gerold.s Verified User
  • Male
  • from Austria
  • Member since Feb 13th 2018
  • Last Activity:

Posts by gerold.s

The title of your project is "Optimization of an apparatus for creation and characterization of ultra-dense hydrogen – UDH – (ultra dense hydrogen)“.

Combining this with the EPFL project I would tend to think that this is not an energy reactor to produce the actual energy from UDH but this is rather part of an upgrade from the setup as seen on the webpage of EPFL regarding UHD developments. So, mainly aiming at the production of UDH.

However I don't see any Hydrogen provisions in this construction. So, I am a bit puzzled on what exactly this construction is used for. The only solution I see is that this is a module that can accept a small UHD reactor module as a kind of 'tube pill' that can be shifted into the central tube, which basically means this construction is served as a heat exchanger.

yes, correct we did optimize the existing design of the heat exchanger and especially found a new solution with the MACOR plugs on both sides which act as thermal and electric insulation for the heater unit. Inside the heater unit a ceramic tube is placed over the 10mm stainless steel tube (the reactor) which acts as insulation for the heater coil ( not shown in drawing). The heater wire is fed thru the MACOR plug on both sides. 2mm holes allow an AWG16 wire and thus more amps. This has also been a central project requirement, which could not be met so far due to space restrictions.

gerold.s Very good to see this kind of support and cooperation.

Is my understanding correct that the prototyping is performed by the students and teachers of your school and that the operational experiments are performed by LENR-Cars's engineers outside the student environment?

Yes, this is correct. We did a small design contest with students and reviewed it together with lenr cars. We took the most promising design and detailed it in 3D CAD. A partner company manufactured the stainless steel flanges in their apprentice shop. Some teacher colleagues took care of TIG welding and MACOR machining. I personally handed the manufactured equipment over. We have not been involved in experiments. However we had some interesting findings like high temp. metal gaskets, or MACOR.

Hello Community,

I am a teacher at a technical vocational school in Austria.

Since I accidentally "stumbled" on LENR in October 2017, the topic has never left me.

The fate of the two researchers Dr. Fleischmann and Dr. Pons was already known to me before, but I was not aware that research in "cold fusion" or LENR has still been going on.

I started researching and read myself into this extensive topic.

Over time I noticed that there is a "gap" between research and implementation / prototype design and manufacturing. I had the impression that many independent "small" researchers probably do not have enough options e.g. in metalworking ,(e.g. CNC turning, CNC milling, TIG welding, 3D CAD modeling, ...) prototype design and manufacturing.

We got in touch with LENR Cars SA (CEO: Nicolas Chauvin) and offered our support.

Luckily LENR Cars had an existing design for a "reactor" for a planned experiment, which needed some improvement.

For our school it has been an opportunity to work on a quite unusal project and we made an optimized design proposal and

manufactured a few "reactors", so that LENR Cars is now able to better carry out their experiments.

Thanks to N. CHAUVIN to be able to help!

Please refer also to attached overview info on our project.

I am just wondering how more promising an experiment can be to at least get above "thresh hold". Compared to the funds available, the request of DENEUM is peanuts. The whole process seems like a farce to me.

In some German speaking main stream media, your friends warning i.e. from IBOPROFENE or ANTI INFLAMMATORIES is currently considered fake news. I guess your friend is closer at the topic. "One million dollar question" who gives the right advice?

Maybe this is interesting... From time to time I use a plant as remedy for a bad stomach, fever or even when i have a strong cough. In german it is called meisterwurz (English: masterwort) It grows in the alps (and also in my garden) and i learned from my grandma and mother that this plant can be really helpful. It has a strong antibacterial and supposidly also antiviral effect. The attachment describes some of its benefits and it seems to be an universal remedy. (Unfortunatley only in german)

rather bad radio news this morning... more or less a lock down of northern italy - all of lombardia, milano, parts of veneto with venecia (red zone). According to news no one is allowed in or out. 10 million people are locked up. 1/6 of total population. Measures have been leaked too early and people tried to escape to southern, not so affected parts, of italy. Over 5800 infections in italy!

Maybe an ordinary malaria drug could help against COVID-19

I didn't check, if something similar has been posted yet on LENR forum!

Here is the link:

https://medonline.at/innere-me…nd-notwendige-massnahmen/

"....Ein herkömmliches Malaria-Mittel wirkt womöglich auch gegen das neuartige Coronavirus. Das Mittel Chloroquin, das in Österreich unter dem Handelsnamen Resochin bekannt ist, habe sich in einer klinischen Studie in China als wirksam gezeigt, sagte der Leiter des Instituts für Infektionskrankheiten in Marseille, Didier Raoult, am Dienstag. Das französische Gesundheitsministerium warnte vor Euphorie. Raoult beruft sich auf eine Untersuchung von drei chinesischen Forschern, die vor einer Woche in der Fachzeitschrift „BioScience Trends“ erschienen ist. Darin beschreiben die Wissenschafter eine klinische Studie mit mehr als hundert Patienten. In dem kurzen Text heißt es, dass eine Behandlung mit Chloroquin „wirksamer“ gewesen sei als die einer Vergleichsgruppe. Genaue Zahlen nannten die chinesischen Forscher von der Universität Qingdao allerdings nicht. Der französische Institutsleiter Raoult betonte, dies wäre eine „außerordentliche Nachricht“, denn das Malaria-Medikament sei sehr preisgünstig. Deutlich zurückhaltender äußerte sich der französische Gesundheitsminister Olivier Veran. Er sagte dem Sender BFM-TV, er stehe mit Raoult im Kontakt und sein Ministerium lasse die Wirksamkeit des Arzneimittels prüfen. Veran sprach von „interessanten Studien über die Wirkung im Labor“. Die klinischen Studien mit Patienten müssten aber noch bestätigt werden, betonte er. ..."

Gppg;e translate...

".... A conventional antimalarial agent may also be effective against the novel coronavirus. The agent chloroquine, which is known in Austria under the trade name Resochin, has been shown to be effective in a clinical study in China, said the head of the institute for Infectious diseases in Marseille, Didier Raoult, on Tuesday, the French ministry of health warned of euphoria, referring to a study by three Chinese researchers published a week ago in the BioScience Trends journal, which the scientists describe as part of a clinical trial more than a hundred patients. The short text said that treatment with chloroquine was "more effective" than that of a comparison group. However, the Chinese researchers from Qingdao University did not give exact figures. The French head of the institute Raoult emphasized that this was a " extraordinary news ”because the malaria med icament is very inexpensive. French Minister of Health Olivier Veran expressed himself much more reserved. He told BFM-TV that he was in contact with Raoult and that his ministry had the effectiveness of the drug checked. Veran spoke of "interesting studies on the effects in the laboratory". The clinical studies with patients still have to be confirmed, he emphasized.

maybe AlainCo you can find more info on this? Thanks

Lets just hope that this scenario is not anywhere close to reality! however if this is true, i don't think that an automotive hub like wuhan will be back online anytime soon. At least then major doubts regarding the official numbers are necessary. But maybe then it could already be (too) late. Disinfecting shipments from China would that be realistic? At least in german speaking (main stream) media it is not the major topic for now.

Morning can

No, I haven't read reports of HHO systems employing precious metal-coated sand grains before.

please refer to:

https://www.minotech.de/forsch…chnologie/heizen-mit-hho/

6. Sandheizung (sand heater)

"....Similar to the catalyst, the oxyhydrogen gas is passed by small platinparts. At this, the hydrogen reacts with the oxygen, giving off heat.

sand in turn is usually filled in a tube that is closed from the bottom to the connection of a HHO burner nozzle. ..."

or watch this video (only in German)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(ca. 25:00 - 37:00)

can I guess you know the reports on hho gas dry cell combined with sand heaters. The sand grains are alegdly coated with a metal catalyst (platinum). Unusal heat production is reported from such a System. This sounds somehow similar what you propose. Except of course the current thru the catalyst and initial heat.

Would a AC electrolysis or hho dry cell be a good idea to produce the gas needed on demand? What's about safety in such a Setup?

can I had a Beru cgp003 in mind. It is rather small with attachment thread M8x1. It is a ceramic glow plug and it can handle up to 1000°C with short time peak of 1300°C. It uses 7,7V DC and somewhere around 35A to 40A. So far I bought one to check how to attach it to stainless steel tubing, but I didn't do any measurements. As an insulation maybe macor is an option. It can handle up to 1000°C and stays stable, according to Wikipedia. 😉

As I already mentioned in a different thread converting this table top experiment into a practical reactor and the realistic concept to convert heat to electricity would be interesting to see. I assume that there are a few Engineering challenges ahead. Stainless steel is not sufficient enough in dealing with these high temperatures. I know that Russian engineers are briliant!