mjtrac Member
  • Member since Jul 9th 2019
  • Last Activity:

Posts by mjtrac

What are your thoughts on a mob that cheers on some old man to do something for their amusement that will eventually ruin him?

That is the only important question remaining as regards Rossi. I guess the e-cat web site has provided some advertising income to its owner, and people can feel smart by laughing at it. It's all pretty sad, but an eloquent testimony on how little trust remains for so-called "elites:" none.

The intense danger implicit in LENR is now clear, following the 12/9 Rossi Revelations. No, it's not the impact this will have on the stock market and the United States government, that's small potatoes, going by vice presidential spelling.

I am therefore founding CPEVO; the Committee for the Preservation of Exotic Vacuum Objects. Given the way society has fumbled fossil fuel, it is not too soon to worry about exhausting the vacuum.

PRESERVE THE VACUUM.

I accept all donations, until the CIA, NSA, or MI6 freezes my bank accounts.

PRESERVE THE VACUUM.

Do you think Dyson will become a sponsor?

P.S. Apologies for my past complaints about humor attempts.

I don't understand how my logon name, which is 3 words and a book from a series I like, and is relevant here, is comparable to Rossi's boolean 1 word smug yes/no answers to serious and important questions? Can you explain more this "glass houses" reference?

Sure. Although you may not see the humor in the "...for Dummies" titles and the resulting "...for Dummies" usage, I believe it is intended as humor, rather than insult. You've chosen a humorous "fib" as your user name here. Of course, it's always possible that the series is actually intended for people who view themselves as dumb.

I guess, if you think smug, obnoxious, one word responses are funny.

If the person asked "how many", His Jerkiness would say "premature".

Another funny retort.

Or if, like many, you like to soften a non-answer with standard humor, by intentionally interpreting a loosely-framed question literally as "do you know this answer" rather than as a request for a value. Smug and obnoxious to some are funny to others. My husband can't stand Jon Stewart, I think he's funny. I note that your name at this site is "Physics for Dummies," and I'm tempted to mention glass houses.

>Do you have a current count of the pre-orders for SKLed?

>Yes.

Actually, A.R.'s reply on that is kind of funny. Badabing badabang!

The number of pre-orders is kind of irrelevant, unless you think a million people are going to buy something without having tested it themselves.

Rossi does not claim to be working with LENR and I doubt that LENR researchers consider Rossi to be a colleague. Leaving the snark aside, as you say, whatever it is that Rossi claims to be doing, it is not LENR.

Rossi, like LENR/CECR/ZPE/ElectricSun/WhateverYouLike researchers, believes (or pretends) that he has observations that are not accepted by the mainstream physics community. I leave it to those with FAR more understanding of modern physics than I possess to sort the acronyms out. It does seem clear that there is a spectrum, with many researchers honestly convinced of their observations while others may simply have learned how to part people from their money. Certainly old allegations of fraud are relevant. But the particular acronym assigned to a project is barely relevant in a situation where there is no firm theoretical foundation that reliably and successfully explains the observations asserted.

What field do you think Rossi’s efforts are in? (Also a real question.)

Leaving the snark aside, and as you know, he claims to have the ability to produce heat, light, and electricity using approaches not acknowledged by mainstream physics. Not unlike just about everyone in the LENR field. Assuming for the moment that he is unable to do this, his attempts to sell his products will not succeed.

I am watching Brilliant Light Power's claims as well. They boil a mean pot of water, don't they? Assuming for the moment they are able to do what they claim, I expect their attempts to sell their products would succeed.

I am watching Brillouin's claims as well. Assuming for the moment they are able to do what they claim, I expect their attempts to sell their products would succeed.

At the moment, based entirely on the lack of huge crowds of venture capitalists, I assume NO ONE in this field has anything anywhere close to commercialization. So for someone to be singling out Rossi as a fraud seems a bit rich. When there's a satisfactory demonstration, by ANYONE, of the production of commercially relevant "excess energy," that might be the time to make fun of those who are believed to be frauds.

For myself, I've tended to assume Rossi hasn't got anything. But my disgust is hardly limited to Rossi. What about the Japanese guy who heated his living room for a winter using his project, but then decided to take it apart?

It may be worth mentioning that one reason the e-cat site seems heavily populated by "sock-puppets" may be the tight moderation the site engages in. I've found that you can ask questions to a point, but any assertions that something is unlikely to work are prevented from appearing. I'm not sure that's all that unreasonable. In any event, if there's a there there, it will eventually be a there here, so I don't see much point in making fun of Rossi's efforts. It's not as though they are taking away from other efforts in the field, are they? (Real question.)

If Rossi could only get donald trump as his salesman, I'm sure both would do well, until someone needs to go to prison. trumpers would snap them up, and you might get repeat sales if you firmly insisted that they were producing the spec'd power, regardless of what naysayers said. Four Seasons Heat, Light, and Power, Inc.

Gather all the Rossi accolytes aboard the ship and aim it at Mars. If the ecat works as promised, the ship will arrive safetly, and return afterwards.

Cruel and expensive. Perhaps it would be nicer to put Rossi (or any of our other commercially-inclined saviors) down a 1,000 foot deep mineshaft with an electric elevator to be powered by one of their proven devices? Retrieve them in 48 hours if they can't get the elevator working.

If I've correctly understood the latest post on e-catworld, then the Nov. 25th demo will not need to be connected to an external source of power (the device, it is claimed, can generate sufficient electricity for its own needs and additional external loads). A demonstration that is not connected to an external power source will, at least, be easier for external examiners to check. If he runs the thing, with the continuous presence of observers, for long enough to rule out conventional power sources... oh, it would be so nice if this were to turn out to be true. I guess the odds are similar to those of donald trump's election fraud claims turning out to be true, but at least the e-cat would be a good thing for humanity.

Do you have a reference for that? The reason I ask is that the proof for cold fusion in the patent application in an earlier quote from me in this thread is based on the existence of supermagnetic atoms. My best explanation of how atoms become supermagnetic is based on states of hydrogen that are time dilated and space-contracted. In essence an abundance of these atoms could make a rock with a higher gravitational factor, R.

I'm afraid my initial assertion was located near my abductor pollicis, which was up my culus at the exact moment I reached my conclusion. However, should I further enhance my theories, you will be among the first to know. I have no personal knowledge or mathematical understanding of either time-dilation or space-contraction; I merely spin a good yarn.

How I would love to see a story featuring someone from the "Middle Ages" who claimed some rocks could oppose gravity, pulling other objects up towards themselves, but who was unable to determine why it only worked with some rocks.

Perhaps it could also include some rock peddlers, and authors of various anti-gravity proto-physics theories, as well as representatives of the world's religions, ready to chime in on God's opinion of anti-gravity, and why it is most likely to prove a tool of Satan.

Personally, I think there must be an explanation for rocks pulling objects towards themselves, but I'm not sure any of the anti-gravity theories are as certain as their authors claim. I think it must be a new form of gravity itself, the one fundamental force of the universe. We all think gravity is solely related to mass but, obviously, mass simply correlates with a gravitation factor in most matter, and some matter has, for reasons unknown, a great concentration of gravitation factor. It would be wonderful if we could harness it.

If Dr. Mills has what he claims, human greed will ensure its widespread distribution. I don't think the typical CEO would decline to buy a hen laying golden eggs if they satisfied themselves that the hen was real but owned by someone with low people skills. The only thing, IMO, preventing any of these technologies from being implemented is that no one seems to be able to prove to a capitalist's satisfaction that they are real. Companies have been pouring money into battery and fuel cell research, and would pour money into this if they thought it would mean competitive advantage. That they are not speaks loudly.

Without knowing anything about the student, the professor, or the report, except that the student was your "youngest" and that a retired 80 year old English teacher apparently helped prepare the report, how are we supposed to form an opinion as to the justice or lack of justice in the C minus grade?

I'll stop wasting everyone's time, including my own, but first I'll state my opinion. If, after a dozen or two years, you have not successfully brought along the mainstream scientific community, instead accumulating a group of perpetual motion enthusiasts unable to convince patent examiners, then there are a few possibilities.

First, the scientific community might be hopelessly corrupt, with nobody at all available to listen to you.

Second, you might be hopelessly unable to communicate, whether due to arrogance or other unfortunate incapability.

Third, you might be wrong.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone, and bye.

Look at Thermacore's results with Mill's experiments :

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    starting at the 23:10 mark.

Thermacore went on to modify the electrolytic cells to optimize heat output and prevent explosions. (Around that time if I recall a cold fusion researcher at another lab was killed by a hydrogen explosion.) They ditched electrodes in favour of using very, very long and thin nickel tubing shaped into a coil, wrapped around a resistance heater. This was all submerged in potassium carbonate solution, and the tubing pressurized with hydrogen gas. Voila excess heat. Thermacore has a patent on this or something like this. Probably long since expired. Why hasn't anything come of this? From the practical, commercial side of things its power density was too low among other things. From the scientific side of things, it's too much of a departure from academic establishment thinking to be taken seriously. Otherwise, one risks reputation, funding, and employment. So much for truth seeking.

So, Mark, you are saying that Thermacore was unable to write a paper describing their results and get it through a single peer-reviewed journal? Why? Are they all so restricted to academic establishment thinking that they won't publish results that would, if confirmed, be historic? Or did Thermacore not bother to submit anything anywhere? Or did they submit and receive requests for clarification? Science isn't usually conducted by youtube, afaik.

mjtrac: We have been through that already. There will never be a stampede. When the breakthrough is achieved and a LENR product is near than there will be all kinds of mumbled excuses by established scientists. No stampede - no public admittance of being wrong 90 years.

Prof. Conrads was curious and wanted to replicate Mills. He was an old prof. by then and had 40+ years of experience in plasma science and a huge reputation. He was not allowed to conduct research at his university because of the potential "image problems" when conducting experiments of "pseudo science". The university I graduated at allowed him to conduct experiments for one year. They were succesful and ended in a paper describing the success. No stampede. That was 2003.

Yes, I understand that many people feel "the establishment" is protecting itself from being forced to acknowledge the truth. I am even prepared, to a certain extent, to believe that of some members of the establishment, though not all. But I am quite confident about the stampede of the "capitalist pigs." I've followed LENR off and on since F&P, and there are only so many times that results can appear and then disappear, before I begin to question LENR researchers the same way they question the rest of the world. It seems only fair.

One thing: I recognize that each individual should be judged only by their personal statements and behavior, so it dismays me whenever any group is supposedly tarnished by the actions of a single person, or only some members of the group. But, geez, watch that documentary, "Newman," that was posted above. IMO, anyone who believes that Newman had invented a perpetual motion device (or a device that extracted energy from magnetic fields, or whatever) is too credulous for me to take seriously.

I think any demonstration of 1.01:1, repeatable, documented sufficiently thoroughly that an undergraduate team at any university, aided by a professor as necessary, can replicate the process and see the result, would cause a stampede, similar to the stampede after the first F&P result. Large companies would want to be the first to exploit a promising technology.

My recollection is that Toyota was involved in a good deal of work, based on the early cold fusion results.

If you have, to everyone's satisfaction, more power out than power in, that's a process that can then be optimized, and the profitability race would be on and visible to all. That's my opinion, not based on any understanding of science, but based on my understanding of our economic system. I'm fully prepared for it to be wrong. I just haven't seen reason yet to think I'm wrong. I truly hope I do, because I would love for humanity's destructiveness to be mitigated.