benbarrowes Verified User
  • Member since Jun 27th 2019
  • Last Activity:

Posts by benbarrowes

We do have a new report of 2 more successes in addition to Desireless. They are both Japanese companies, one getting COP1.5. With the lifting of restrictions, Mizuno and his team have become very active. They arranged for Zhang to work with one of the European replicators. 10 reactors are being readied to ship for others to use, including one for our Alan S. Commendable considering Mizuno's wife is being treated for cancer.

Things are moving again thank goodness. If Magic sees signs of LENR, I think that could stir the field up, and many more serious replicators will jump on the bandwagon.

Edited to be more accurate.

Shane D. - Can you give us an update on replication efforts? It has been 6 weeks since we heard.

Who are the "2 more successes" ?

Is Desireless's replication legitimate?

What about these two Japanese companies?

What about that company working with Mizuno who posted an outdated picture and wants investors?

Zhang? European replicators?

10 reactors shipped to others including Alan S.?

Magicsound?

During the loading and monitoring phase, the Mizuno paper states (p11): "Loading is measured by monitoring gas pressure with a precision meter (ULVAC, GCMT G-Tran ISG-1). When a cell is left with no nickel reactant for several weeks, pressure does not change significantly..."

Does this mean that the vacuum pump is off during this time? Is the tightness of the system so good as to have no leaks so that one can turn the vacuum pump off and have the pressure not rise significantly for weeks with no vacuum pump running?

And then again on p17, it says "Set the deuterium gas pressure to between 100 ~ 300 Pa." Is this also with the vacuum pump not running?

It sounds as if the vacuum pump(s) are not running during these steps, but I want to confirm.

Jed,

Can you confirm that once deuterium gas (step (1) after "To produce excess heat:" ICCF22) to 100-300 Pa, you then close off the deuterium supply, and then never let in more gas... is that correct?

And that step is the first time the Ni/Pd mesh is exposed to the deuterium gas, correct?

It seems that between the ICCF21 paper and the current ICCF22 paper, there were some changes in method that I want to ask about.

In the ICCF21 paper, page 11 and 12, the meshes are: 1) cleaned, 2) sanded, 3) placed in the reactor, 4) pressure brought down to .01Pa (room temp) for 2h, 5) heated at 110C for 5-20h. Then the meshes are 6) removed and 7) Pd is rubbed on, then 8) heated for 1-2h (to 110C?), and 9) cooled for 1-2h. After this, when the reactor is heated (to 100C?), it should 10) produce excess heat. I assume the temperatures are from the thermocouple on the surface of the reactor.

In the current Iccf22 paper, page 17, it states, "After a) cleaning [and b) sanding] apply the palladium with ... c) rubbing..." Then d) place meshes in the reactor at 1-2Pa for 2h, e) heated to 110C for 5-20h, f) pressure to 0.01Pa (unspecified length of time), g) heat to 200C for 1-2h, h) cool 1-2h, i) introduce deuterium gas so that pressure becomes 100-300Pa, j) heat to 100C (using 50W of input power?) via sheath heater, then the reactor should k) produce excess heat.

Questions:

When/how is the deuterium introduced in the ICCF21 paper?

Why did the step order of Pd rubbing change from ICCF21 paper (step 7) to the ICCF22 paper (step c)?

Why did the 0.01Pa step change order (from step 4 to step f)?

In step j) should 50W from the sheath heater result in 100C on the reactor outside wall measured via the thermocouple?

If I understand what Jed has written above, between steps i) and j), the deuterium supply should be cut off. Forever? Did R20 produce excess heat for months with no deuterium supply?

Could you give some clarification regarding the text on page 11 of ICCF22? More details on the one time procedure described to "confirm the material is more permeable than ordinary nickel".