steppenwolf Member
  • Member since Feb 5th 2019
  • Last Activity:

Posts by steppenwolf

I would advise Mats against it though, since you only want him here for fishing and "honey pot" purposes. His current approach of "not feeding the trolls" and instead sharing his opinion on his blog (which is read by everyone interested in the topic anyway) is way smarter.

Had it worked they could have raised > $100M, paid Rossi off, and gone on to disrupt industry.

Of course, of course... anyone can do that... Start a blog about it - tell the world and the $$$ will line up... maybe call those brits... or chinese... ... Wait... I'm trying to recall something I've heard about ...

He did not - he fought so hard to get his $100M. When it was clear that would not happen (or at least the risks of being convicted of perjury balanced that) he gave up.

BS

It was most probably IH who accepted the settlement at the last second. They were gaming on Rossi pulling out earlier but he didn't - so in the end they had to accept giving all IP back.

Rossi must fight for the IP. It is the only thing that keeps the Rossi story going. It is secret, and only Rossi is smart enough to apply the IP to any system he tries, and make it work. Any and all physical proof of the operability or inoperability of his IP must be destroyed. All obsolete devices must be destroyed. As much data as possible characterizing the IP must be destroyed, or even better, never recorded. All records of fuel recipes must be destroyed. All objects that contain or once contained the fuel must be destroyed. The IP is what makes Rossi Special, and proves that he is smarter than anyone else, deserving of adulation by the whole world. Even if the IP is a fantasy, because even then Rossi has fooled almost the entire world, showing what a genius he is and how much smarter he is than even respected, lettered physicists and doctors. Plus it keeps the bills paid, selling nothing tangible in regards to IP, renting out dreams, and collecting some real cash every now and then.

... please have a glass of water para and relax for a second - you're having one of those seizures again ... :D

I have no clue what you are worrying so much about. If there is no IP (as you believe in such a violent manner), Rossi will of course never sell a single kWh of heat. So you will be absolutely safe... If on the other hand; if there is viable IP there are also viable explanations for the actions he have taken to protect it. And you will still be safe - maybe even better off, unless of course you are somehow invested in something that will not benefit from cheaper energy... ?

btw. if it was the cash, why would he even bother to be active? IH paid him $11M already - should be enough for a relatively comfortable retirement?

why did he abandone that very same Doral IP immediately after the settlement?

Maybe because he during the container-year developed a substantially more reliable and scalable method/product operated on demand by electrical input, rather than liquid flow/heat (with considerable lag), process control?

That has been the argument for those who think Rossi has something. Why did he fight so hard to regain full control of IP that does not work?

On the other hand; why did he abandone that very same Doral IP immediately after the settlement? For good measure, he disassembled the 1MW plant, put the empty container outside in the parking lot, then vacated the warehouse....all before Lewan interviewed him. Told us the customers did not want it anymore, which was a surprise to Engineer48, who had 3 lined up ready to buy.

Because those MW plants were a nightmare to operate. It obviously took about 1 Rossi operator per plant to keep them running (more or less on intuition). It was simply not a scalable solution.

kevmo,

IH first bought the 1MW plant from Rossi for $1.5 million as a good faith gesture. $10 million was then put in escrow, to be released upon the successful completion of the Validation Test (VT) on 30 April 2013, followed by the turning over of all Ecat IP to Darden. The total paid was $11.5 million, and keeping it simple, that $11.5 million bought IH the 1MW plant, and the IP.

The $89 million would have been paid for a successful 1 year test, but by then the IP was already IH's.

Putting it that way it is really easy to understand why IH would rather want Rossi to deliver the full IP before the MW test was finished. Actually in that case there would be very little upside in Rossi doing it at all... And no doubt Rossi figured it would be pretty stupid to deliver the full IP before the test was finished and paid for. ... Ooops.... Sort of reminds me of something... ;)

That does not change anything. It has nothing to do with me agreeing or not. You are the one accusing Rossi of criminal behaviour. You should prove it. Otherwise you are the criminal one.

Yes, I am 100% certain he lied under oath, about the heat exchanger and many other technical details. The heat exchanger could not possibly have existed. There is overwhelming proof of that. I am also 100% certain the reactor did not produce 1 MW as he claimed.

I did not read his testimony about contracts or business, so I wouldn't know about that. I only read the technical testimony, and the reports by Penon, Murray and Smith.

That is a very serious accusation. Libelous? If true it would be a slam dunk for IH to prove it and put Rossi in jail (which they would no doubt have enjoyed - and they obviously spent a lot of money trying). But i didn't happen. Did it? So, to me, it looks a lot more like more You are guilty of libel than anything else.

The legality is not the issue. It is extremely unlikely he will be prosecuted for lying in a civil case. The issue here is that the statements make him look bad and endanger his own case. You seem to think that person will lie when lying makes it likely he will lose a legal case and lose millions of dollars, where telling the truth would help his case and protect the money. Explain why you think anyone would do that.

People usually lie to get something for themselves, not to deliberately lose a fortune. Explain why you disagree. Give us some examples of people who lied in order to destroy themselves.

OMFG! People lie for many reasons, good or bad ones, stupid ones. Logical ones even totally incomprehensible ones. I know that. That has nothing to do with it. The simple and only important question here is if You are Accusing Rossi of lying under oath?

No, I do not get that sense at all. He often lied through his teeth, for example when he described the non-existant heat exchanger. In a few cases, when he knew they had overwhelming evidence against him, he admitted to things which were not so pretty for him.

You get that sense because you are in thrall to Rossi. You cannot bring yourself to face reality or admit you have been deceived. "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - attributed to Mark Twain.

Are you accusing Rossi for lying under oath?

t's not "convenient" to place higher credibility to self-admitted inculpatory evidence.

Of course it is.... Maybe not in the sense that these statements are credible - of course they are - but in the sense that it enables you to both eat the cookie and keep it for later - since you can continue to accuse Rossi of lying in a lot of other cases when it is exactly as illegal as in the case mentioned. As I said the most logical and reasonable explanation is of course that Rossi is telling the truth in his deposition. All of it. No exceptions. Since everything else is criminal.

This is not a psychological assessment. It is a logical conclusion. Sane people seldom lie to hurt themselves, or to deliberately lose large sums of money.

The by far most logical conclusion is of course that Rossi simply told the truth in his deposition. All of it. Not doing so would result in an enormous risk of him going to jail. It is so funny to watch you guys dance around this elephant in the room. :D

No, I didn't say that, did I? However I implied that "deposition evidence submitted to a federal court under penalty of perjury when the evidence provided is adverse to the party but provided by that same party" can reasonably considered factual.

You didn't answer what you consider such evidence to be though. What would you call that type of evidence, since you seem to object to categorizing that as factual?

Ok. So you simply take the convenient position (as the Jed) that allows you to choose when Rossi is telling the truth or not according the the narrative that suits you the best? Or do you mean it is somehow more criminal to lie about something that goes against your interests than something that is to your advantage?