CWatters Member
  • Member since Dec 5th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by CWatters

The Hot Wire anemometer shows substantially higher air velocity at the outlet when at ambient temperature rather than when heat soaked in the outlet tube at the heated temperature.

I assume they need calibrating for different flow temperature due to the way they work? Or are they meant to have compensation built in?

Google found a paper but I've not the time to read it...

https://iopscience.iop.org/art…0.1088/0022-3735/20/3/017

Just a thought but... What would the capacitance of the plate be? Then if you know the likely charge of the object hitting it perhaps you can estimate the voltage of the signal using V=Q/C ? I suspect it might be a bit small? ..or is that not how you think it might work?

Static electricity might be a big issue?

In most industries the importance of being first to market has driven development timescales down dramatically since I graduated. If someone says they have a working machine/prototype and a year later its still not on the market you have to wonder what the problem is.

My wife's job (before she retired) was managing applications for European funding and funding reviews.

If you read the reasons given in the assessment and understand the way EU projects work the reasons given tell you what was missing from the application.

In general the EU likes collaborative projects - groups of companies in different countries all coming together to work on one project with a clear economic benefit. Sceptics say it's so reviewers get to travel to a wider range of exotic destinations :) Everyone wants to partner with companies in say Venice or Nice.

The art of creating such a project it to find companies whose pet interests can be convincingly portrayed as fitting into one seemingly cohesive project. This can be difficult.

Since i worked in the same industry as my wife our paths ocasionally crossed at review meetings. On one occasion my boss told his new secretary to book me a flight and a hotel room in Paris adding with a wink that "Colin will need a double room". She knew I was married but not what my a wife did for a living, we left her thinking I had a mistress in Paris for a few hours before telling her.

He will have to disclose how it "works."

Not necessarily. I've been responsible for getting several products CE, UL and CSA approved in a distant past life. In general test houses need to know how to operate the device but not all the details of how it works.

Rossi is vague about exactly what he means by certification. So far I've failed to get Rossi to tell me what specific national or international standards he's plans to get his products to meet. He always manages to avoid answering my question or somehow finds a way to missunderstand it.

The products I've worked on have been electronic devices like set top boxes, satellite receivers, PC etc. I'm not familiar with standards for electric, oil or gas powered heaters or electric generators. In the past I've had problems where it's not obvious which of two standards is most applicable to a new product that crosses markets. I did wonder if Rossi might face a similar issue. From example would a reactor that used Nickel have to meet standards for heaters that use "solid fuels" (normally wood or coal)? It's quite possible no applicable standard exists for him to test against.

This youtube vid popped up in my news feed. Skip to a bout 6:35 for HB11. The rest is an intro to hot fusion.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Colin Watters March 26, 2020 at 2:47 PM

Dear Andrea, I was very interested in your reply to KiethT on the 25th March. He asked if the current safety testing completed the certification requirements for E-Cat domestic use and you replied yes. Can expand on your reply? Which standards will the E-Cat be certified as compliant with? If it will be CE marked, which EN standards specifically will it meet? Thanks.
    • Andrea Rossi March 26, 2020 at 3:22 PM

Colin Watters:

Please read better: KeithT did not ask if we have completed the certifications, he asked if the certifications will include etc, and I answered yes to this, not to what you say.

The certifications are on course and have not been completed. Obviously they will be completed before we put in commerce the product, which means when the Ecat SKL will be ready to be put in commerce, and it is not now. Obviously, when the product will be in commerce the certifications will be made public, not before, for reasons that are obvious; everybody familiar with the matter knows that the procedures for certifications of products are always covered by NDA until they are granted and the trolls that are making a mess about this issue are paid by guys that are shooting their usual tennis balls to try to stop the carrier of our work.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

3. If electricity from plasma is frippery, then I want frippery, especially if it is at about 70 percent efficiency as Rossi alleges. For demonstration purposes it would become a self sustaining electrical system in a small package, no heat turbines and electrical generators needed. End game one way or another it seems to me.

There is no doubt producing electricity is better than producing heat but why abandon heat production totally as he appears to have done. If his heat producing reactor was so reliable (5 sigma test passed) why not make or license them to others while he worked on electricity production?

Had a call from someone that flew to the Canary Islands today. On landing they got an email saying holiday cancelled. Then another saying return flight cancelled. At hotel was told hotel closing on Monday. Consulate closed for weekend. Airline swamped with calls.

The court case appears to be over an unpaid invoice for data processing. Looks like AR wanted lots of documents/emails put into a database called Relativity to make them easier to process.

If you search the court database for State Case Number: 132017CA012030000001 you get a long list of documents the second to last (eg from near the beginning of the case in 2017) appears to be the original complaint for non payment of an invoice. What follows looks like a legal snow storm of motions, perhaps to see if the complaint will go away.

I wonder if Rossi agreed to a $many per MByte kind of deal without realising exactly how much data he had given them to process, then got a surprisingly large bill?

Sorry can't post a link to the doc.