axil Verified User
  • Member since Oct 10th 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by axil

@Director

You are going in the right direction, but you have a very long way to go. You must explain a menagerie of seeming impossibles including how no gamma radiation is most often generated in the LENR reaction, but it does sometimes show up. How does this on again, off again condition work. Why are no radioactive isotopes produced in LENR even when transmutation is produced. What are the rules that govern what elements are transmuted.

How does microbes produce transmutation?

What is active in LENR fuel? How is that fuel produced, What happens to the fuel to make it LENR active when this fuel is manufactured.

How does transmutation occurs?

There is hundreds of other LENR seeming mysteries to solve, but I just wanted to give you a taste what you are up against. This is not even counting the brain dead babblers, the hatters, the idiots and the simpletons that you will be obliged to contend with.

In the ongoing LENR ecosystem that we swim in today, we have more than our share of nattering nabobs of negativism and denial. They have formed their own 4-H club -- the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history."

There are another 4 decades of theory and experiments in front of you to get to the first beginnings of an idea of what is actually happening in LENR.

Fair enough. However to the extent that the disclosure of basic science results is delayed by engineering aspirations, this all begins to sound like a familiar scenario from the lenr world. A scenario that so far has resulted in nothing of substance.

I am a basic scientist and have always published as soon as I thought I had a story that would hold up under scrutiny. That strategy produces results and generates innovation. But then I have always had the luxury of spending someone else's money (i.e., grants from public institutions). I've never had the nerve to do what you are doing and put personal finances on the line. I think that is admirable.

Looking For Heat is not the only show in town. You should give Looking For Heat a break, there is another upcoming source of LENR insight about to come on line. There is LION whose main goal is to educate guys like you and me about the LENR reaction. A few days ago I when through my latest musings about how strange radiation comes to be. In his reaction, LION wet my appetite for his research when he posted as follows:

Hi Axil,

and it (the quasi-participle that produces the LENR reaction in fueled systems) SPITS out Particles as it goes, the one I saw was BLACK and only visible due to the shiny Nickel around it.

I naturally wanted more info, so I posted as follows:

Can you supply a inclusive narrative that describes this experience?

Then LION was kind enough to reply as follows:

Indeed, and the elements listed in my post above will provide a video of the phenomenon itself.

I would dearly like to both say and show more but doing so would put events out of sequence that are currently in play.

I will honour your request fully in the near future, be sure to hold me to this promise.

You see Axil I have won already, and am simply thoroughly lining up events so that as wide an audience as possible may benefit from it, that for me includes main stream science

I cannot know beforehand how they will respond but I have always believed I had a DUTY to try and engage with them and in so doing hopefully change their engagement with LENR. I have never doubted that they can make their own significant contribution to this emerging field.

Particle Physics is the way to go, I agree with you on this.

I assure you I am moving as quickly as possible, I am keeping BOB informed of my slow but sure progress.

All the best, THANKS AXIL for ALL you wonderful contributions and clear Thinking.

1. Steven N. Karels August 18, 2018 at 2:59 AM

Dear Andrea Rossi,

So questions on your 40MW plant to be installed:

1. What is the minimum time from a cold start-up to full output power?

2. What is the time from full output power to a complete shutdown?

3. What is the time during operation at 50% power output to achieve 100% power output?

2. Andrea Rossi August 18, 2018 at 8:36 AM

Steven N. Karels:

1- the reactors are shut down in seconds, the thermal inertia takes proportional time to be exchanged up

2- same as in 1 reversed

3- depends on the thermal inertia of the heat exchanger

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Learn something about what Rossi is now doing.

In both the QX and SK reactors, there is very little thermal mass to heat up and cool down. The energy derived from these plasma reactors comes from the plasma. The stimulus or pumping is not heat because there is no time to develop any heat pumping. The stimulus: pumping come from LIGHT.

Rossi Independently generates LIGHT that is derived from plasma that the high voltage arc discharge initially forms and then RF excitation continues for a few seconds to continue the excitation of the plasma. Both the arc and the RF is delivered from the nickel electrodes. This is essentially how a HID bulb works. What makes the LENR reaction go is the LENR fuel that is loaded into the transparent tube that contains the plasma and loaded when the reactor is manufactured. From the description of the blinding light produced by the SK reactor it is my guess that there is high pressure Xenon in the reactor to produce the light. The QX and SK differ in that the SK uses Xenon to maximize light pumping.

The manufacture of the HID bulb is established tech and a factory to produce this type of device can be easily setup with no technical risk.

220px-Xenon_short_arc_1.jpg
    15 kW xenon short-arc lamp used in IMAX projectors

High-intensity discharge lamps (HID lamps) are a type of electrical gas-discharge lamp which produces light by means of an electric arc between tungsten electrodes housed inside a translucent or transparent fused quartz or fused alumina arc tube. This tube is filled with noble gas and often also contains suitable metal or metal salts. The noble gas enables the arc's initial strike. Once the arc is started, it heats and evaporates the metallic admixture. Its presence in the arc plasma greatly increases the intensity of visible light produced by the arc for a given power input, as the metals have many emission spectral lines in the visible part of the spectrum. High-intensity discharge lamps are a type of arc lamp.

I like razzle-dazzle light shows a lot. Researchers run into accidentally producing them every so often. But the researchers who become interested in finding out how those light shows work are the people who make the world a better place. In so doing, they remove a tiny bit of ignorance from the affairs of men. And those shows are even better when we know how they work.

022.jpg

So could "energetic materials" convince the US military this October at BrLP's open house, to partner up? Mills claims he can produce 10X's more energy than TNT. If he can prove that, he may have a deal. We shall see. I think he needs this, as nothing else is panning out...so far. Will the military bring their bomb calorimetry experts along, or only the top brass to feel Mills out?

Papp has the patent on water based explosives.

As noted by A.A., Madoff could not retire. He was running a Ponzi scheme. It is like a bicycle you have to keep pedaling or you fall over. You have to keep ramping a Ponzi scheme up and up, trapping more and more victims. Eventually, you run out of new victims and the whole thing collapses.

I believe there are other methods of committing fraud that do not have this problem. Rossi could have stopped after Doral. I think I.H. was resigned to letting him keep the money. He upped the ante by filing suit against them. I hope the legal fees cost him all the money he scammed out of them. Maybe I should not hope that? Maybe he is back in the game, looking for the next victim, because he spent all the money on the lawsuit.

Rossi spent that Doral legal fee money to get back his IP. This IP could turn out to be very valuable.

fyi

1. Abe Vincent August 16, 2018 at 7:11 PM

Dear Andrea, Will your production reactors be FCC and UL certified? or won’t that be necessary if you aren’t actually selling them? As I recall UL approval requires the factory/production line to be approved as well. At least it did for electronic products.

2. Andrea Rossi August 17, 2018 at 2:04 AM

Abe Vincent,

We have for the industrial production the certification of SGS and of Bureau Veritas.

We do not have UL certification, that is not necessary for industrial plants.

We will make the UL certification for the domestic Ecats in the USA.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Please enlighten us as to the basis for your claim that Rossi "has certification of that product." I don't remember anyone finding any public record of such a certification, an application therefor or any posting by Rossi of a copy of any such a certification. Or is this another instance of RossiSays?

That is a fine idea. Ask Rossi in his blog to post his QX related certifications.

1. TOUSSAINT francois August 16, 2018 at 5:05 AM

Dear Andrea Rossi

I wish you a great success with this first 40 Mw plant, and there will be many more to come !

Is there still an important test this august with the SK E-CAT ?

Warm Regards

Toussaint françois

2. Andrea Rossi August 16, 2018 at 7:58 AM

Toussaint Francois:

Thank you for your kind wishes. Yes, an extremely important test will be made at the end of August through the first 10 days of September. After that, strategic decisions will have to be made.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

3. Frank Acland August 16, 2018 at 5:42 AM

Dear Andrea,

Do you already have all the necessary authorizations to install and operate the 40 MW plant?

Kind regards,

Frank Acland

4. Andrea Rossi August 16, 2018 at 7:56 AM

Frank Acland:

Our Customer is dealing with this issue. We have the necessary safety certification already done and all our plant’s components are certified. Locally certified engineers are dealing with specific licenses.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

As the situation now stands: this dialog tells me that Rossi must use the QX reactor in the 40 MW application because he has certification of that product. Either that or Rossi intends to wait to further develop the SK before he attempts to use the SK to manufacture the 40 MW reactor.

I will assume that is a rhetorical question. Also, and I am not a patent lawyer, but if he changes to adopt this new theory, whouldn't he have problems with the issue of pre-existing art?

No person can claim ownership of a law of nature. The Mills GUT is a replacement of QM and as such is a law of nature.

Rossi said that the QX reactor would be used to implement the low powered home unit because of its safety. The SK reactor would be used to implement the bigger industrial applications. The SK is either 10k watts per unit or 100K watts per unit. A 40 Mw application would be made up of an array of 400 SK units.

The Mills GUT theory that underpins how his tech works is how he intends to avoid the AstroTurfing that accompanies a tech that is not yet otherwised explained. You got to give Mills his due to come up with a theory that is non nuclear...totally based on chemistry that explains how his product produces energy. He also has a boatload of followers who support his concepts with religious intensity. Maybe Rossi should embrace the hydrino theory with a change in his patent. This new tech approach for Rossi will solve his certification problems. But is Rossi so dishonest to embrace a fraudulent theory to advance his own interests?

Other LENR developers should observe the type of resistance and astroturfing that your product will eventually be subjected to from the enemies of LENR. With this obstacle in mind, make sure you have in hand an air tight theory of how your product works and can prove it without any doubt.

The Rossi reactor is now a DISTRIBUTED reactor in that the energy that is produced comes from many 100 watt units connected together by a flow of coolant where a failure will be isolated to only one of these units. These independent units are isolated functionally and do not interact as happens in a neutron based nuclear reaction. In other words the design of the QX reactor regardless of its size is inherently safe.

You have to believe that Rossi is wearing a toupee because his hair fell out due to the effects of "Strange Radiation".

A recent dialog between AXIL and LION as follows:

AXIL: "In the LION reactor meltdown as well as many other LENR experiments, strange radiation is seen. These particle tracks are produced by the energy rich petal condensate as it moves around and absorbs energy using self pumping along it path of travel."

LION: "Hi Axil,

and it SPITS out Particles as it goes, the one I saw was BLACK and only visible due to the shiny Nickel around it."

AXIL: "Can you supply a inclusive narrative that describes this experience?"

LION: "

Indeed, and the elements listed in my post above will provide a video of the phenomenon itself.

I would dearly like to both say and show more but doing so would put events out of sequence that are currently in play.

I will honour your request fully in the near future, be sure to hold me to this promise.

You see Axil I have won already, and am simply thoroughly lining up events so that as wide an audience as possible may benefit from it, that for me includes main stream science"

I want to push back on the notion that LENR is nuclear. LENR produces no gamma radiation. and neutrons. The energy that LENR releases could well come from the vacuum. It is up to the regulators to duplicate Rossi's reactor and determine where the energy is coming from before they ban that energy source as having an unknown character. For all intents and purposes LENR is not harmful to life since LENR can also be produced by bacteria.