Posts by Zephir_AWT

I don't see any spiral tracks - only filaments of cat fur and another impurities over picture. The reactor contains lotta copper parts, which will dissolve and precipitate back again at surface of aluminum, iron or titanium - no evidence of nuclear reaction or radiation has been given.

Only if the proton would decay to radiation completely. But why it shouldn't decay to neutron and electron first, for example? The probability of such process is much higher, it runs for example inside the neutron stars, which segregate their matter of protons to neutron core and electron surface layer. It releases lower energy but the scale of its production would overshadow every subtle effect of direct proton decay.

The proton decay is abstract concept - in reality the protons would always decay to their constituents first.

The Randel Mills theory essentially contradicts the Pilot wave theory (and quantum mechanics as a whole, after all). He doesn't interpret the orbitals like the fancy wave interference patterns of Pilot waves (or wave functions) of electrons - but like hollow less or more spherical shells.

Given the upper limit of proton decay speed observed (more than 6 × 1034 years) it's improbable to play significant role for LENR: with axions or without them (the same logics indeed also applies to axions itself). If the heat of Sun would depend on decay of protons, it would produce few microwatts as a whole.

Why not, but such a stimulation should have some tangible physical mechanism behind it (surface plasmons or polaritons due to impact of ions from plasma, EPR or nuclear magnetic resonance). We should distinguish environmental factors and experimental tools, how to achieve them.

I now believe that grand unification of forces can occur in a polariton Bose condensate as a method of graded energy filling

The forces within Bose condensate (BTW cudos for unlearning of "condinsate" misspelling - I can really see some progress here) are quite minute ones: they cannot unify itself with weak and strong nuclear forces and/or gravity. Matti Pitkänen is lone mathematical savant, but I never saw a single coherent prediction other than "TGD-motivated" vague blurbs. He just lives in his own world of imagination in similar way, like you - just at opposite side of formal barrier.

Of course yes. I presume, that the cold fusion runs primarily due to Astroblaster/Mossbauer effect (multiplication of momentum) during collinear collisions of atoms within metal lattices. Once the atom nuclei emerge along a single line, then the shielding pseudoforces would manifest itself like quantum entanglement, but their character will be more complex. Such a forces would glue the product of collisions for a moment, which could enhance the cold fusion and neutron exchange. It's worth to note, that Storm's hydrotons and Holmlid dense hydrogen are also formed with long chains of atoms, which must be glued somehow together.

The entanglement of atom nuclei would also lower the Coulomb barrier and enhance the binding forces between atom nuclei. It's evident, these forces should manifest more at low temperatures (where atoms are keeping their order better) and inside negatively curved surfaces (cracks and dislocations of metal lattices eliminate virtual photons, which mediate competetive dipole forces). The only question is, how much such an effects are really significant for total yield of cold fusion, because I presume, that the cold fusion is synergetic result of multiple similar factors: electron shielding, hydride formation, etc..

The beryllium-8 nuclei are elongated (as you may guess, two stable double magic alpha particles prefer to co-exist independently within Be-8, so that the resulting structure resembles dumbbell or binary star system rather than sphere), which opens the way for low-dimensional physics, based on shielding of longitudinal waves of vacuum. The Yukawa force interactions along connection line of such an elongated nuclei gets enforced, which promotes the formation of new bosons of force. The long distance analogy of this behavior are for example filaments of dark matter and/or Allais effect during solar eclipses.

hJzNr4c.gif

Look, I'm posting to this site to present my opinion, not to get convinced with various skeptics. I can only insist, that the polywater case was underesearched: the occasional replicators focused to bringing of alternative explanations (silicone grease, sodium accetate) - not to actual replication of the original finding.

Rossi will produce a demo that will show what he wants to show. The job of the cynics is to come up with an explanation of the deceptions that Rossi has invented. Rossi will not show anything that his competition can used to move their research forward.

I'm with Axil in this matter. This is precisely my opinion too: Rossi is overly secretive and he will not show anything what could convince skeptics. If he abandoned ECat already, he could show something more about this technology rather than Quark-X reactor. The people just want to see, if he is able to demonstrate something.

The Polywater claim was conclusively shown to be a mistake

This is also generally, what the cold fusion is claimed by now at Wikipedia, don't you think? I can see no difference from mainstream physics perspective.

But the fact, that some effect cannot be easily replicated even at the wide scale still doesn't mean, there is no bit of truth behind it. After all, all published replications are quite old already - both polywatter both its alleged disproval became an urbal legend with little experimental background.

The water behaves anomalously near surfaces, it remembers its state there - and the glass capillaries have lotta specific surface. Maybe some specific combination of ion impurities, capillary diameter, pH and charge creates a proper condition for creation of water cluster cages and replication of this effect - but it evaded the attention of impatient replicators.

‘Coulombic Ordering’ in Tight Spaces Disrupts Normal Particle Behavior in Ions. The main effect here is, the quantum effects (Zero Point Energy) shake particles confined to a narrow channels (and/or layers) in such a way, the standard ion ordering withing crystal lattices gets violated. It's sorta analogy of increase of melting point of ice inside thin layers of humidity (yes, the known effect of ice slipperiness and regelation also belong into this group of phenomena).

From dense aether model perspective this effect is easy to explain: the vacuum fluctuations have a tendency to shake all elementary particles in neverending motion, the intensity of which is rather insignificant when it occurrs in all three dimensions at the same moment. But its momentum is rather constant, so that once we eliminate the motion of particles in two or three dimensions, then the effects of vacuum energy in residual dimensions get significantly enhanced and the uncertainty of particle speed and motion in the residual dimensions/directions increases.

Here I created an animation which sorta illustrates this effect in illustrative way. The motion of particles gets bewildered, once they get constrained in their motion.

34YMOIi.gif 

There were observations of enhancing of cold fusion inside the materials, which have electron motion constrained into a narrow channels (hole stripes within superconductors - Mario Rabinowitz, Edmund Storms). Also there are indicia. that the cold fusion runs way easier inside a narrow channels (dislocation of whisker crystals) as Francesco Piantelli utilizes in his technology.

Other than that, the breaking of ion ordering has no direct application for cold fusion I guess, because the cold fusion doesn't care about some ordering. There are some LENR theories, like the Storms’ "hydrotons", which consider the alternating sequences of protons (hydrogen ions) and electrons. In most other cases, the remaining shells would keep the nuclei at distance. However, this is a very special case, since there will be no Coulomb repulsion of the electron shells (a single electron cannot not repel itself) and the breaking of this order would inhibit cold fusion, rather than support it. What is IMO important there is, the increased energy of ion collisions constrained to a narrow channels or cracks could enable the overcoming of Coulomb barriers easier, at least in theory.

My trust in the whole Polywater thing is rather low, but I can see similarity with Mpemba effect, which is also poorly reproducible. The problem is in special conditions, which the experiment must fulfill, or the life-time of effect is low. After all, to prepare undercooler water is not also quite easy and yet nobody doubts it.

This is typical hot fusion approach with all its drawbacks (actually hotter than common ITER/tokamaks). Not sure why they are getting PR now (see above for THHuxleynew's post)... The pinch fusion could work more effectively than tokamak because of low-dimensional character of ion collisions here (I mean with using of Astroblaster effect similar to cold fusion mechanism within metal lattices. But the results so far were not convincing (in particular because the proton-boron fusion requires way higher ignition temperature than deuterium fusion, at least in theory).

Also the content of patent doesn't add nothing new to known LENR technology despite it's huge - it essentially means, it tries to embrace the potential LENR business, not to bring progress into it. On the whole 140+ pages of patent application absolutely no new trick is revealed. Most of you could write the similar patent application with using of existing knowledge for sure. You may call it "legit business", but the patent trolling is prosecuted in most of civilized countries.

There is a link to the company's publicly available information ("s.r.o." acronym is roughly the equivalent of "Ltd".) It's rather Russian than Czech company, which makes me suspicious about their real business and intentions. For me it looks like typical patent troll or mafia company, trying to embrace and extent the potential LENR business in post-soviet republics in the name of Russian Federation.

1. ing. EMANUEL HUBENÝ Praha - Stodůlky, U jezera, PSČ 155 00

2. OLEG OLSHANSKY Volgograd, Klubnichnaja 19, PSČ 400 069, Russsian federation.

3. ANDREY KOLOSOV Volgograd, Vostochno-Kazachstanskaja 49a, PSČ 400 094, Russsian federation.

4. LEONID KHUDYSHKIN Volgograd, Prazhskaja 1, PSČ 400 050, Russsian federation.

Apparently Russia struggles to embrace energetic business in all countries of its influence. So this patent makes no big deal for future progress of LENR - it's rather an example of growing gray economics connected with it.

As for possible connection of Czech LENR researcher known as Me356, the Power Heat Energy S.R.O. based in "Nusle in the Czech Republic" is from Prague, whereas Me356 comes from somewhere around Brno in Morava, where Bob Greenyer also lives. Also the content of patent application doesn't overlap way too much with Me356 actual research (i.e. the fusion in hydrogen plasma discharge). The technology presented in patent is more close to Quark-X reactor. Me356 has also said, IIRC, that he has gone to great lengths to avoid any lenr-type patents...

I can understand, that controversial topics like the LENR cannot exist without pathoskeptic trolls like maryyugo who doubt everything and confused apologists like axil who promote every nonsense - but it would great if this forum would work on their gradual elimination instead of proliferation of extremists at least.

Moved from another thread. Eric

Making a cold fusion device is roughly as difficult as making a NiCad battery, which it resembles in some ways

Your objection implies, that the people should be able to practice the LENR in its commercial form (NiCd are commercial type of accumulator).

But for example Al-C battery works reliably and it can be made in the kitchen. In similar way, the first detection diodes were made by amateurs from pyrite and they also worked well, despite they were replaced with silicone later.

Good theory wouldn't help too much for (patho)skeptics - after all, we have over seventy theories of cold fusion already and the LENR subject is very broad - a single model may not be enough.

What could fusion needs for its acceptation is some well documented demonstration system, which everyone could replicate in his kitchen and which would generate apparent heat or radiation on demand in controllable manner.