’. “

“Science should not have any borders, we are not Germans, Russians, Americans etc – we are scientists. We have to work together. And solve essential problems for the planet.”

“Second issue: we solved a lot of problems, we wrote many books, I talked to people in higher places, and every time, our science is not moving easily. There is huge resistance.”

“We are today on the border of cold and hot fusion. Apart from unlimited energy, we need to solve other exciting problems, we do not exclude any knowledge. Science has to be international. That is why I am coming to international conferences. I am not hiding. I tell all the details of my work; I am not going to live forever. Anything can happen. We are transferring our expertise to the youth which can work today. I am happy that I have such students now. At the same time, I will be happy if representatives of some other countries with similar problems can find somebody to sort all that out. “

“Apart from that, in the conferences like this [ICCF-22], energy problems are being solved. Traditional nuclear power served us well, but we now see many issues with it. We need to find new solutions.”

“I know that many questions we raise here, and discuss here, are not taken seriously by the mainstream scientific community, but we still have an offer to create solutions for a problem. Our research is promising and unique.”

“I see a positive reaction to our presentations here and am grateful for the opportunity given to us to share. We see that, unlike other places, we have a good scientific discussion here.”

See also A Century of New Breakthrough Open Technologies an interview with Dr. Alla Kornilova with Chief Editor for Science at Regnum [Russian] [English]

--Ruby Carat, Max Nozin 2019

How are the targeted beam experiments different from the infused hydrogen metal nano-particle experiements? Pam Boss said "There are two channels of reactions." in paraphrase. Some channels make heat and helium, and others make ions and radiation.

It seems the targeted beam do not make the heat and helium like the hydrogen metal nano-particles? The latter seems like hot fusion.

Was watching Andrew from TexasTech.

A pre-print of A New Understanding of Cold Fusion is available at https://www.researchgate.net/p…erstanding_of_Cold_Fusion,

It begins by stating his assumptions, and then proceeds logically to explain observed behavior. Electron screening is given importance. Later, from section 4.2.2:

For fusion to occur, the hydrogen nuclei in the NAS must achieve a separation small enough to allow their nuclear energy states to interact. People have focused on the behavior of hot fusion as a path to explain cold fusion. This is a false path for the following reasons.

In the case of hot fusion, the Coulomb barrier is overcome by the kinetic energy of the nuclei, usually in plasma. When the hot fusion reaction is instead caused to take place in a material by bombarding the material with ions having kinetic energy, the electrons present in the material can add to the very small rate of the hot fusion reaction, especially at low kinetic energy, as shown in Fig. 18.[58, 59] In this case, the electrons near the site of the random encounter can slightly reduce the magnitude of the barrier. Consequently, their effect is large but not enough to fully compensate for the loss of reaction rate caused by the reduction in kinetic energy. At best, this behavior shows that electron screening of the hot fusion mechanism is possible in a chemical structure.

This kind of screening does not apply to the cold fusion process during which the applied kinetic energy is essentially zero and the resulting helium nucleus does not fragment. If it did, all materials should be able to cause cold fusion.

In the case of cold fusion, the electrons must first concentrate near the hydrogen nuclei in sufficient numbers and in a structure that can reduce the Coulomb field enough for the nuclei to share their nuclear energy states. Now we have a problem because electrons are not known to concentrate this way. When electrons concentrate to form chemical compounds or crystals, the electron structure keeps the nuclei far apart. For LENR to occur, the electrons need to force the nuclei closer together. This requires a new kind of electron interaction. This realization is one of the important consequences resulting from this discovery.

Cutting to the conclusion:

6.0 SUMMARY

Normally, the chemical energy states do not interact DIRECTLY with the nuclear

energy states. This means that a condition not present in a normal chemical structure has

to be created somewhere in the chemical structure before fusion can occur. This unique

structure is proposed to form only in physical gaps having a critical size in the nanometer

range as the result of many different treatments and in many different kinds of materials.

This structure is proposed to consist of two or more hydrogen nuclei and many electrons.

The creation process is consistent with the rules that apply to chemical processes because,

initially, the process does not anticipate nuclear interaction.

To cause fusion, this structure must allow at least two D to get close enough for

their nuclear energy states to interact. The electrons that cause this reduction in separation

would interact with the nuclear energy states. As a result, as fusion happens, some of

these electrons would have access to the mass-energy and be able to dissipate this energy

as kinetic energy and momentum. Briefly stated the electron structure that allows fusion

to happen provides the means for the nuclear energy to be dissipated while momentum is

conserved. Whether this emission of electrons is a sustained or sudden process has yet to

be determined.

This kind of electron structure might form in many materials but be ignored

because nothing unusual happens. The sites would be made visible only when an isotope

of hydrogen is made available and the resulting nuclear power is great enough to be

detected. In other words, this process might have always occurred at a rate too low for it

to be detected until F-P made such a search important. A description based on a similar

assembly of atoms and electrons has been suggested by Goncharov and Kirkinskii[75]

The nuclear process is proposed to convert one hydrogen isotope to another. The

initial formation of 4H from D-e-D fusion produces 4He by rapid beta decay. Tritium

formed from D-e-H fusion produces 3He by slow beta decay. A few neutrons are made

when the tritium fuses with 2H. The same mechanism applies equally to all isotopes of

hydrogen with only the nuclear product being affected by the isotope being caused to

fuse.

Fusion of deuterium nuclei would create 23.8 Mev/event. The release of this

energy would send all of the components, including the electrons, in different directions.

This process allows the momentum resulting in the energy release to be conserved. So,

instead of the energy being released from the nuclear product, as is the case when hot

fusion occurs, the energy and momentum are released from the entire assembly of

components that are involved in lowering the Coulomb barrier. This process represents a

new kind of nuclear interaction that can only take place within a chemical environment.

While this idea may be considered implausible, the explanation is consistent with many

observations. In addition, the predicted behavior can be used to test the consistency of

the model.

Cold fusion is not just a clean source of energy. It also reveals the existence of a

new kind of atom-electron interaction on par with the interaction that causes crystals to

form. However, this structure can cause a nuclear reaction when hydrogen isotopes are

present. Consequently, this event makes the structure visible enough for people to take

notice. The implications of such a structure being possible are huge. This is on par with

the discovery of radioactivity in 1896. This discovery required all the understanding of

nuclear behavior accepted at that time to be rewritten. We are now at a similar time of

transition in scientific understanding.

What is stopping this potential source of clean energy from being used on a large

scale? After all, a huge and expensive structure is not required, unlike hot fusion.

Instead, LENR needs only a special condition located within an ordinary material, such

as palladium or several other materials, to be properly stimulated. The required

conditions might also be made in large amounts with reproducible behavior using nano-

machining. The discovery of how to make LENR useful has been slow only because the

effort has been trivial compared to the difficulty. Nevertheless, this problem is being

slowly solved. Hopefully, this paper will accelerate the effort.

There were no leaks.

If you are claiming a leak, say where. You are no expert. If you say there is a leak again, then say where.

I think you mean in some cases, leaks did not correlate with excess heat.

We can go through Miles's methodology in detail and see what is possible.

THH, we are way beyond "leaks". Please watch this movie about Miles' research.

Leaks were quantified - the leaks during sample transit - by the worlds top helium expert. There were no leaks in the apparatus by design. Designed by experts in this field. Thank you for taking note of this fact.

Anomalous Effects in Deuterated Systems Melvin Miles The Correlation of Excess Heat and Helium
    Anomalous Effects in Deuterated Systems Melvin MilesThe Correlation of Excess Heat and HeliumNavy LENR Research SeriesFilmed in Wolf Creek, Oregon, US August...
    youtu.be

It is definitely needed with the bulk-Pd-D electrolysis, the original method. It is needed during initial loading until the reaction is triggered......

As Storms says, high loading is not needed with D2 gas. Loading is very low.

I think the high loading is needed, but it is a special case rather than a general requirement for all forms of cold fusion.

I believe one of Storms' conclusions is that high-loading is not needed. I believe Storms explains the early F&P experiments, and McKubre's data, as needing all that time to create the NAE, as opposed to needing all that time to load highly. it is not the high-loading, but the cracks and voids that the high-loading creates that makes the NAE.

What is true for gaseous hydrgen should be true for all hydrogen if this is a universal mechanism, allowing for some flexible amount to initiate the reaction for different materials, as Storms says.

So a talking point of Storms is: High-loading is not necessary to initiate or sustain a reaction.

I need to read this new paper and confirm this is the case.