Very large shadow Member
  • Member since May 12th 2018
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Very large shadow

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax is not a reliable source of information.

He has been banned all over the internet for attacking and harassing people.

There is a factual page at Rationalwiki that documents his eccentric internet behaviour:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abd_ul-Rahman_Lomax

In early 2018, Lomax was globally banned by the Wikimedia Foundation for doxing users (he was hosting Wikipedia users addresses and post-codes on his blog and he still does this). He also doxed and harassed a prominent astronomer who is a Wikipedia editor.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Abd

You can see the ban template on Abd's account. Less than 30 people in the world have ever been banned by the Wikipedia Foundation (there have been millions and millions of users).

To this day Lomax claims he was "innocent" and "framed" by a group of cold fusion skeptics who were out to get him, which is a lie.

I have seen Lomax pick fights with people and insult people on the internet for years but on no occasion does he ever actually man up and admit to his mistakes, he always has to blame others for his online abusive or erratic behaviour.

My understanding is that Lomax is not a scientist. He has no science education or degree. On his blog he pokes fun at people for having a lack of science education but he has no degree in anything himself.

A common scare tactic Lomax uses online to threaten people is that he is going to "sue people" or open a lawsuit against people who have merely criticized him in some way, but it is always "I am going to", "I am planning to". He says he is going to sue the Wikimedia Foundation for banning him but I doubt this will ever happen. You can't sue someone for banning on a public wiki. It is laughable that he thinks otherwise.

Does anyone else know anything about this eccentric Lomax character? Apart from getting banned all over the web, what else is he involved with? He claims to be a cold fusion expert but his knowledge about the subject seems to be lacking from the podcast interview.