ElderingG Member
  • Member since Aug 15th 2019
  • Last Activity:

Posts by ElderingG

A practical embodiment of the inventive apparatus, installed on October 16, 2007, is at present perfectly operating 24 hours per day, and provides an amount of heat sufficient to heat the factory of the Company EON of via Carlo Ragazzi 18, at Bondeno (Province of Ferrara)

Exactly as I remembered it. He didn't say he actually heated his factory, he said it was enough heat to heat his factory. By mentioning something very specific he suggests he heats his factory, but he didn't actually say it. Has someone got a better citation of the man himself?

10 years ago Rossi claimed he had an LENR device working for a year heating his factory. Just that one device, shown working, would make him very famous (which he seems to like) lots of money, and be front page news.

As I remember it, it was typical Rossi word play. He claimed the device produced enough heat to heat his factory during the winter, in the same way he could have said that it produced enough heat to drive a steam locomotive. But as far as I remember he never said the device actually did heat his factory. Can anyone reproduce a text where Rossi himself literally said that the device actually heated his factory? I'll be happy to admit I was wrong :).

That's a typical Rossi answer: ambiguous. You conclude he will post a picture. But he answers your question: "Have you decided?". Yes, he will decide whether he is going to post a picture and when he decides the answer may be "no". And he didn't lie.

Maybe the Shepard tone will work as well.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I must admit the very low pressure D2 environment that Mizuno likes is a puzzle, since intuitively you would expect that more pressure would improve the loading ratio if the PD. But perhaps variation on pressure is more important than absolute pressure? Encouraging deuterium to move through the Pd lattice is generally held to be a key feature of successful experiments

My idea: according to the ideal gas law PV=nRT, pressure(P) gets higher when you diminish the volume(V) of your container or enlarge the quantity of gas(n) or raise the temperature(T). That means I can obtain the same pressure by either diminishing the volume or by raising the temperature, but what does that mean for the speed of the molecules? If I diminish the volume the molecules get closer to each other and move more slowly and the pressure results from more molecules in a smaller space. If I raise the temperature the molecules are moving faster and raise the pressure at the same density. The question is what determines the loading of the lattice: the density or the speed of the molecules? You can't look at this from a macroscopic level and it might be that an individual molecule needs enough energy to enter the lattice.

thick enough to resist the pressure applied by the burnishing process.

Storms : May I ask a question? When you translate "burnish" or "polish" into the Dutch language, they both translate to the same word "Polijsten". In English there seems to be a subtle difference between the two words. Wikipedia defines "Burnishing" as "is the plastic deformation of a surface due to sliding contact with another object." and "Polishing" is defined as "Polishing and buffing are finishing processes for smoothing a workpiece's surface using an abrasive and a work wheel or a leather strop." As I understand it polishing is a more abrasive process than burnishing. In what sense should I understand your use of the word "burnishing"?

Sure, there's all kinds of parameter-spread experiments that can be done, and it will be productive and rewarding to do them.

First though. for me, we need to find in as high resolution detail as possible just exactly what occurred around the R20 mesh, so we can logic out what may have happened, and thus be able to target them more reliably.

Lets hope that the lab will liaise with TM and get some really relevant and copious data.

Agreed: If we have caught a fish, let's analyze it as well as possible.

On the other hand: perhaps there are other fishers, who are in the opportunity to throw out their nets and able to see if they can catch anything.

First time I post here. I probably won’t take part in the discussions very much, but I’d like to share an idea for the planned experiments.

I have no direct preference for any particular experiment. Because LENR seems so elusive I would in the initial phase opt for experiments, in which different variants or samples of materials could be investigated in a short time under the same conditions.

Take the Mizuno experiment for instance. This dictates that a nickel wire mesh is rubbed with palladium. This is a manual process that can lead to uneven distribution, which even might be desirable. But I would initially rub the mesh mechanically and create a segmentation on the mesh where palladium is applied in different intensities. This can be done, for example, by wrapping the mesh around a cylinder and rubbing it on a lathe from left to right in successive steps for a longer period of time. Then turn the gauze 90 degrees and do this again with a different intensity. This way you can make a distribution of palladium that runs in density for example from 1-25 or 1-100 on one mesh.

I would attach that mesh to a flat heating plate, which has been checked beforehand for an even heat distribution. I would then use a thermal camera to observe and record the temperature of the entire surface of the mesh, when it is heated. Are there specific places that are getting warmer or colder? If so, is it constant or does it fluctuate in time and is there a relationship with the intensity or direction of rubbing? If there are any light effects, what is their spectral composition?

Furthermore, I would rub the mesh in different ways and angles: perpendicular, with rotation, but still mechanical and reproducible. This makes it possible to detect anomalies and to see when and where they occur. Then, if you do find them, you can zoom in on the conditions under which they occur, reproduce these on one mesh and make actual measurements in an original Mizuno configuration. I would do qualitative investigations first to find the best candidates for quantitative experiments. For other experiments (non-Mizuno) you might think up a similar procedure.

First time I post here. I probably won’t take part in the discussions very much, but I’d like to share an idea for the planned experiments.

I have no direct preference for any particular experiment. Because LENR seems so elusive I would in the initial phase opt for experiments, in which different variants or samples of materials could be investigated in a short time under the same conditions.

Take the Mizuno experiment for instance. This dictates that a nickel wire mesh is rubbed with palladium. This is a manual process that can lead to uneven distribution, which even might be desirable. But I would initially rub the mesh mechanically and create a segmentation on the mesh where palladium is applied in different intensities. This can be done, for example, by wrapping the mesh around a cylinder and rubbing it on a lathe from left to right in successive steps for a longer period of time. Then turn the gauze 90 degrees and do this again with a different intensity. This way you can make a distribution of palladium that runs in density for example from 1-25 or 1-100 on one mesh.

I would attach that mesh to a flat heating plate, which has been checked beforehand for an even heat distribution. I would then use an infrared camera to observe and record the temperature of the entire surface of the mesh, when it is heated. Are there specific places that are getting warmer or colder? If so, is it constant or does it fluctuate in time and is there a relationship with the intensity or direction of rubbing? If there are any light effects, what is the spectral composition?

Furthermore, I would rub the mesh in different ways and angles: perpendicular, with rotation, but still mechanical and reproducible. This makes it possible to detect anomalies and to see when and where they occur. Then, if you do find them, you can zoom in on the conditions under which they occur, reproduce these on one mesh and make actual measurements in an original Mizuno configuration. I would do qualitative investigations first to find the best candidates for quantitative experiments. For other experiments (non-Mizuno) you might think up a similar procedure.