gerold.s Verified User
  • Male
  • from Austria
  • Member since Feb 13th 2018
  • Last Activity:

Posts by gerold.s

By using different calorimetric methods with different equipment would be at least one way we could reduce the possibilities of systematic error. I think there are good lessons to be learned. Thanks to all those who are providing input here.

So what you are saying..... you focus on thermal parameters only to identify a LENR process? Gamma spectroscopy, as an example, is no further measurement method of choice for your team?

In the Technology Museum of Vienna you're greeted at the entrance by a mock Perpetuum mobile. I have a fantasy of being greeted instead by a Mizuno-style reactor that warms my face when I come in on a cold day. In my fantasy most visitors take no more notice of the reactor than they do now of the Perpetuum mobile, but one day a professor of themodynamics demands that the "fake news" device be taken down

...that is exactly why the scientific community in German speaking countries (I am sure in others as well) doesn't want to touch the topic LENR... they are scared to look over the fence.

It is not enough, if just a few privatley

funded enthusiasts go after the topic.

Just try to purchase some chemicals or deuterium, no chance.

Or you have to become creative .....AND have some colleague supporters here on LF ;)

the ceramic insulation will have a large outgassing. Is the gasses from the ceramic insulation exposed to the active metal (nickel or whatever you have)?

or may use something like that:

Properties of Macor | Morgan Technical Ceramics

MACOR® Machinable Glass Ceramic (MGC) has a continuous use temperature of 800oC and a peak temperature of 1000oC. Its coefficient of thermal expansion readily matches most metals and sealing glasses. It is non-wetting, exhibits zero porosity, and unlike ductile materials, won't deform. It is an excellent insulator at high voltages, various frequencies, and high temperatures. When properly baked out, it won't outgas in vacuum environments.

"industry will come around once BrLP has something that works, regardless of the science"

If it is really such an important innovation that outclasses conventional fission, IMO the US government cannot or will not allow foreign influence or ownership by Investment. It will be a strategic advantage, that cannot be given away!

The cost is just around 8 USD per 100 grams but output power higher than Fission Reactors in respect to W/g..

That is definitly an heavy USP!

I just hope that such claims are not just dust in the wind, because fierce competition is around the corner.

For sure not wanting to loose a few billions USD in start-up investment.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I see from your post, he now admits doing LENR research at his Center of Emerging Energy Sciences (CEES) at the Texas Tech University Department he now heads up.

10+ FTE's, only working on LENR at ONE location (Texas Tech University)? What luxury.... !

Here in Europe I heared the story, just recently from a former Airbus employee, that the KIT (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in Germany) "... had no interest in replicating, testing or further developing (?) a LENR reactor, initially developed by Holmlid in cooperation with Airbus. ..." Unfortunatley key people at Airbus seem to be retired now and the know-how too!

how to fake statistics!

Australia / NSW - reporting scheme has obviously been changed, so no transparancy between vax. and unvax. group is possible.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In the drawing competition, you are not on head alone.... Now that you have proven to us that you know how to use a mouse, let's move on to the real world

my personal learning curve.... a neat design is one thing, a working experiment is a different ball game.

For our process, a simple quartz tube (better visibilty for gamma sensor) will do the job. 8)

Breakthrough in fuel cells for cars:: https://mainichi.jp/english/ar…30202/p2g/00m/0bu/032000c

Honda Motor Co. plans a new fuel cell vehicle for sale next year, packed with a fuel cell stack developed with General Motors Co. of the U.S., its general manager, Testsuya Hasebe, told reporters Thursday.

That will lower the cost of the fuel cell stack to a third of what it is now, he said.

in conjunction with this discovery, battery driven e-mobility could be obsolet already!

Direct seawater electrolysis by adjusting the local reaction environment of a catalyst - Nature Energy
    Direct seawater electrolysis is an approach to produce hydrogen from an abundant water source, but current catalysts face performance and durability…
    www.nature.com

the truth starts to surface more and more...

something to laugh at....