Foks0904 Member
  • Member since Jun 2nd 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Foks0904

LeClair's process is not even remotely similar to what we've come to understand to be "Cold Fusion". LeClair's ideas interest me, but he says some pretty silly stuff now and again that make be doubt him. IDK what he's expecting to gain by claiming such a thing. CF-LENR does not produce dangerous levels of radiation. LeClair is achieving a novel form of bubble fusion, that while it occurs in a "low temperature" or "cold" environment compared to the sun for example, is very similar to hot fusion in that the nucleons seem to overcome coulomb force through sudden kinetic force, not through the type of slow, "dissipative" fusion that seems to be occurring in LENR cells/reactors. Whatever is going on in Rossi's machine, it certainly isn't producing dangerous levels of radiation.

Yes the whisker idea has always been tossed around as a possible catalyst, especially by DGT. I do think that while surface area is important, the topological character of the surface is important as well. More than likely nucleons require some sort of "trap" to cluster them together (whether magnetic, electrostatic, or something like Storms' nano-crack), that doesn't initiate chemical reactions in the material environment, and the surface area simply allows for higher loading and higher flux to coexist throughout the system.

It's really quite a conundrum for CF-LENR. You do as much lab work as is feasible given how the budgeting and political winds have blown these last 25 years, yet it's not only dismissed as being inadequate, it's dismissed as all being outright wrong. Not even worth pushing for a R&D project to investigate further and settle the matter once and for all. I can't believe I still see people floating around saying "CF-LENR doesn't even exist." Not just that Rossi is a crook. Not just that all the other commercial ventures are doomed. But that the F&P heat effect doesn't even exist. It's amazing. And they are very glib and self-assured about it all as well. It's quite telling of the egos and bigotry involved. There is so little peer reviewed research backing up skeptical opinions, it's laughable. Beside failed tests, which are simply the norm of any misunderstood scientific enterprise, there has been no criticism that has stood up to scrutiny. Lewis was wrong for several reasons (i.e. anisotropy in cells, insufficient loading, etc.). MIT wanted it to fail before the tests were even concluded. Morrison went for the old "cigarette lighter effect", and Shanahan has concocted a recombination Rube-Goldberg meta-explanation for why every cell in every experimental setup using every kind of calorimetry has been wrong...OK.

So yeah it's crazy that they always link the "invalidity of cold fusion effect" despite all the evidence to the contrary. It's an uphill battle for a reporter or anyone like Mats who thinks "Hey even if wrong, there's enough reason to investigate this further before we completely dismiss it!" And even if you don't yet "believe", there is too much impressive data to simply say "throw it all away". No. Let's invest some real money into this field for once and this time make sure all scientists conducting the research have the relevant data in hand (i.e. loading ratios, metal hydride purity, current density, length of wait time, waveform considerations, co-deposition, metal hydride topology, hydride surface area, NAE, etc.).