Neil Farbstein Member
  • Male
  • from Long Island City, New York
  • Member since Sep 26th 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Neil Farbstein

Hi Lou:
    I found this passage in the archive X article arxiv.org/abs/nucl-th/0512066

"The observation that large enhancements have been observed in deuterated metals
    but not in insulators [10, 12] has suggested a possible explanation based on effects of
    the plasma of electrons in the metal [11, 12]. This simplified model with quasi-free valence
    electrons predicts an electron screening distance of the order of the Debye length
    RDeb =pkbT/(4πneff(Ze)2), where neff is the effective density of valence electrons that can
    be treated as quasi-free. This approach reproduces both the correct size of the screening
    potential Ue and its dependence on the temperature: Ue ∝ T−1/2 [10, 12].

The problem with this explanation is that the resulting RDeb, for the actual experimental
    conditions, is about ten times smaller than the Bohr radius a0; the mean number of quasifree
    particles in the Debye sphere NDeb, the so called Debye number [14], is, therefore, much
    smaller than one: NDeb = neff(4π/3)R3 Deb ≈ (4π/3)neff(a0/10)3 ≈ 3 · 10−5. The picture of
    the Debye screening, which should be a cooperative effect with many participating particles
    (RDeb should be at least greater than the Wigner Seitz radius, which is of the order of the
    Bohr radius), seems not to be applicable and the observed increase of the d(d,p)t reaction
    rate still missing a consistent explanation
    . An additional technical inconsistency in the
    Debye screening explanation [10, 12] is the use of a non-degenerate formula for the screening
    radius in a situation where the electrons are degenerate."

I've been working on a chemonuclear fusion reactor that uses liquid lithium as the reaction medium and fusion target.
    According to Ikegami the DeBroglie wavelengths of electrons in the liquid lithium plasma are spread out over a length of tens of atoms- a lot bigger than the Bohr radius.
    Does that lead to an extension of the screening length too?

They claim a theoretical method of lengthening the lifetime of radioactive isotopes. It might be possible to lengthen the lifetime of nuclear complexes of deuterium in palladium or nickel and increase their confinement time, thus increasing the nuclear fusion n rate. It might be applicable to other LENR reactions too.

SUPERNOVA POWER!
    Chemonuclear Fusion is a type of low energy nuclear fusion that has
    been shown to produce energy in two experiments. Aneutronic nuclear
    fusion can provide unlimited electric power without polluting the
    environment with radioactive waste and greenhouse emissions.
    Chemonuclear processes in small dense white dwarf stars accelerate
    the rate of nuclear fusion and cause them to explode in spectacular
    supernova explosions.

We started the Chemonuclear Fusion
    Project is to raise awareness of this new and vitally important
    source of environmentally clean energy and to promote research and
    development.

The Chemonuclear Fusion Project is soliciting
    volunteers to help our crowdfunding and educational campaigns. Our
    crowdfunding webpages will soon be up and running. We want people to
    post to discussion groups and help us get the word out that
    aneutronic chemonuclear fusion might be the radiation free way to
    power the world if we can get the funding to build and test
    reactors.

We want artists who can help us design T-shirts,
    mugs, and promotional items to sell and give away to our
    contributors. Writers to write promotional materials and post to web
    forums are also wanted. Video producers and professional and amateur
    scientists who can help the public understand the concepts of
    chemonuclear fusion are encouraged to contact us also.

Visit our facebook page
    and give us a like. We welcome your comments and questions!

https://www.facebook.com/chemonuclearfusionproject

They predicted that liquid lithium's special thermodynamic and quantum properties would speedup LENR processes as well as well known nuclear fusion reactions. Have you read Ikegami's report about nickel-deuterium fusion with lithium to speed it up?

I'm looking for partners to replicate the deuterium molecular ion- liquid lithium experiment that produced 2000 times breakeven according to Ikegami.
    I have a patent pending on modifications of his reactors that will offer higher power densities and other advantages.

I'm also trying to raise funds for an experiment at a world famous nuclear physics lab that has worked with the ITER project. The Director of that lab says he will research my reactor in addition to trying to reproduce the above experiments but I have to come up with $400,000.

Where does the aluminum go when the lithium aluminum hydride breaks down into lithium and hydrogen at the highest temperature. What phase is the lithium aluminum amalgam? Does it form an amalgam or do they separate when the LiAlH4 breaks down? LiAlH4 breaks down in two steps. What phases are present during that process? What is the morphology of the nickel particles you used? are they structured like Rossis? When will photographs be available?

I used google translate on the second page of the document in the link-
    "Increasing the power to the heating continued until the average surface temperature of the reactor did not reach 1260 ° C at the heater power consumed 810 watts. Work in this mode lasted almost 10 days. Thereafter, the power was raised to 900 watts. As a result, within a few minutes the reactor temperature was increased to 1400 ° C.

Further work took place at a power of 900 W electrical heating up to a pre-scheduled time off (32 days after the reactor fuel).
    Brief description of the Rossi test reactor
    In the first stage for 23 hours worked without a reactor fuel, which made calibration measurements, then the fuel was loaded weight of about 1 g, having the form of fine powder, and incorporated gradually rising heat."

It seems like real validation.

Hi Alain;
    You wrote" you project is not clear. today there is many name for the same animal seen from many sides... more than scientific, we also need financial data to avoid the fiasco of Defkalion again who tried to surf on that real wave. who is you team ? any well know name in the field ? scientific papers and some review by old LENR scientists ? for early investment VC will soon be the best guy to make due diligence, or at least support from names in the domain. "

Chemonuclear fusion is the name given to the phenomenon of liquid lithium promoted fusion by Hidegetsu ikegamai and his group that includes Roland Petersson. The leader of my prject is the director of a nuclear research center in the American Midwaest who wants to remain anonymous at this time.
    He reviewed my patent application and concluded that it is an important concept that should be tested experimentally and that if it works as the theory predicts it will change the world energy equation. If it does work the reactors will have all of the advantages of nuclear fission and none of the disadvantages- no radioactive waste and no meltdown potential.

Can you help me get reviews from LENR theorists? I dont want to divulge the information to non US scientists since it is a lot harder to prosecute IP theft with the legal resources I now have. If you gave me introductions to VC investors that would be welcome too.