Iklwa Member
  • Member since Sep 13th 2018
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Iklwa

@JohnyFive ,

I think you are wasting your time nothing will convince people to freely share their life work to anonymous "nobodys" like Russ said earlier in this thread he is looking for people with credentials and morally worth it by his standard.

"Once heat have been found" patents have to be filled thinking the contrary is naive and i don't blame them for it but the argument that no disclosure can be made before more confirmation on mesurements is BS.

Let's just hope that esoteric almost cryptographic language of your patents protect you long enough from anonymous minds.

The sad thing about it is that while some people are stuck in irrational fears and ego problems the last and maybe more meaningfull and rewarding industrial revolutions are happening on platforms like github , reddit or other open source platforms and driven by sometime anonymous nobodys that sometimes are neither trained in the field nor in some cases have any credentials to show for.

This field is marginal and will remain so no matter the theory the proof the evidence until people understand what really matter in innovation in the 21 century.

I call what i see here the Wright brothers syndrome.

i am not an expert but i routinely sputter various substrate with nickel ,chalcogenides like GeSbTe gold etc.. To build prototype Neuromorphic circuits. I have never seen anything exotic about the lattice size or structure on nickel neither with SEM nor with STM.

The hollow cathode seems to be important during the electrolysis that is doing something not far from "co-deposition" wit Ni/H as Spawar did with Pd/D.

Are you sure that what you call the "hollow cathode aka sputtering target" is the same cathode in the electrolysis that released heat or is it the substrate with ZrO2 with nickel and whatever else trapped inside. I am a bit confused by the video. The ZrO substrate is not the hollow cathode.

Another key idea seems that he used a setup similar to "hollow cathode" , said to enforce higher than normal compression of deposited Ni...(I don't understand well what it mean)

Wow thanks AlainCo for the video link.

Yes It is cathodique sputtering.

The hollow cathode technique because of the magnetic field shape allow better efficiency in the sputtering less mess in the chamber and uniform coating. it is a standard sputtering method. I dont know if it has anything to do with Didier observations.

I am not sure how Didier formed what i believe to be "UDH" without hydrogen in the chamber but my hypothesis is that it is what he activated during electrolysis later on. "UDH" was already present in the substrate.

The goal in this experiment is not primarily sputtering the substrate But load ing the target with "UDH" and activating it. the goal of the substrate is to provide the hydrogen.

although the substrate might be eventually coated with the target material and trapped "UDH".

Honestly i have no theory so i am not even sure about UDH that's out of my league just an observation .

Comme on dit "un accident industriel".

The setup is less than a $100 if you exclude the vacuum chamber vacuum machine , the argon. A lot less if you salvage a microwave oven and its idiot proof most people can built it.

Wyttenbach

I attempted to give a quick look at it but I'm afraid that the model is too high-level for me to fully appreciate. I think most people here will be interested in the practical aspects for LENR experiments

Maybe irrelevant maybe not. Why don't you try if you can a pickle jar dc magnetron sputtering machine like this

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    . no hard vacuum required if any. just hydrated nickel substrate in argon atmosphere on a lithium/nickel target and mesure for radiation.

But I don't understand what you actually wish?

Hmmm. Maybe there are not just Alphas.

your alpha detector can only see Alpha but your pancake detector can see more. My question is if you shield the activated paper to block alphas, Do you still see other radiations with your pancake detector? I trying to see if there is more than Alphas and eventually see if they are secondary emissions.

UPDATE: Today I received Am-241 source for a proper calibration of the Alpha scintillation probe. Calibration was performed carefully and correctly now.

After next measurement with this probe I am finally getting clearly elevated counts. So at this moment I can say there are Alphas with 90% probability. I have to perform more measurements tomorrow to be certain. Well, with no source there is zero at background. Maximally 3 counts per minute.

With activated paper at the probe I am getting 30 counts per minute. This is roughly 10x background. But more measurement is required...

Comparing to Am-241 it is nothing but interesting!

JohnyFive can you shield the activated paper with something that blocks alpha and test to for radiation with your original pancake detector in order to see if there is more than alpha?

Also, I will like to know of you maintain your hypothesis about the fact that EM stimulation is required for the effect.

I am still waiting for radiation detectors to try but your feedback will be helpful.

My understanding is that you are temporarily trapping the "UDH or radiation source" in a porous substrate. You suggested the pancake detector because you couldn't see the radiation with another detector. You suspected ALPHA partially because of the thin mica sheet of your pancake detector. Now that you tested for ALPHA you are suspecting a passive fuel "UDH" is being generated by electrolysis and activated by some kind of trigger. Before going toward a dry cell why not check if the fuel can be trapped by sealing or laminating the substrate? If it's UDH and it's producing muons when triggered the substrate doesn't need to be placed inside the cloud chamber and can still be stimulated by the pancake detector outside of the chamber.

EM stimulated paper in a cloud chamber is not a problem. I don't understand how you see a potential problem, if well built.

No amount of instrument will give you more insight than a cloud chamber about the nature of the radiation. I am working on replication ASAP (ordered material waiting for it to be shipped ) my questions are about small things that can be helpful in preparing for the replication and gathering tools.

Good to know that Titanium was your first choice.

Now that Alpha radiation seems to be "ruled out" something that will be very helpful will be to try to laminate the paper and see if it traps the source of radiation longer. That will also help eventually with the cloud chamber.

I guess sarcasm is difficult to express by text. I have no doubt he is some kind of a fraud just by his behavior. I can't be 100% sure he has not observed something but I am confident he doesn't have what he claimed to have.

I don't use any titanium or nickel foam.

I meant Titanium flakes. I apologize for the confusion English is not my first language sometimes I mix words.

I assume you used the Titanium flakes because of the surface area as well. That's why I was wondering if you tried something else before deciding to settle on titanium flakes. As for nickel foam by that I really mean high surface area nickel, I was wondering if you tried it. The reason I ask is to help pinpoint the source of the phenomena. anyway I am about to try those combinations on my experiment.