Daniel_G Member
  • Male
  • Member since Apr 10th 2019
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Daniel_G

Let's say I develop a car that doesn't need fuel. Its so cheap to drive you will leave your gasoline powered car in the garage and use this one, naturally. However, the caveat is that it works randomly, not when you want it. The fuel-less car turns a lot of heads as you drive and you love that you don't have to pay fuel. The price was right so the first days its so fun to drive around. Then it happens. It stops working. Luckily, you didn't yet sell your old petrol powered car. So reluctantly, you get in the old beast, fire it up and go about your business. After work that day, you have a conversation with your wife, "Honey, I think I have to keep the old car, in case the new car stops working when we need it." The wife is saying that the argument you made to buy the new car was how much money you were going to save but now you have to keep two cars, two payments instead of just one. So even you are using less fossil fuels in your transportation needs, your costs just went up by factor two as you have to pay the loan and maintain two vehicles instead of one. Predictably the wife is not happy with this new setup and starts complaining why we have to pay the loan and maintenance costs on two cars instead of one. Where are these savings every news outlet in the world is talking about? Welcome to the brave new renewable world! Germany has the highest percentage of electricity powered by renewables and they also have the highest retail cost for power in the EU. This simple story explains why. Until we find a dispatchable power source, costs will never go down. The dream of cheap renewable energy is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

It’s with deep sorrow and a heavy heart that I inform you that Prof. Mizuno’s dearly beloved wife passed away early this morning despite the herculean efforts of Mizuno and his entire team. As his most ardent supporter, Naomi played a significant role while Mizuno faced professional ridicule and financial hardship to advance his dream to create practical lenr technology. We had plans to move her to SE Asia to receive experimental therapy but the obstacles created by the covid crisis were too much to overcome. This is the second death of a close loved one within one week for him. Please send your prayers. While nobody could ever replace the loving support of the amazing woman she was, it would be a nice gesture for those of us in this forum to let Dr. mizuno know that we have his back.

Thank you all.

It’s with deep sorrow and a heavy heart that I inform you that Prof. Mizuno’s dearly beloved wife passed away early this morning despite the herculean efforts of Mizuno and his entire team. As his most ardent supporter, Naomi played a significant role while Mizuno faced professional ridicule and financial hardship to advance his dream to create practical lenr technology. We had plans to move her to SE Asia to receive experimental therapy but the obstacles created by the covid crisis were too much to overcome. This is the second death of a close loved one within one week for him. Please send your prayers. While nobody could ever replace the loving support of the amazing woman she was, it would be a nice gesture for those of us in this forum to let Dr. mizuno know that we have his back.

Thank you all.

Yes the only thing I would add is that all of the public information is quite old and not related to what we are now doing so there may be been some overlap with some very dated Mizuno technology but today there is no longer any overlap. I hope this clarifies.

Really. I gues you lost safe ground. Germany's share of renewal is > fossil!

Wyttenbach you are not following the story here. Alan's post was referring to the SCAM of LCOE calculations which are exactly analogous to the sub-prime repackaging of bad debt to make it look better. Under this analogy its like you are saying but look at all the houses being sold, while ignoring the fact that this bilking of investors is creating a bubble that will take down a major part of the global economy. Again the solution is for intermittent energy sources to pay for their own back up. Now they are stealing that money which is future revenue from other investors.

That's not how this works. The transistor/vacuum tube comparison is fallacious. Investment is utility companies is based on 20-30 year future revenue projections. They raise cheap money based on the relative stability of this future revenue. If your analogy were true, the fossil fueled dispatchable infrastructure would be mothballed and the solar and wind would take over. That would be progress. The big scam here is the those investors that invested in future revenue for the CCNG plants are in effect subsidizing the "renewable" investors who my any logical thought process should be required to cover for their own intermittency. But the renewable investors export those costs on the backs of the fossil fuel utility investors. The renewables essentially are allowed free reign on replacing future revenue from what used to be a safe low-interest, low risk investment. It is exactly this dissincentivization of grid reliability that is the true cause of the Texas debacle. As for Germany yes they lead in two areas: percentage of energy produced by renewables as well as they lead with the highest retail energy cost in the EU. How do you explain the discrepancy? If renewable energy is so cheap, then why do retail prices increase as non-dispatchable share increases. When renewables can pay for their own remittency then the market will work properly. Now the retirees that put their money in safe utility stocks are being taken for a ride. I am aware that some people think in anrather Machiavellian way, that anything that disincentivizes future non-renewable investments is a good thing and a necessary pain but my argument is more pragmatic. Just as Germany's case shows the economics are not yet worked out, so does the Texas case show that RELIABILITY is the 500lb gorilla in the room that everyone is conveniently ignoring in the name of a more green future. I don't like "solutions" that export problems to others. A true solution has to be a win-win for everyone. We just aren't there yet and that's why we think LENR is going to be the key solution that really ticks all the boxes. If you are OK with the house taking advantage of the little guys, then we just have to agree to disagree.

This just bolsters my previous post that the renewable energy scam is doing nothing more than cannibalizing existing energy infrastructure. Its the new Enron/Sub-prime scandal for the 21st century that makes those look like child's play. Hiding the cannibalization in false assumptions in the LCOE calculations is the neat trick they are playing to turn the odds in favor of the house.

Mizuno has never been a staff of Clean Planet. Clean Planet raised funds from third parties making such claims and we have sent cease and desist letters to them while they continued to use Mizuno's purported association with them to raise money on false pretenses. We fully expect criminal charges to made against CP and Yoshino in the very near future. I will make an official announcement here once those are made.