Posts by RussGeorge

Yup. The fire department, at least, would like to know what gas is in a bottle like this if they have to enter the premises during an emergency.

Nothing is right with this photo though! Here is a pressurized gas cylinder that is supported by a single twist of wire placed below its centre of gravity. That is dangerous. That is nuts.

And this sort of rule regurgitation is precisely why reductionst teaching and dutiful student mentalities/banalities are the death of inventive science. "Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison

Are you tracking the solar flare activity of the Sun vis-à-vis the synchronicities that appear in the emission cycles that you observe. Such synchronicities can be determined by accessing resent solar flare histories and matching those time frames up with your data,

image006.jpg

Is there a source/site where one can download such daily solar data for the past couple of months?

“We all have a thirst for wonder. It’s a deeply human quality. Science and religion are both bound up with it. What I’m saying is, you don’t have to make stories up, you don’t have to exaggerate. There’s wonder and awe enough in the real world. Nature’s a lot better at inventing wonders than we are.” ― Carl Sagan, Contact

How about them apples. http://atom-ecology.russgeorge…-ecology-and-cold-fusion/

An interesting development is that having posted a complaining response on E-CatWorld showing that the positioning of the latest E-CatWorld Post stating that Rossi has "never detected" radiation was false and misleading , along with a direct quote from Rossi contradicting his present claim of no radiation, followed by many others posting additional direct quotes from Rossi claiming radiation. I am now banned from E-CatWorld. That's an interesting development, I take it as a blessing as it saves me wasting anymore time there proseletyzing there on the virtues of lovely gamma radiation as proof positive of cold fusion being in hand and ready for technological delivery. It suggests that the E-CatWorld forum is yet another black hole of pious fan boyism and thus a plague on the world of science and nature. Perusing internet forums is like being in a Harry Potter movie where one can board magical trains on hidden platforms at Kings Cross station, some of those hidden platforms take you to the Hogwarts Express while others take you to the Troll Line which has more stops and delays than one can count.

Maybe you or Russ could at least reveal if deuterium is loaded electrolytically or it is dry cell?

Maybe you or Russ could at least reveal if deuterium is loaded electrolytically or it is dry cell?

Perhaps you could reveal your true identity so that it may be determined to whom the useful information you request be revealed is going. This so that a judgement can be made as to whether you can be trusted. Surely you don't imagine that anonymous nattering in the darkness of 'anti-social media' is going to be taken as an honest and earnest question. Show yourself and your work perhaps you have something worthy to contribute.

Talk about nonsense, I recall working in a tritium lab long ago where just outside the lab door there was a card table with chairs under a sign that read something like 'Tritium Exposure Treatment Station'. There on the card table was a deck of cards, and several 24 bottle cases of Coors beer. The instructions read, 'If exposed to tritium, sit down, drink the beer while you play cards." The wisdom of that practical and effective treatment station is that tritium will be bound as water in your body and thus flushing lots of water through your system will effectively cleanse you of the tritium.' Nothing quite makes for a lot of pissing than drinking copious amounts of 3.2 watery beer!

Two great pieces in this post.... 1. 'To learn you have to be inspired, ignorant, and smart' :) and, 2. 'Willfull ignorance', the hallmark of trolls and disgruntled children who refusing to learn, or rather only memorized, have grown into malcontent adults :(

The work Akito et al reveals is exciting to see as it fits well into the schema where the gentle movement of deuterons through complex materials yields predictable and consistent heat and energetic emission, my favourite are the lovely gammas. It is a great example of what happens when one produces complex atom-ecologies and lets deuterons in motion therein find the ideal locations for themselves where they are clearly observed by multiple means to engage in their unique cold fusion behaviour. That the thermal signature of this protocol is in the tens of watts range makes it a good petri dish on the path to engineering practical technologies.

The nature of science and the opponents to new discoveries is an age old problem. As Max Planck noted, "An important scientific innovation rarely makes its way by gradually winning over and converting its opponents: What does happen is that the opponents gradually die out." That die off takes time but it is inevitable.

If you find your learning curve in atom-ecology is proving difficult I recommend this appropos musical accompaniment https://youtu.be/mJag19WoAe0 ... Maxwell was prescient in his pioneering lo those many years ago, his silver magnetic hammer is proving ever so useful these days

OK. Perhaps the next blog entry on your atom-ecology site could address this?

Like ecology as a scientific discipline in a number of venues understanding it cannot be reduced to a sound byte but here's a try. My entire atom-ecology blog is directed at understanding my view on atom-ecology as a pioneering effort into understanding nuclear science not in the deminimus form that makes reductionist math simple but rather in the holistic form where myriad factors are engaged and as such this indeed does make simple/conventional math/physics nigh unto impossible as a definitive tool. Nucleosynthesis does not take place by virture of a marriage of two, creation of new isotopes comes about as a result of dirty complicated myriad interactions of many, heaven forbid. Take some inspiration from the ocean when during a particular phase of the moon the gametes from countless individuals amongst vast numbers of species are released into their common ecosystem/soup. The majority of nature prefers a rave to a romance in life and in nucleosynthesis.

A bit of time... sadly that era is over as more new reactor protocols are being baked. A second better Gamma Spectrometer has been ordered so as to provide a larger range as well as a coincident measure. The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. These words are the only sign of Frost as things are heating up.

While generally I am not a fan of Shanahan in this case I must admit I am. This argument by those who want to be seen as having the prominance to 'annoint' their choosen recipes vs. the proper discussion of how signal must be very dramatically above noise to have any credence, is at the heart of this writhing field. That's the reason for the now decades old sage advice/demand of showing the cold fusion/lenr nuclear fire be accompanied by nuclear smoke/ash. That quintessential smoke is abundant gamma rays orders of magnitude above the noise, and the ash ,4He, similarly orders of magnitude above the noise, in repeatable experiments that produce palpable heat. A measly ~1 watt in any experiment, let alone a 350 C device, is NOT palpable in anyones book. The discussion of whether this miniscule heat signal is buried in the noise is appropo, and the annointed ones and armchair annointers must be questioned with a proper WTF.

Here's a helpful reference.

obfuscation

ɒbfʌsˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/
    noun

the action of making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible. "when confronted with sharp questions they resort to obfuscation'

XSH and HAD, aka SSM, and much more with definitive gamma spectra to support! By my book that reads as several incredibly interesting things, to put it mildly... Oh yeah was it mentioned that this work is the replication of years of understanding produced through experimentation brought to Alan (and Martin's) lab so as to benefit from their faithful help, observation, and friendship. This work is just the the appetizer part of the full course feast, much like a fine pate' on Melba toast, thanks Melba ;)

Alan's very considerable brainpower as well as craftsman's hands and sensibilities is the reason I accepted his invitation to carry on the replications of my work in his lab which I judged was an appropriate 'peoples' venue. There I have intended to prove the practicality of the technologies that provide intense useful energy and irrefutable nuclear emissions that are common to those few who have been able to produce the cold fusion environments where the interaction of a great many nuclides defines a highly complex atom-ecology. Don't expect to immediately understand this complex ecosystem as conveyed via a series of tweets, unless of course you are of Trumpian inclination and tweets are all you can handle ;)

... "as the helium channels of experimentalists seeing the gammas would prove cold fusion via the dead experimentalist proof."

>>>

... "as the helium channels OR experimentalists seeing the gammas would prove cold fusion via the dead experimentalist proof."

thanks for the editorial help :)

You have me on that. I have messed up badly due to a imperfect memory. So there are two gamma capable systems. Be as it may, how are these systems to be explained?

There are MANY pathways in cold fusion based on my experiments and observations. 1. Most cold fusion reactions produce 4He where the energy must be coupled to the lattice in some coherent manner. This was proposed in the very first days of cold fusion and confirmed by many, the only two experimentalists who ever produced palpable heat and commensurate helium were Arata and myself. That is why he invited me to bring my sonofusion kit to his lab which I did under the terms that he'd show me his if I showed him mine. Both of our experiments produced vast amounts of helium orders of magnitude about the 5.22 ppm 4He found in the atmosphere. A few others have run experiments which yielded orders of magnitude lower helium and the argument over that helium being real cold fusion or a leak have never ceased. Helium is born in cold fusion as an alpha emission.

2. A much less prolific branch of cold fusion produces gammas and there are so many in the gamma forest that it will take considerable effort to identify they all. Some jump right out of the computer screen with obvious and understandable identities, luckily the gamma channels are not so prolific as the helium channels or experimentalists seeing the gammas would prove cold fusion via the dead experimentalist proof.

3. Neutrons are yet more proof of additional channels of cold fusion, it seems to me they are, thankfully, at a much lower level than the gammas.

4. There is growing evidence that will prove that the lenr reactions with ordinary hydrogen is explained by the trace deuterium found in ordinary hydrogen and the cold fusion atom-ecology propensity for mining and aggregating the deuterium in form and place for cold fusion to occur. Hint if cold fusion radiations is seen to be increased with titrated enrichment of deuterium into ordinary hydrogen LENR experiments, it is the deuterium not the protium that is the functioning nuclear fuel.

So what does the 30 year history of cold fusion demonstrate, 1. Most claims in the field have been artifacts. 2. Claims that are real are those rare ones accompanied by nuclear emissions. 3. Dogmatic reductionist scientific method can't see the forest for the trees. That is why a new scientific venue I have named atom-ecology is the productive path forward to cold fusion engineering.

A much better rendition of these ideas is to be found on my blog at http://atom-ecology.russgeorge…the-forest-for-the-trees/

Russ,

That may be the case from your own perspective, but keep in mind that all members here are "professionals" in their own special field. We are "doers" also. Accomplished. Few decided to pursue LENR, or Ocean Iron seeding like you, but we pursued our own dreams. No reason IMO then to denigrate them, and all the reason to embrace their opinions.

I do not denigrate all who are here on this forum, I would not be here if I did not value the useful ideas and brainstorming that takes place here. I have made a handful of fabulous contacts, even new friends because of this forum. Ces't bon la vie. But regarding those who seek self-engrandizement from their anon armchairs by belittling the work of people actually doing something do not deserve any treatment different than they dish out.

There is another level of analysis that Russ et al is not doing that is required to understand what is going on in LENR. Looking at instrument counts and tables of data only gets you so far. A detailed microscopic analysts of the LENR reactor structure and used fuel will show the quantum mechanical mechanisms that underlay LENR.

This post was original submitted in the Atom-Ecology thread and if not found there has been considered by the moderators to be a crazy idea.

More nonsense in the form of pointed insinuations which ignore my years of history working with the finest technologies in the world on detailed gross scale and microscopic materials science studies of known to be active cold fusion materials in before and after studies. Assisting me in my materials science pursuits of cold fusion have been many world class institutions and individuals. This ain't my first rodeo, nor do I sit in the stands and merely watch and make cat calls, the only way to learn rodeo is to ride. Yippie ki yay.

:)

For the sematic snipers out there squirming in their chairs - we measure 'heat in' as watts, but we track the total energy of the cold fusion reactions we produce and observe in joules, though since we have 1 second time resolution we can see the real time nuclear power produced in terms of joules per second for example.... wonders of wonders a joule second is known as a watt. Don't forget our multiple source gamma data also comes in every second matched to the rest of the data, including observed joules to megajoules of nuclear power. We will soon have 5 millon seconds/rows of data on just the present one experiment with its simultaneous 'control' which is version 2.0 of its ilk. This burgeoning data is forcing us to abandon the friendly Excel spreadsheets and dive into Python, ack the learning curve.

There are quite a number of 'dead cat/lion' experiments that led up to this one. As well there are now a growing number of weeks of intensive gamma spectroscopy spectrums ranging in spectrum durations from seconds to many hours. To say nothing of months of Geiger data. All in all the data collection is burgeoning to say the least. Within it, down to time slices as small as a few seconds, there is nothing short of a world of wonder to behold.

The glimpses shared here represent the decades long trail pursued relentlessly by me in my own labs and in my packing myself and my experimental kit off to spend weeks and months in labs of others around the world. Plently of top scientists from around the world have travelled to me to stand beside me at my own modest lab benches. The one thing that unites the honest and earnest men and women of science who have accompanied me on this journey is that the worthwhile work has seen more shoe leather than ass leather being worn thin in this quest. There are a few notable exceptions to my disdain for the armchair crowd amongst the theorists and thinkers that have made great contributions via testable suggestions that I/we have tested and confirmed. More than a few good friends have been made but sadly even more sniping, insinuating enemies as well, as this forum clearly illustrates, its easy to identify the friends and foes as it is a simple binomial nomenclature exercise in human-ecology that accompanies this foray into atom-ecology. Alas there is no 'reductionista' binomial nomenclature to make the science simple in atom-ecology as it has a very complex polynomial nomenclature to say the very least.

Recently someone, a 'professional' quipped, to put it nicely, about amateurs vs. professionals in this field. I have for 50 years worked as a professional in science, inside and outside institutions and government ministries, and in my experience I don't find the binomial classification of people into 'professionals' and 'amateurs' is either useful or appropriate. I classify people into 'those who can do' and 'those who cannot'. Sadly the population of 'those who can' do is a tiny slice of those who try, not unexpectedly that slice of 'those who can do' is many times greater amongst the population of so called 'amateurs' than is found amongst the 'professionals.'

The comments about the thermal characteristics of these experiments are rather far off. It takes 300-400 watts of heat in pulses to bring our reactors full thermal mass to any given set point temperature. The higher the set point the more pulses of full power. Once at that set point they sip power less frequently. With an extra source of power whether our cold fusion or a ohmic heater they sip much less both getting to the set point and sustaining it. That power in is measured on one second intervals to a fraction of a watt so we have superb resolution. The cold fusion reactions are robust to say the least, no one in their right mind would spend time and attention chasing the ~2 watts Jed tosses out. What a guy and always the narcissist he never misses the opportunity to demean and dismiss. The world doesn't need mere watts it needs kilowatts and megawatts and it is very clear that such values are very close to hand with the gammas and neutrons to prove it.

Naturally I have mocked up the no insulation hyper-thermal experiment that will sacrafice slow and low noise for fast big signal. Today we were putting together the data accquistion gear so it can soon be tested. It will have the advantage of removing considerable intervening 'shielding' that ought to have dramatic benefits to the gamma spectra captured. The problem of cold fusion has always been that the nuclear heat arrives faster than the thermal conductivity of the material that takes the heat away from its nuclear birth place can handle. Thus cold fusion when it is robust demands dilution of the reactivity of the fuel not enhancement of the fuel, lest the metals proximate to the cold fusion simply go past their boiling point and become very hot brilliant light plasmas. Little if any cold fusion occurs is such plasmas but plenty occurs in the boundary region. For fusion in a plasma Mother Nature provided the stars, for fusion in the rest of the cooler universe of solid state matter she provided 'cold fusion. There is not much that old girl has missed. It makes more sense to play it like Goldilocks, not too cool and not too brilliantly hot but ahhh... right.

Let's be clear and include the several replications of Lion that have been done in at least two labs thousands of miles apart. Inspite of duplicating apparent physical characteristics of high temperature copper oxidation chemistry that attacks all materials it is in contact with, NO heat, NO radiation, found by the two teams working to faithfully replicate with Lion's assistance and guidance. There is NO hard data to date that supports claims of Lion's having found heat in the 'Looking for Heat' test beds he has worked that included very capable Arduino data collection gear now clearly proven to be able to see heat and with considerable and capable help of the 'Looking for Heat" team. I hope Lion can do better and he surely must do better than to base the anomalous heat claims on characteristics of high temperature metal oxidation chemistry. Lion is to his credit a man who while remaining under the secret name in public has revealed his true identity and met in person with us repeatedly to help our efforts to replicate his work. The moral of this story is about the necessity of solid and sound data sets and data analysis being imperative in this field.

So where are the trolls, ne're do wells, cynics, outright haters, and henchmen of Rossi's competitors with regard to Parkhomov's apparently astonishing replication of Rossi's hot dry cat experiments. One old but skilled in the art retired Russian scientist working in his kitchen sink seems to deliver the truth that exposes the usual armchair miscreants and what they are worth. What say ye.

Did you ever read N&P standard physics papers ?? Mostly unsubstantiated stuff. Theory in average never matching experiment better that 98..99% or as much as a standard woodworker needs...

If you like to get better information, then start to work and present your ideas on a level where it will be taken as serious. Nobody will disclose something for people just writing tons of forums legends.

I for one find Wyttenbach's ideas not only fascinating but they are bearing up pretty well to testing against my unique set of real cold fusion gamma spectra. On top of that Wyttenbach is a true gentleman and a scholar who offers positive and constructive ideas backed by tangible assistance. He does not hide in the dark behind some fake name, that means he can be trusted. Thanks to this forum I now count him as a true friend.

A more perfect story of the corrupt Journal Nature could not be made... go ahead and read the defamatory lies published by Nature and then watch this truthful video that proves the Journal Nature is a despicable journal... https://youtu.be/swl-lFYLvpc . (edited out)... Alas this also proves that this forum is more trouble than it is worth.