PhysicsForDummies Member
  • Male
  • from San Diego CA USA
  • Member since Jan 8th 2018
  • Last Activity:

Posts by PhysicsForDummies

Another material that is totally transparent to XUV is transparent aluminum.

https://phys.org/news/2009-07-…rent-aluminium-state.html

Transparent aluminium is 'new state of matter'

Also from that link:

"the invisible effect lasted for only an extremely brief period - an estimated 40 femtoseconds"

How is this material that lasts 40 femtoseconds useful to Rossi? Or anyone?

I think you are taking Star Trek too seriously.

May I make a request of the moderators to not ban anyone based on any posts on this thread, nor remove any posts on this thread. Not only do I enjoy this banter but I am getting tired of censorship of different ideas on "social media". This country used to be about free speech. We the LENR passionates are already not considered mainstream. AA's ideas are in my mind incorrect however a fascinating insight into the human psyche.

Attention: Rossi trolles...Please demonstrate your mastery of all knowledge and disprove this theory from Rossi:

I am no expert in the standard model but I don't think this message board post by Rossi really qualifies as a theory, sounds more like hand waving. There may not be enough detail to prove or disprove. If it is in fact a theory, it would be the first physics theory I have seen that has no mathematical equations, except "T=1-2 eV". Has anyone been in contact with Carl-Oscar lately, and is he really even working on this?

I am thinking about getting t-shirts made. Here is one example logo, but this is for a company so we will need to design our own, with the LENR Forum prominently displayed. Can any of the mods get permission and are their any graphic artists that can help design the logo?

Image result for babblers logo

Images

• pasted-from-clipboard.png

I don’t know how many are Engineers on this Ecat World thread but I am sure some of them are and they evaluate it.

https://e-catworld.com/2018/06…urbine-with-the-e-cat-sk/

Sam I am an engineer and I made evaluations there but they usually are not posted. Do you understand that Frank highly edits this propaganda to only allow supportive posts? With only hearing one side of an issue, you can't come to a rational understanding. At least here in LENR Forum all opinions seem welcomed.

I believe Adrian is just arguing for the sake of arguing, or he is just pulling our legs. He can't say in one breath he hasn't made up his mind yet about Rossi, and in the next sentence that the commercial QX is "ready" and point to the ECW world posts as evidence. He won't answer any question that would prove incompetence (ex. my question if the 1 ohm resistor test really showed anything). He isn't really incompetent. He is just a debater for fun, and he is a master.

So with the SK operating at twice those temperatures it should be possible yo use it to power a gas turbine.

Here, in a nutshell, is the typical mind numbing discussions at ECW.

1. Rossi makes some claim without proof on JONP.

2. The people take him at his word, despite his many proven lies in the past (we have no reason to doubt?). If the claims are contradictory to old claims, it is ignored.

3. This information is extrapolated and morphed into extensions to the original claim, which suddenly become the new truth to the ECW faithful.

4. Someone asks him cryptically about the morphed claims, and he gives a one word or a couple of word answers, "yes", "confidential", etc.

A great example was the supposed food customer. Rossi said something off-hand about food production. Suddenly it became a large conglomerate, the identity of which everyone was guessing. And the Robots of ABB, how they suddenly became design partners. And if you ask for proof of the reality of any of these claims, your post is deleted.

as long as he is not able to convert from farenheit to celsius, there is not the slightest reason to believe anything he says.

To be fair to Rossi, it was converting between Kelvin and Celsius that was the problem. He has temperature in eV nailed though.

One thing I don't understand is how Rossi is able to "retrofit" with the turbine. The SK is already completed and out of manufacturing?

He has a "retrofit" kit? Can he retrofit the QX so that the COP is greater than 1?

The electrical power going into the QX was determined by the measurement of the 1 ohm resistor in series with the QX .

Adrian do you really in your brain (not your heart) believe that this 1 ohm resistor measurement had any validity as a measure of power input? Even disregarding the Rossi switch flip shenanigans? If so I find that astounding.

Despite being insulted over my lack of research and laziness, i started looking at some of the links that the belligerents sent. Seriously I am glad as I had not yet seen some of these links and i enjoy this subject. I do really think there is something going on in some of these experiments that warrants alot more study. However every researcher i checked into in these links seems to be dead or at least not involved in LENR. Is there anyone still alive who claims to be able to replicate LENR? I guess LION thinks so but he has not been of much help I guess. Axil completely understands the physics apparently (chiral polaritons etc) but is unable to replicate anything. But he can suggest to others to get fuel from other others. And then there is O day, what a joke. (Queue the insults now)

Pons & Fleischmann were successful and have since been replicated ~100 times,

Where did you get this 100 number? Do you have a list of the 100 replications? I would really like to read about them. Sounds like a made up number to me. Did you count them? If not, then why not just say 1000 replications? That sounds more impressive.

Andrea Rossi is a determined, hard working, intuitive inventor.

The QX ‘s output of 100 W is really too small for large industrial applications

So are you saying Rossi's incredible intuition failed him so badly that he couldn't realize that his QX "masterpiece" output would be too small, before shelving his previous higher power versions? Or was he just determinedly working too hard to realize it at the time?

The advancement of LENR know how has been near impossible in these last decades because of the profit motive that most experimenters operate under. No matter how hard these people work during their lives, their know how is lost to the grave. The open source LENR development method where all research progress is passed on to others to continue the work is the only way that LENR can advance and spead, and where this sucessful LENR research can be protected from loss, openly documented, and passed on to others.

I whole heartedly agree. But then why do you seem to support Rossi, who represents the polar opposite? Can you post this message on JONP and we can see his response?