Promethian Member
  • Member since Oct 4th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Promethian

Seems like anti-neutrinos seem to be also a key player also:

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep13945

Every second greater than 1025 antineutrinos radiate to space from Earth, shining like a faint antineutrino star. Underground antineutrino detectors have revealed the rapidly decaying fission products inside nuclear reactors, verified the long-lived radioactivity inside our planet and informed sensitive experiments for probing fundamental physics. Mapping the anisotropic antineutrino flux and energy spectrum advance geoscience by defining the amount and distribution of radioactive power within Earth while critically evaluating competing compositional models of the planet. We present the Antineutrino Global Map 2015 (AGM2015), an experimentally informed model of Earth’s surface antineutrino flux over the 0 to 11 MeV energy spectrum, along with an assessment of systematic errors. The open source AGM2015 provides fundamental predictions for experiments, assists in strategic detector placement to determine neutrino mass hierarchy and aids in identifying undeclared nuclear reactors. We use cosmochemically and seismologically informed models of the radiogenic lithosphere/mantle combined with the estimated antineutrino flux, as measured by KamLAND and Borexino, to determine the Earth’s total antineutrino luminosity at 41598_2015_Article_BFsrep13945_IEq1_HTML.gif. We find a dominant flux of geo-neutrinos, predict sub-equal crust and mantle contributions, with ~1% of the total flux from man-made nuclear reactors.

[...]

What's up with the world if we don't already have Neutrino detectors in order to prevent nuclear war/proliferation/detectors...

Either there's some conspiracy or hard limits at play.

Are we really not there technologically?

If military reactors (like on submarines) can be found by neutrinos, then a lot of resources will be directed to find how to shield neutrinos.

Conspiracy theory: Neutrino shielding is next to impossible unless they aren't completely massless as they aren't. Hence you can estimate some things about their origin or even distance from the detector to the source...

Perhaps we could trace all nuclear reactors onEarth, including mobile reactors.

OK, I just read this, and think I understand the implications. No more nuclear secret localities, right?

Wow!

Nuclear subs, no more. Secret nuclear enrichment, no more, nuclear proliferation that can actually be implemented through perfect knowledge, wow!!!

Fascinating stuff David!

I wonder if you could just create fuel rods in a simplistic and elegant manner that would elicit this in a scaled down manner. One with enriched Uranium, the other, with something like spent fuel??

Sorry, what do you mean unallowed research? Sound more of that BLP... stuff.

What is Compound Nucleus and what is Resonance?

There is no difference between the compound nucleus and the nuclear resonance.

The compound nucleus is the intermediate state formed in a compound nucleus reaction. It is normally one of the excited states of the nucleus formed by the combination of the incident particle and target nucleus. If a target nucleus X is bombarded with particles a, it is sometimes observed that the ensuing nuclear reaction takes place with appreciable probability only if the energy of the particle a is in the neighborhood of certain definite energy values. These energy values are referred to as resonance energies. The compound nuclei of these certain energies are reffered to as nuclear resonances. Resonances are usually found only at relatively low energies of the projectile. The widths of the resonances increase in general with increasing energies. At higher energies the widths may reach the order of the distances between resonances and then no resonances can be observed. The narrowest resonances are usually the compound states of heavy nuclei (such as fissionable nuclei) and thermal neutrons (usually in (n,γ) capture reactions). The observation of resonances is by no means restricted to neutron nuclear reactions.

https://www.nuclear-power.net/…sonance-compound-nucleus/

[...]

Simple stuff. Wonder why we don't really exploit the mechanism behind nuclear resonance. :/

As said the control bars were out and couldn't be brought back again. What happened afterward is just speculation as an explosion was unavoidable anyway. Nobody will run this test again ...

So, if I may be so bold. What is your opinion about nuclear resonance? Seems Superior to using moderators to control the fission process.

The cause of the accident is known in almost all details and it's well documented.

The chain of events and all decisions made, yes. But, the fact that anomalies like those pointed out by Alan, are intriguing. Besides, it is well known that fuel rods often experience resonance; although, in my opinion the amount of it was so high in Chernobyl that caused or led up to the massive explosion in my opinion.

It is certainly true that analysis of fuel rod fragments post explosion showed unexpected isotope distributions. This can be found in the literature, for example here:-

Isotopic Composition of Uranium in Lava-Like Fuel-Containing Masses from the Fourth Block and Radioactive Fallout of the Chernobyl NPP Service Area November 2002Radiochemistry 44(6):621-625

https://www.researchgate.net/p…hernobyl_NPP_Service_Area

I think this is all one needs to know in regards to abnormal nuclear resonance in the reactor prior to the explosion. I don't think there's any harder evidence, than perhaps a US spy satellite at the time that passed over the area.

Technically you could create a cloud of VERY high density plasmonics through inducing a state change of some nuclear fuel through resonating the nuclear fuel by inducing a magnetic field of monopole nature.

Sounds like gibberish but it ain't. I mean we all do know that transmutations are accepted as common nowadays in the LENR field.

Heres my theory. Its tantamount to a version of not so LENR to highly energetic materials.

Technically in some theoretic scenario mass can get converted to energy at much higher rates or speed than what is thought as the baseline. All through eliciting these highly resonant nuclear states.

After the LION reactor melted down, the experimenter connected the reactor to a 12 volt light bulb and connected it to ground. The light bulb produced light for 1/2 hours. It produce 37 kilowatts of power. LENR can produce electric power directly without the need for a heat conversion step.

Here is one of the many such direct to electricity LENR systems that have been invented over the years.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, well, and here we are 19 years later and nothing came out of it. Theoretically, what I understand the purpose of a resonance reactor is to do away with breeder reactors, along with having a VERY long life-span. Furthermore, it seems to me that you get 4 birds killed with one stone. 1) Direct production of electricity, 2) Heat, 3) Production of high grade fuel, 4) Effective dealing with existing nuclear waste.

Do I sound "high", sorry if so(?)

Yeah man, think of the possibilities of utilizing Thorium in a resonance reactor, or even accelerating the decay of nuclear waste or even its implementation in a resonance travelling wave reactor.

Sorry, kinda amazed at doing away with the heat energy exchange of turbines through miniaturized reactors utilizing magnetic fields generated through a nuclear resonance mechanism.

OK, now I need to calm down. Sorry.